The Fish Market.

The Fish Market.

A Chapter by SuicidePact.

I was at the fish market with my father, I always loved going there when I was younger, mainly because everyone on this island knows my father, and they all loved him. They also loved his daughter, and spoiled her rotten.

I noticed out of the corner of my eye, a group of young men, all on push bikes behind Mr T’s stand, they looked awfully familiar; one of them looked exactly like Micky, a boy I used to play with as a child.

Then I noticed who Micky was with.

Tera.

I quickly turned and faced the opposite direction, for I did not want to be recognised by these boys. You see I have a reputation around here. Not the kind that you think. I’m Kaetalita, the tough nut. The boys round here like to stir me up, just to see how long it will take for me to lash out. Not that I am a tomboy or anything, I just have a temper.

Micky stops to talk to my father, making me stop in my tracks; I can’t walk over there now! Tera will notice me.

“Zee, how’ve you been man?” Micky asked dad.

“I’ve been well, have you seen my girl around here?” dad asked him, oh great now he knows I’m here.

“There she is” Tera shouts, pointing me out in the crowd of locals, so I stubbornly walk over to them.

“Kaetalita, there you are.”

“Here I am.” I answer awkwardly.

“You didn’t tell me you knew this gentleman.” Dad gestures toward Tera.

“I didn’t think it was relevant.” I answer honestly.

“She didn’t tell you, I’ve been surfing with her for a week?” Tera has a smug look upon his stupid face.

“Oh you’re that one, yes I have heard about you once or twice”

“Dude, you’re not supposed to go to the spot!” Micky’s mouth drops open at the thought of anyone surfing at my spot.

“What can I say, she finds me charming.”

“He won’t leave, trust me I have tried.” I inform him as well as my father.

They both laugh, and Micky pats Tera on the back.



© 2012 SuicidePact.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
Added on May 9, 2012
Last Updated on May 9, 2012


Author

SuicidePact.
SuicidePact.

Not telling!, SecretVille., Australia



About
You'll find a lot about me through my writing. more..

Writing