reasons to write

reasons to write

A Story by Firemay
"

Writing is my everything

"
Hello there fellow writer, 

I would love to know why you write and what you think about it.
Of course, you may or may not answer any question you'd like or ask me anything. 
These are the questions i came up with, again, you don't have to answer them all. 
You can write your answer here or send me a mail. :D

1) At what age did you start to write?

2) why do you write? (an actual reason)

3) has anything dramatic ever happened to you? what happened?

4) do you think you would have written if it didn't happen?

5) why do you think other people write? 


If you have any thing else to add, be my guest.

Thank you so much!!! ;)

© 2016 Firemay


Author's Note

Firemay
Please answer. Thank you :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

1) At what age did you start to write?--At 12 years old. School paper.

2) why do you write? (an actual reason)--I have to. I was reading Hemingway, Jack London and Kosinski at 8 years old. I wanted to live a life filled with adventure and write about it.

3) has anything dramatic ever happened to you? what happened? Many things. Lost of five brothers, war and racism.

4) do you think you would have written if it didn't happen? I would have wrote. Differently.

5) why do you think other people write? Some people are born to write and some people read and read. The internal writer comes alive.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


1) At what age did you start to write?
I have only been writing for a bit less than a year now, I was 20 when I started.

2) why do you write? (an actual reason)
It started as a way to pass the time, but I quickly fell in love with it. For me, being able to create a world from scratch and make up the rules and history is the best feeling in the world. I have always been making up stories in my head, but since I started writing them down I now have a way to share them with others and have them experience these stories I came up with.

3) has anything dramatic ever happened to you? what happened?
Yes, I got a chronic illness about 2,5 years ago. It caused me to drop out of college and more or less cut me off from the outside world. But it also was the thing that made me find my love for writing.

4) do you think you would have written if it didn't happen?
No, probably not. I really started writing out of boredom, not even knowing if I was ever going to share it with the world. It started as just a way to pass the time but it quickly became a hobby.

5) why do you think other people write?
I think everyone has their own reasons, but the most popular reason seems to be because they love to write. It's in their nature, and a lot of them probably couldn't live without it. Incidentally, those people also tend to be the best writers in my opinion, people who write because they love it, because they need to. For some it's like an obsession, really (in a good way).

Posted 7 Years Ago


Firemay

7 Years Ago

Thank you! Would you mind me adding these as well?
Lavorther

7 Years Ago

For that piece you're working on? No, that's fine
Firemay

7 Years Ago

Thank you!!!!
Hi, yes i write. I find writing therapeutic, nothing has happened that caused me to enjoy writing..that Iam aware of I simply enjoy it, especially letters if Iam having a good rant lol! I think other people pissibly write for similar reasons to my own, on occassions it helps to make sense of certain situations that have been unclear..writing it out can help untangle things. Others i suppose just have a good story to tell 😀

Posted 7 Years Ago



2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

567 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 20, 2016
Last Updated on July 1, 2016
Tags: write, why, i, people, let, me, be, myself, escape, reality

Author

Firemay
Firemay

Israel



About
Hey, I'm 22 years old. My writing is everything for me, if it's in my mind, it's on a page. My hobbies are dancing, writing, reading, painting and photography. And that's me. more..

Writing
Wars Wars

A Poem by Firemay



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..