Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
FREE author website
Authors are creating beautiful personal websites with Myauthor.space for FREE! Try us before you spend $1000s of dollars
Hipster God And Eats..

Hipster God And Eats..

A Chapter by ShadyGirl763
"

Alexus and Bobby go to Murphy's Party..

"

03: Hipster God and Eats

            “Be careful tonight, kid.” Alexus said and I laughed. What could possibly go wrong? All I was going to do was find him and kiss him again. No problem at all. “Is that�"“ She paused in her tracks when her eyes found Marshall who was looking over the party.

            He pushed his hands against his blonde short hair as he surveyed the room. Alexus cupped her hands over her mouth and yelled “Marshall!” He looked up and spotted her as he darted through the crowd. “Hey!” She laughed as he bit his lip watching a drunk girl stumble past. “What are you doing here?”

            “Dunno. Just tryin’ to get out, ya know. What about you?” He looked her over. “Don’t look like you’re much of a partier.”

            “Yeah. I was into partying before it became cool.” She joked and he laughed. “Sorry it was a hipster joke. They think they invented anything. Hell, my ponytail was invented by hipsters. Your shoes were invented by hipsters. Bobby’s name, yeah you guessed it, hipster.”

            He laughed. “Aw, well. Didn’t realize hipsters and God had so much in common. I was in to rap music before it was cool, does that count?”

            “Yes!” Alexus laughed. “Marshall Mathers, hipster Jesus.”

            “Oh, I wouldn’t go that far.” He shrugged. “So, what are you guys doing here?”

            “Bobby here is on the prowl. I’m just… Being the wingman I guess.” She laughed nervously as she realized that she was having an actual conversation with the inventor of neck porn. It took all of the patience she could possibly muster not to latch her face onto his and not let go.

            “I’ll leave you two to it.” I smiled and she nodded as I slipped into the crowd.

            “So rap music, you say?” She nonchalantly scooted a bit closer to Marshall who sipped his cup before looking into the crowd.

            “Yeah.” He laughed. “I love rapping. It’s everything to me.”

            Meanwhile, I began my search for Murphy. “Hey girl!” Someone called out but I ignored them.

            “Hey.” I smiled politely to a guy standing before me, tall, blonde and pushing glasses up his nose. “Have you seen Murphy?”

            “Uh…” the guy laughed. “Funny, I don’t think I have.” He said and the guys around him all laughed. “Sorry toots.” I stared at him for a second before making my way up the stairs. “Hey girl!” I heard the same voice repeat as I made my way through the hallway.

            “Hey!” I whirled around.

            “You can’t be wondering around here ignoring people. Especially people like me.” The guy stood up straight. I glared at him. “Who are you looking for.”

            “Oh Murph.” He laughed. “Come on.” He pulled my hand I followed behind him. “Wait, I should ask�"“ He stopped in front of a door. “How do you know Murph…?”

            “He’s just a friend.” I smiled politely as I smoothed out my dress. “We have production class together�"“

            “Aw yeah?” He laughed as he pushed the bottle of Jack Daniels in his hand up to his face and sipped it a few times. “I think he told me about you. Bobby, right? Like Ricky Bobby.” He pointed and chuckled. “That’s cute.”

            “Yeah.” I peered over his shoulder.

            “Aye, look. Come drink with me and my boys. Murphy’s working on homework right now. He’ll be out in a little while.” He said and I stared at the door before looking back at him. “You know Marshall too, right?”

            “Yeah. He’s in my class too.” I replied disappointedly, realizing that this conversation wasn’t going to get me on the other side of the door.

            “Well, ye, how about you come roll with me until Murph comes out.” He wrapped an arm around my neck and pulled me back out into the crowd. “Marshall!” He yelled out and Marshall turned around from his place in the crowd by Alexus. “Let’s go pound these drinks, playboy!”

            “Alright.” Marshall turned back to Alexus. “You wanna go?” She nodded and the guy before me pulled me alongside him into the hallway. I looked back as Alexus jogged behind Marshall as we made our way down the hall.

            “Secret room that don’t nobody know about.” The guy smiled at me before pushing his key in the door. My eyes quickly scanned the letters RA on it before it swung open. “Ladies first.” He grinned before holding his arm out. I slowly walked into the large room and Alexus soon appeared beside me.

            “Resident’s Advisor gets the biggest room.” Alexus breathed out. “How did you get access to this?” She turned back to the boys and I followed suit. The guy beside Marshall shrugged before taking another swig of his whiskey.

            “They call me Yela.” He held his hand out to me before lifting an eyebrow. “You just look lost.”

            “She’s not lost, she’s looking for Murphy  Flintmore.” Alexus said and both men smirked.

            “Well you aint gone find him in here boo, so you can just wipe that confused look off your face now. Like I said, he busy. You got Yela.” He held the bottle out. “Now, you drink?”

            “Not Jack.” I cringed.

            “Aw yeah? What’s wrong with a lil’ whiskey.” He chuckled. “You like jager?” He lifted an eyebrow and I slowly watched as he walked across the room.

            “Got any Bicardi for me?” Alexus asked as she made her way to a chair across the room.

            “OOOO!” Marshall clapped. “Someone drinks hard.” He laughed as Yela tossed a bottle of Bicardi 151 to Alexus who caught it smiling at it as if it were her own child.

            I watched as he pulled a green bottle out of the small mini fridge before him and sitting it down on the table in the middle of the room. Shortly after, he sat a shot glass beside it. “Don’t just stand there, come get some.” He said to me and I slowly walked towards him.

            The first splatter of dark liquid touched the bottom of the small glass as he began to pour at a slow pace. “This’ll get you real good.” He muttered as Marshall sat beside Alexus. I gulped down my apprehension as I took the shot from him and quickly pushed the liquid down my throat.

            He smiled as I shuddered from the warm feeling I got in my throat the minute the liquor attempted to settle. “There ya go. Gimmie that.” He took the glass and slowly poured shot number two.

            “Drink up, Ricky Bobby. It’s going to be a long night.” He said as I tossed back the second shot.

            He laughed as he grabbed his Jack Daniel’s bottle and sipped it slowly. I looked over where Alexus had taken a swig of the Bicardi and was handing the bottle to Marshall. I shook my head at the shot glass in my hand before reaching for the bottle of Jager sitting on the table before me.

            “Oh, no. You might hurt ya’self trying to play with the big boys. Eats and I played last semester, so I know she can handle it.”

            “Eats?” I lifted an eyebrow and he nodded pointing the bottle at Alexus. “Why’d you call her Eats?”

“That little lady got a pair of chompers on ‘er. I swear, I aint never seen fangs like those.” She laughed before opening her mouth and revealing sharp teeth. “Eats is a fighter, but she’s a damn good drinker. Bet you aint even stared down the eye of one of those things.” He shifted a bit before swaying.

“The eye?”

“Yeah, the eye is the bottom of the bottle when it’s empty.” Marshall offered softly and I stared at Yela for a second.

“I can do it.” I muttered and he lifted an eyebrow. “I can do it.” I unscrewed the cap of the bottle and all thoughts of Murphy flooded away as I prepared myself for the ultimate challenge.

 



© 2012 ShadyGirl763


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

274 Views
Added on June 3, 2012
Last Updated on June 3, 2012





Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)
Compartment 114
Compartment 114