Mirror Of Hope

Mirror Of Hope

A Poem by Jason Shadows
"

Look Away From Within.

"
"Held By The Angels Above As Their Tears Shine For Me.
 Creeping Darkness Pulls Me Down Far As I Can See.
 Hunted By The Monsters Of My Past.
 Swinging Wildly To Force Them Into Ash.
 
 Burning Scars Ignite On My Heart.
 Buried In The Sands Of Time Just Lost Apart.

 It Hurts So Much Just As It Would Be As Such.
 Walking With Heaven's Lantern.
 Torn By Hell's Twisted Pattern.
 Shadows Turning Away As I Sway. 

 My Memories Are Silently Waiting.
 My Own Soul Is Fading. 
 I Fall But Keep Falling Alone.
 Just To Keep Holding On.

 I Keep Sliding Down.
 Just So Many Demons Around.
 My Light Is Running Out.
 As I Stand On Top Of The River Of Doubt.

 I Know I Just Keep Looking In Destiny's Scope.
 I See Myself Hanging On The Bottomless Slope.
 But I'm Running Out Of Rope.
 I Just Keep Crying In Front Of The Mirror Of Hope."

 
 

© 2019 Jason Shadows


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The picture you chose is beautiful for this word description you presented to us as your readers. It's very fitting and cutting edge raw. "As I stand on the river of doubt..." Makes you think on yourself a lot, which I guess is the main point of this discussion you put in the poem. "I keep sliding down, so many demons around.." Too true, aren't we all battling those inner demons and winning some then losing some in a bundle? All we gotta do is just hang in there strong!

Posted 12 Years Ago


What great talent you have, Jason. Your creativity shines through in every line. Good work!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow. That's amazing writing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I loved the lines "Hunted by the monsters of my past." and "I just keep crying in front of the mirror of hope." I thought those lines had really strong images and were very powerful. This is a great poem! I loved it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very beautiful. To cry in front of the mirror of hope. That's something we all manage to do, isn't it? This poem is amazing. The descending stairwell of emotions. To be reminded that at the end of everything, hope is faced. Or even worse, it is reflected. To be shown what hope could've been.

Wow. Amazing.


Posted 13 Years Ago


So emotional, very sad, but still the use of the word "Hope" brings a light, though dim and kind of unknown to the reader, still makes it stand on the line of "depressing" and passionate. Very beautiful.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I really like this, how it shows the struggle, yet there seems to be some light in it. It has an equal balance of both, and the ending wrapped it up very nicely. It has greta emotion as well. thank you for writing and sharing this!

Posted 13 Years Ago


really nice. it has that depth and emotion that make it above average. it is pretty dark too. i love that

Posted 13 Years Ago


intense and thought provoking! this confirms my theory that many of the greatest poems are those centered around the darkness of our lives. your very deep and emotional in your writing. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


great poem. The last line "I Just Keep Crying In Front Of The Mirror Of Hope." will always be ringing in my mind....

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1938 Views
49 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 7 Libraries
Added on August 27, 2010
Last Updated on February 2, 2019

Author

Jason Shadows
Jason Shadows

I'm your shadow within the light., NC



About
"Welcome to a world of light and shadow. In my apocalyptic paradise there are creatures and ghosts of the past and lost trying to remember what was that can never be again within ruins. So grab you.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Echoes of You Echoes of You

A Poem by Relic


Our Cloud Our Cloud

A Poem by Tasha