Mirror Of Hope

Mirror Of Hope

A Poem by Jason Shadows
"

Look Away From Within.

"
"Held By The Angels Above As Their Tears Shine For Me.
 Creeping Darkness Pulls Me Down Far As I Can See.
 Hunted By The Monsters Of My Past.
 Swinging Wildly To Force Them Into Ash.
 
 Burning Scars Ignite On My Heart.
 Buried In The Sands Of Time Just Lost Apart.

 It Hurts So Much Just As It Would Be As Such.
 Walking With Heaven's Lantern.
 Torn By Hell's Twisted Pattern.
 Shadows Turning Away As I Sway. 

 My Memories Are Silently Waiting.
 My Own Soul Is Fading. 
 I Fall But Keep Falling Alone.
 Just To Keep Holding On.

 I Keep Sliding Down.
 Just So Many Demons Around.
 My Light Is Running Out.
 As I Stand On Top Of The River Of Doubt.

 I Know I Just Keep Looking In Destiny's Scope.
 I See Myself Hanging On The Bottomless Slope.
 But I'm Running Out Of Rope.
 I Just Keep Crying In Front Of The Mirror Of Hope."

 
 

© 2019 Jason Shadows


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the idea of this, battling your inner demons and the eternal fight between light and dark. However, I don't think it flows as well as it could and in places the rhymes seem a little forced. The last two stanzas are moving in the right direction. you clearly think deeply and sometimes words that mean a great deal to you don't always mean the same to others but poetry is very personal and as long as you're happy with it, it matters not a jot what I think :-)

Posted 12 Years Ago


hmmm... you keep improving.... internal rhyme can make a verse seem out of place or read weirdly//try not to rhyme exept everyother line or not at all...your choice of words would be much more accepted and the overall smoothness of the piece would out...yes I like the questions Chris asked you as well..he is a good teacher..I know..he has taught me much...

Posted 12 Years Ago


That 'fall' is very well expressed. I know it well. Yes, I wonder if hope is all its cracked up to be!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Many views, many comments...
What were your thoughts as you scribed this... did it meet YOUR expectations, as you read it aloud - over and over - did the timing and flow mesh or stumble... and in the end does it SAY what you wanted to be heard?

Chris

Posted 12 Years Ago


Excellent. Another great writ. This piece has a lot of thought provoking and deep lines.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Walking with heavens' lantern torn by hellsl twisted pattern...great use of words and a powerful read...really got lost in the poem. Lovely!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I do not see how you could ever want to stop writing. Your writing is so enticing. It draws you in and even when the end comes it leaves you longing for more. This is a truly grand piece. You have been given the gift of a true poet/storyteller from the days of ol....

Posted 12 Years Ago


Title and sentiments give the reader that inevitable spark, that ember instigating hope in a dark reality of strife and turmoil. Excellent expression of the very real inner war between darkness and Light. Well done, Poet.

Posted 12 Years Ago


That last line is so strong and so sad. Beautiful poem.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1938 Views
49 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 7 Libraries
Added on August 27, 2010
Last Updated on February 2, 2019

Author

Jason Shadows
Jason Shadows

I'm your shadow within the light., NC



About
"Welcome to a world of light and shadow. In my apocalyptic paradise there are creatures and ghosts of the past and lost trying to remember what was that can never be again within ruins. So grab you.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Echoes of You Echoes of You

A Poem by Relic


Our Cloud Our Cloud

A Poem by Tasha