Accept.

Accept.

A Chapter by XinHyun
"

the middle

"
        After school, Kai came home and sighed. He set his bag next to the black sofa and headed for the Kitchen. At least he had his half-brother. "I'm home Leo." Leo came over every other week and it was the only time Kai was safer from his mom. Leo took care of Kai and always looked after him. He was the dad Kai missed dearly and the mother he wished he could have one more time. Leo poked his head from the kitchen and smiled. He said, "How was school?" Kai smelt something delicious from the kitchen. He walked in and sat in the chair next to the window. "It was alright, some girls got into a fight though." Kai looked out the window through the blinds. Leo headed over to the table with the food, "Oh? Over what?" Leo set the hot bowl in the middle of the small square table as Kai got up, "Me. One of the girls said I was being a meanie to her and said we were together first , and the other tried to say she was more special than her." Kai took two bowls from the cabinets and set one in front of Leo and himself.
Leo sighed and chuckled, "Kai you're in second grade, stop being such a heart breaker." Kai looked up from his food that he had poured from the bowl. With a straight face he said, "Well I don't need them anyway."
        After Kai graduated second grade they had moved. Leo was still in his life and the only family he had. Mom stopped smoking after being confronted by both her sons and she had acquired a new boyfriend a few weeks later. Within that year she had gotten married with that man. Kai was the ring barer. He didn't particularly care who the new dad was. He had no objections as to calling that man his father. Kai was at least a little grateful for the man's presence, the man stopped Kai's mom on more than one occasion from beating Kai down.
        When they arrived at the new home, Kai didn't know what to expect. He missed his friends from the apartments, but he started forgetting his feelings towards them but he never forgot their friendship. Kai wanted to start fresh, and see if he can be more friendly this time. He went over to his neighbors' house, and found that two home-schooled boys lived there. They were a little older than him but that didn't stop him. He was trying his hardest to be the best friend. He visited them almost every day and was always smiling. But eventually they started ignoring Kai and they gave him excuses not to see him. Kai felt sad but thought it was his fault for always bothering them. A few days passed and Kai met up with a girl named Taylor. She was also a little older than Kai. They spent time together for a week or two and got along together. But once again, Kai started to be ignored. He gave up and focused on school instead.
        After a few months, Kai entered third grade. The kids were already fixed into their little "cliques" so he tried to create a new friend. He finally met Matt. He was really nice and was always next to Kai. They were becoming really good friends until Matt introduced Alan to Kai. At first Kai tried to be friendly with Alan, but past memories were haunting him. He didn't want to lose Matt, not after just finding him. Everyone else hated Kai. They made fun of him for his weight and the way he acted. Especially because he was Asian-American. They mocked his eyes and the shape of his head. Matt was the only one nice to Kai. Alan and Kai were natural enemies during third grade, always trying to out best each other. They hated each other and always tried to make Matt their own.
       The year passed, Kai was still beaten at home. It was becoming regular to him so he pushed it aside as nothing. He didn't know he was being abused. He thought it was natural for his mom to hit him if he did something unsightly in front of her. Fourth grade came and Kai was looking for a new friend. Matt had been placed in a different home room class than him. He looked around and was in panic. So far, everyone who had entered the class was someone who hated Kai. Then, Alan walked through the door with another friend. Kai ran towards him and yelled his name, "Alan! I'm so glad you're here!" Alan looked puzzled but understood his circumstances after looking around the room. He introduced Kai to Max. The three became great friends and Kai was happy. At least that's what he thought he felt.


© 2012 XinHyun


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

uh oh.... trouble coming :)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

209 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 6, 2012
Last Updated on February 6, 2012
Tags: life


Author

XinHyun
XinHyun

here, IN



About
I'll always just be me. Not outstanding, not insignificant, but me. I'm happy with that. more..

Writing
Thoughts. Thoughts.

A Poem by XinHyun


Waiting... Waiting...

A Poem by XinHyun