Mine.

Mine.

A Chapter by XinHyun
"

middle.

"
       Third grade was something great for Kai, everything seemed to finally be normal for him. It passed with good friends but he was still a tiny bit of a trouble maker. He became more quiet as the year went by, only acting out when he was with Alan or Max. Time went by and Kai passed through third and fourth grade without much hardship.
       In fifth grade Kai got mixed in with a strange crowd. He got to bump into Matt once again and had some classes with him. They were both caught up in the crowd that did most of the bad things in school. Kai didn't really get involved but just wanted people to talk to in class. Matt on the other hand began to become more involved with them. Matt and Kai started growing apart, and Kai didn't really mind, he had Alan.
      The year passed and Kai was now engrossed with his books instead of friends. He became quiet, he self-taught himself how to sketch. He made new acquaintances this way. In sixth-grade Kai was still the same way and he found friends who shared the same interests as him. Anime and manga. They were very interesting. They weren't "bad" people but they were very outgoing people. This made Kai confused, they were so much like Kai but at the same time, they were so very different. He saw his old self in them.
       The person who caught his attention the most and vice-verse, was Brendon. Brendon was the most outgoing of them all, and he attracted people like no other. He wasn't popular but people loved him. Kai was attracted to him in a way he didn't know. He was very confused. Throughout the year Brendon and Kai became inseparable, and this made some people jealous and angry with Kai. Even so, Brendon protected Kai and never let anyone dare to touch him. Kai was so confused about this, he loved the attention, but he didn't know how to react to it. He started to abuse this attention, thinking he was the most important person to Brendon. Which was true but also wrong. Brendon cared about all his friends but showed Kai special treatment. At the end of the year, Brendon confessed that he liked Kai. Kai blinked and was speechless. "Is that what I've been feeling? Maybe?" He thought about this and accepted Brendon's feelings.
        During the summer Brendon always came over, spent the night, and they both made love every now and then. They couldn't get enough of each other. Then after Kai told Brendon that their relationship had to be kept a secret from his parents. Brendon didn't understand this but reassured Kai that he'd be there when they told his parents. Kai denied it and was too afraid to tell his parents at all. So Brendon started to fade away from Kai's life. Kai began to sink into depression and started becoming enemies with Brendon. It was a love hate relationship. Then Kai wanted answers one random day, "Why? Do you even care about me anymore?" Brendon had just left from spending the night.
       "It's not that Kai. . .I still care about you. . .but as a friend. I love my new girlfriend now. . . I'm sorry." Kai sighed and cried that night but held it together. He pushed it aside eventually and shrugged. He smiled once again and continued on without acknowledging the sadness he kept within. He had friends. He was still beaten at home, but not as much anymore. He was okay. . .
       Alan almost left Kai one year because of the outrageous stamina he had. But before Kai lost another friend for being himself, Alan fell ill. . .
       Kai was home on the computer when he got a call from Alan's mother. "Hello, Kai? This is Amy." He nodded and smiled, "Hi, what's up?" Kai was on facebook and he clicked from link to link. There was a small silence over the phone and Kai had to check if she was still there. "Hello? Amy?"
      
       "Oh Kai. . .Alan has cancer."

       There was complete silence on both sides. Kai tuned out the shopping channel that his mom was watching and the computer screen became blurry. "What?"
       "We drove Alan to the hospital and we found out he had leukemia and. . .well, I felt you should know." This was information Kai didn't want. Alan stayed with him throughout the years. As a true friend. Kai's heart was racing and his voice was trembling, "Is. . .Is he okay?" His mind was racing with all sorts of responses Amy could give him. "Yes, he's fine. But so many things are going to be changing because of this, please support Alan no matter what." Kai almost yelled through the phone, "OF COURSE I WILL!"


© 2012 XinHyun


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
Added on February 8, 2012
Last Updated on February 8, 2012


Author

XinHyun
XinHyun

here, IN



About
I'll always just be me. Not outstanding, not insignificant, but me. I'm happy with that. more..

Writing
Thoughts. Thoughts.

A Poem by XinHyun


Waiting... Waiting...

A Poem by XinHyun