Voilador

Voilador

A Chapter by JimmyS

The towering monstrosity had now moved on, its freakish echoes had now, thankfully, all but faded away. The child was in a state of severe shock. Even the most well-developed of minds would struggle within great disparity to comprehend what she had just witnessed. How can such things possibly exist? What was its purpose within this place? The thought quickly entered her mind of following the monstrosity in the hope that it would lead her to some kind, any kind of safety. After wiping the tears from her sore eyes she stood up and cautiously proceeded with her investigation of the dimly lit passage. Identical Cell after identical cell filled her peripheral vision as she forced herself onwards, each posing as a constant reminder, with brute force, rushing to the very front of her mind of her encounter with Slug and, even more so, his sick, lust fuelled plot. Though she didn't quite understand his motives, her fragile mind knew whatever it was that he had in mind for her, it involved a grave amount of danger.

Something to the child's left caught her eye. A cell, this one however seemed different. The walls were brightly lit; the soft flickering of candlelight ominously illuminated a small crack in the cell wall just to the right of a familiar looking steel door. This was a welcoming sight, somewhere warm, away from the grip of the suffocating atmosphere and its eternal darkness. Giddily peeking through the small crack in the wall she could see that this particular cell was neatly furnished. A sudden, in suppressible burst of joy came over the child; the ensuing rush gave way to a enlightening, youthful, bright smile. Finally, she had found somewhere safe. Somewhere to rest, to eventually wait out this nightmare…In solitude. Without a single moment of hesitation she he quickly went about opening the large steel door, using a vast amount of strength to get the towering obstacle to budge she managed to partly open it. Rushing joyfully into the warm room she slammed the door behind her with a strong sweep. The feeling of dread that had completely engulfed her entire being back in the corridor had almost instantaneously faded away, now replaced by a much for feasible emotion, one she hadn't felt in a while, happiness. She took a few minutes to bask in the beautifully contrasting environment she had entered. A wooden bed was neatly made, resting in the corner of the room, complemented by a equally beautifully crafted, solid, heavy looking wooden dresser. A lantern had been carefully placed atop of a small cabinet next to her, this was obviously the source of the welcoming light that had pierced excitingly through the crack in the stone wall. Deciding to sit down on the bed for a few moments she was hit by a sudden feeling of complete exhaustion. Today's terrific events had obviously taken their fair share out of her willowing strength. This cell was however safe, it was brightly lit; the bed was warm and cosy. What better place was there to sleep? Somewhat clumsily, due to her lack of energy she climbed under the large knitted blanket and gently placed her head between the two warm pillows, almost instantly, falling into a deep well deserved slumber.

Don't, it’s so pretty. I want it. No...Break it. Let me see it bend!
The girl opened her eyes, dazed and disorientated, only to see that the room was somewhat darker, not completely dark though. The oil in the lantern atop the small cabinet must have almost depleted. After rubbing her eyes in the kind of cute way that, only children can rub their eyes, she sat up in the warm, cosy, bed. The imprinted memories of what had happened before were slowly coming back to her, and her tired mind was struggling to comprehend, let alone process it all at once. She gazed over at the dresser towering above her and wondered who it must have once belonged to. Perhaps this was not always a prison, perhaps this was once a grand hotel, and that this room was the grandest of them all. It was a peculiar but welcoming though for her, anything was better than letting those memories fester away, gnawing at her conscious any longer than they already had. Looking over at the giant door she realised just how safe it made her feel, and how much that feeling contrasted with the other steel door she had used to exit the first cell. It made her feel extremely happy, looking far too large to be opened by anything, she assumed opening it would require far too much energy to be worth the effort. Not quite taking into account the fact that she had previously opened it with relative ease. Still focused on the large door she noticed something out of place, the crack in the cell wall that had before, being brightly illuminated by the light emitted by the oil lantern seemed oddly dark. Why was the light from the passage not breaking through it? She realised shortly after that she could not in fact see the crack in the stone at all. Something must be blocking the light. With curiosity sinking in deeper and deeper, she stepped out of the bed and onto the cold cobblestone floor, this served as a sudden and harsh reminder of where she actually was. Reaching for the lantern she found that, oddly enough, it had plenty of oil, but for some unexplainable reason, the light was much dimmer than before. Letting out a brief,  happy giggle she noticed that the lantern was simply turned down, and quickly adjusted the small knob until the lantern was once again, the beacon of warmth it once was.

She turned back to the cosy bed with a smile on her face, only to be greeted with the paralyzing sight of the drooling, sickly, monstrosity she had previously encounter in the corridor, and had in turn attempted to wipe from her memory. It stood hunched over the wooden bed with its frail, contorted arms outstretched. The girl started to scream ferociously, her entire being had frozen, she couldn't move a single muscle in her body. Almost instantly reacting to the girls outburst, he beast's neck snapped to her position with freakish speed, letting out a gut wrenching crack as it did so. Drool started to pulsate from it fur coated mouth, its breathing quickly began to raise to an almost inhuman pace.
Back to bed little one...Back to bed! Yes, the bed! No Voilador, it is but a child...Kill it, take it,  break it, bend it. I want it Voilador!
The monstrous beast appeared to be trapped within some kind of moral dispute with itself, as though multiple creatures inhabited its twisted body. Realising the dire gravity of the situation and seeing the opportunity at hand the girl managed to regain control over her body and ran, full pace for the steel door. With a surprisingly powerful, adrenaline fuelled swing she threw it open, letting loose a tremendous metallic creak.
Voilador, the little one is escaping. It's ours now, not yours!
Suddenly,  it seemed as though the hideous creature had settled its personal differences in sport of one shared goal. Capturing the child, to have as its own twisted toy. Cells seemed to pass by in seconds; the child's small legs were moving as fast as they possibly could, she knew the only possible means of escaping the creatures grasp would be to run, and to not stop running until she had found yet another safe haven. Resisting the urge to look back, ahead she saw what appeared to be an end to the corridor, all the while hearing nothing but the heavily bloated grunting of the creature in her pursuit. There was a ladder at the end of the corridor, hopefully leading to anywhere away from this hell-hole. Her legs were quickly starting to grow tired and fatigue had also started to kick in. She began sobbing profusely as she pushed on, fighting the will to give up with a great deal of youthful dedication. The ladder was only a few more steps away. Leaping forth, she gripped tightly the third wooden step with her hands and began to quickly hoist herself up.
Break it Voilador!
Suddenly, the beast latched onto both of her legs with its powerful claws. The girl began to flail her legs around wildly, forcefully kicking away at anything she could. Luckily, with a squelching thump, she pierced one of its coal black eyes with one of her rather fragile toes. A deafening female shriek filled her ears completely as the beast released her legs, holding its deformed head in agony. She climbed the rest of the steps with great haste, hoping the monstrosity would not catch up to her. And, thankfully, it didn't. A mouldy, wooden, trap door covered the top of the ladder. She quickly and achingly pressed hard against the door, flipping it open.



© 2014 JimmyS


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
Added on October 28, 2014
Last Updated on October 28, 2014
Tags: horror, thriller, child abuse, morals, creepy, Halloween, death, dark, adventure


Author

JimmyS
JimmyS

Barnsley, United Kingdom



About
I have been writing for a few years now in my spare time. In writing, I tend to enjoy the thought of creating worlds where the terrible and taboo can become a reality. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by JimmyS


Sleep Tight Sleep Tight

A Chapter by JimmyS


Revelations Revelations

A Chapter by JimmyS