Stitches

Stitches

A Chapter by JimmyS

The woodland surrounding them seemed to continue to infinity.. Verrad looked tired, innocently gazing up at him Kali could see large blobs of sweat periodically dripping from his brow. Perhaps his fight with the evil man had taken more of a toll on him than he was letting show. A narrow opening between the overgrowth came into just a few yards in front of them, finally, hopefully, a way out of this forest. Upon reaching the small parting a large farm could be seen, surrounded by a vast plot of patchwork fields. Each patch looked to be completely laden with row after row of tall ears of corn.

See, dusk may be upon us, but we have shelter! Verrad spouted with great deal of pride in his voice, looking down at Kali, almost as though he was expecting her to believe they didn't find this place at random. Kali simply smiled and ran for the barn with a joyful gallop in her steps.

Slow down, wait for me little one. Verrad's voice held an almost father-like tone.

 

A rickety old barn stood before Kali. The cute sound of goats bleeding reverberated from within its mouldy walls. The quant looking farmhouse rested to its left. The large fields surrounding them, and the darkness that now rested upon them made it almost impossible to see anything further out. Kali giggled as Verrad stood on his toes in an attempt to look over the corn, almost falling back onto his bottom in the process.

Come, let's rest. We have a lot of travelling tomorrow Kali. And I refuse to sleep in a barn. The house will do.

The door to the farmhouse was oddly unlocked.

Well, this is fortunate; somebody must be on our side. He gleefully bellowed as he always does while they entered into what looked to be the kitchen. The smell of mould hung heavily in the air and cobwebs covered almost every corner of the small room. A few pots were piled sporadically in multiple piles atop t heavy looking stove. A small pantry door stood to the left of the door they entered through.

You’re hungry eh? Let me see if I can't cook you up a warn meal.

Verrad went to open the pantry door...it was locked.

Damn, who locks a pantry? Unless their radishes have legs, they aren't going to migrate.

Kali found Verrad's joke extremely humorous, almost bringing herself to tears  with outburst after outburst youthful laughter . Verrad on the other hand seemed shocked at the fact somebody found his quips to be funny.

Kali, wait here for me, I will go locate the key, it must be here somewhere. Verrad said before exiting the room.

 

Minutes passed without a sound from Verrad. Kali was starting to worry. Peering out of the dust covered window next to the stove, she saw only darkness, there wasn't a single source of light out there. She could hear sound of the wind battering the corn out in the fields. Looking up through the glass at the sky she could see a storm brewing. Lighting danced joyfully from cloud to cloud, without a single sign of the usually accustomed follow up of thunder.

Let's eat! Kali fell to the ground as Verrad wandered back into the kitchen, giving her an almighty fright. He was clutching a small silver key in his right hand, this was presumably the key to the pantry. Kali stood behind him as he inserted the key into the lock. The key worked fine, releasing the lock, and on its own accord the short wooden door sprang open on its own. Peering in, Verrad noticed a set of stone steps leading down to what must be the basement. The room also appeared to be dimly lit with a wonderful orange light.

We are in luck, may be some wine down there for me too. Verrad said as he hastily hopped down the steps, while lovingly holding Kali's hand, like some kind of hard worn rabbit.

Vintage, I'm sure it's all nonsense to you Kali but trust me, a good wine makes all the...Verrad chocked, his words retreated back into the depths off his throat at the sight in front of them. A large, barely lit stone room. Dozens of tables were placed symmetrically in short lines throughout the room. Heavy-looking sewing machines were placed on every table, emitting a constant rhythm of metallic clangs. At the controls of each machine stood a thin , ink-black being. Their body's looked to be extremely frail and bony. Their heads on the other hand, were bulbously grotesque mounds of sticky-looking flesh. They had no visible eyes, only dark, wet, holes that went back into their skulls. Kali gripped Verrad’s hand tightly, only exacerbating the situation for him. The beings at the sewing machines did not appear to be aware of the presence of neither Kali nor Verrad. Only continuing to sow at a freakishly rapid, intricate rate.

What kind of beasts are these! Verrad yelled. He partly expected for this outburst to get their attention, yet they remained completely focused on their work. Holding Kali by her shoulder he entered the room. Something in the far right corner of the room caught Verrad's eye, a collection of some kind of fur thrown on the ground. Reaching down to investigate the strange mounds it struck him what he was actually about to touch. They were by all perceivable clues, the severed torsos of goats. Dozens of them, each having had their heads cut from their necks. Kali looked up at Verrad and started to erratically tug on his arm, shaking her head furiously, as though she knew something about this sick place that she wished to tell him.

What is it Kali? I cannot comprehend this. It is too much for me, what is it? Verrad was obviously highly agitated and understandably confused.

Let's go...Whatever this place is, we need to leave...Now. Kali nodded thankfully. Still holding onto Kali, Verrad turned around and headed back to the steps that lead back up to the kitchen. As they were rushing back across the room, suddenly one of the black creatures looked up at Kali, its movements were almost robotic. Kali froze in place.

Kali...Come on now! Verrad yelled, just as he met the creatures peerless gaze. Looking down he saw that the eyeless husk had two large chains around both of its legs. It was at that moment that a wincing shiver crawled all the way his spine. They weren't here through their own free will, they were slaves here.

Let us leave this place. As they were making their way back up the stone steps that lead to the kitchen, Kali felt something menacing, something piercing her very mind. Verrad stopped, dead in his tracks.

Listen to me, do not turn around...Do not look back Kali, you hear me?

Stood there in the darkness of the staircase, though she really was trying to ignore the feeling, the tension was just too much and she quickly spun around only to be greeted by the shiver inducing sight of one of the black husks, stood motionless in place just before the bottom step, staring up at the two of them.

Move, we need to leave now Kali! Verrad pulled her by the hand up the final few steps and threw her, through the door into the kitchen, slamming the door behind him, making sure to lock it behind him using the silver key. Outside rain was thrashing against the window with immense force. The storm had arrived. Wasting no time, Verrad picked Kali up by her waist and held her to his front. He ran for the door. His strength was inspiring to Kali, whilst opening the door, he held her against his broad chest tightly, with just one hand. Even with everything that was happening, this felt strangely comforting to her.

 

 The barn was barely visible outside. The rain had turned to hail, Kali could see that the flesh on Verrad's shoulders was starting to bleed as the hail lashed it relentlessly. Though the storm impaired Verrad’s vision, he remained unbeaten. Hoping to find the clearing to the forest he started to run, thick blobs of dirt began to splash madly up at Kali's face from Verrad's thundering steps. The barn door behind Verrad smashed open, sending large shards of wood splintering in every direction. Verrad spun around nervously, gripping Kali against his chest tightly. A heavy throated grunting came from within the storm lashed barn.

Violador, a new toy! 



© 2014 JimmyS


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

94 Views
Added on October 28, 2014
Last Updated on October 28, 2014
Tags: horror, thriller, child abuse, morals, creepy, Halloween, death, dark, adventure


Author

JimmyS
JimmyS

Barnsley, United Kingdom



About
I have been writing for a few years now in my spare time. In writing, I tend to enjoy the thought of creating worlds where the terrible and taboo can become a reality. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by JimmyS


Sleep Tight Sleep Tight

A Chapter by JimmyS


Revelations Revelations

A Chapter by JimmyS