Detriment

Detriment

A Chapter by JimmyS

Thunder boomed painfully above them. The towering beast started to stride powerfully towards Verrad, leaving deep imprints in the wet dirt below its slender legs.

Get back fiend! Back with you! Verrad yelled in desperation. The Violador continued to approach Verrad at an increased pace, its fragile legs cracking abnormally with each of its contorted movements.

The child, she is his! You wish to go against his all-powerful will? So be it!" This Violador spoke with a great deal more intelligence than the one Kali had previously encountered down in the cells. Clinging tightly to his chest, Kali raised her head to Verrad, wondering if had he met this monstrosity before? The beast stopped, standing toe to toe with Verrad, standing at least three feet taller than him. Without warning the monster slammed  it's right hand forward, tightly grasping hold of Verrad’s weather-beaten neck, forcefully lifting both him and Kali up of the ground with an immense display of strength.

Your father will be most pleased with your return. The Violador said in an eerily soft tone. While holding Verrad's neck with one hand the beast smacked Kali to the side. The child's body slammed into rain soaked dirt with a ragdoll-like thud.

Come, return home! The creature spouted in Kali's direction. It's grip around Verrad's neck constricted even more. Verrad flailed his arms around wildly, trying with all of his might to grasp hold of the monster before him, but, as his face began to turn into a reddish gradient of pain, Verrad exhaled his last, bloated breath. His body became limp, and the beast effortlessly tossed him to the side. The Violador's head snapped, inhumanly into Kali's direction.

 

 A sudden phosphorus-like white flash engulfed the scene. For a brief moment the very air turned into a pure white haze of unimaginable intensity. The Violador screamed in agony. As the light faded Kali saw that the beast had been injured. The remnants of what must have been a bolt of lightning surrounded the creature. Thick grey plumes of smoke began to rise from a ash-black circle of glassed dirt beneath the Violador. Kali winced as the Violador stood before her, holding its Horned head with both hands. Thick black blood began to gush out from within the dark sockets where its eyes once were. The atrocity started to stumble heavily.

How...The jester, betrayed you! You told the witch that you would hand her over. I...Violador, I shall not fall by your hand. Its words were slurred greatly.

Kali. It was Verrad. Kali turned to her right, to see Verrad mightily hoisting himself to his feet. He began limp towards the beast. The Violador, dazed and bleeding heavily, turned towards the hobbling man. Verrad, once again stood before the Violador.

I...Killed you once, you are a mere man, where is...No man and his moral fuelled weakness can match me...Violador will kill again and again. The beast bleated.

Verrad abruptly grasped hold of its shoulders and pushed the creatures massive body towards the blood soaked ground beneath it. Verrad began to beat the Violadors head with both of his fists. Black blood began to burst out from its face, as the infuriated man on top of it smashed his hulkish fists deeper and deeper into its skull.

You think I am a f*****g man? I will do anything to protect this child...Anything! Verrad bellowed heartily as his hands settled into the mud beside the crushed, mangled head of the obliterated Violador below him.

 

Come Kali, we must go! Kali was in a complete state of shock, ominously gazing up at the Violador in a trance-like state. Verrad hoisted himself up and held Kali by her small head. She looked up at him eerily with tears in her sore eyes. Verrad gripped hold of her dainty hands and started to drag the unwilling child towards the corn fields. The storm made it almost impossible for him to see what he was heading for. Still dragging Kali, crying uncontrollably behind him, Verrad began to wade through the dense fields of corn. dazzling bolts of lightning began to strike the field, promptly setting ablaze the crops surrounding him. A wide ring of fire began to block them in.

S**t, not like this, leave us be...Please! Verrad screamed with a large amounts of anxiety and exhaustion in his words. all of a sudden, the sounds off stampeding feet came from every direction, closing in on Verrad and Kali hurriedly. Verrad knelt down to Kali, and started to shake her by the shoulders ferociously.

Kali, Kali! You need to awaken. Please Kali, I love... Verrad stopped his sentence midway as a sudden irrepressible rush of tears came flooding down his dirt covered face. The man fell to his knees, and began to shout.

She belongs here. She is min...She always has been. Please don't take her away from me again.

He began to breathe heavily, almost as though he had begun to hyperventilate, all the while sobbing intensely into Kali's hair. The footsteps started to draw nearer, hundreds of feet all inbound to their location. The flames from the burning crops were spreading at a brisk velocity, Verrad looked up with tear blurred vision to see tens of creatures neighbouring in on him. They were the same stick-like demons they had encountered in the farm dwelling.

 

 Verrad tiredly rouse to his feet and turned full circle. The Black creatures appeared to be stationary in their positions. It was unnerving to Verrad, that even though they had no eyes, he could feel their sight fixed on his body's every movement.

I will not let you do this. I will not let you take my daughter from me! Verrad's tone shook the beasts, sending a noticeable tremor down each of their jagged spines. swiftly, in faultless synchronicity, the creatures started to sprint for Verrad, with hastened speed.

So be it! Verrad said in a much calmer manner than before. As the first creature approached Verrad, he swung his right arm forward, forcing his fist into its mouth, crushing it's jaw inwards with a nauseating crunch, He pulled out his enveloped fist and threw the creature to his side. He swiftly spun around and seized the second black being. With its thin, black arms reaching for Verrad's face, with one enormous heave, the man ripped both of the enraged creatures outreached limbs from their sockets. Clotted black blood spewed from the wounds. Suddenly six of the creatures came at Verrad from behind. He tried to turn around, but it was to no benefit. The black beings began to clutch onto his limbs like hundreds of piranhas readying to devour their prey. After only seconds. Verrad's body could no longer be seen, he was now enveloped wholly by the swarm of creatures around him. Several terrible cracks were suddenly heard. All but two of the black beings speedily fled from Verrad's position. The two husks that were holding onto Verrad's arms spines began to tear open, sending slithers of dark, slick flesh soaring into the smoke filled air. Black, blood soaked, almost bat-like wings sprouted from within the holes in their backs, spanning almost twice the width of the creatures body's. With sharp, potent movements the two beasts began to lift Verrad high into to air. Revealing that his body was covered in deep wounds. Blood was dripping from his battered wrists. They held him there, motionless, with his arms extended to his sides. He started to cough painfully, as blood flew from his swollen mouth

K...Kali, awaken. Plea...Please my darling.

unexpectedly, Kali, knelt down on the ground below them and looked up, her pupils were black as coal and the white surrounding them was almost entirely bloodshot. She clambered to her feet in an almost distorted motion. She began to smile. This smile was like nothing Verrad had ever witnessed before. There was something evil, something terror inducing about her grin. Kali opened her mouth wide and took in a tremendously deep breath. She began to scream, its pitch of such an immensity that the black husks started to convulse. One by one their bulging heads began split open, sending thick, spongy matter and blood in every possible direction. The winged beings suffered from the same violent fate. They released Verrad, sending him into a free fall. He hit the ground tremendously hard.

 

 With blood covering every inch of the filth surrounding her, Kali, looked up to the storm ridden sky. With the same menacing smile on her face and the same cold, dead look in her eyes, she spoke.

I love you too.

 



© 2014 JimmyS


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

86 Views
Added on October 28, 2014
Last Updated on October 28, 2014
Tags: horror, thriller, child abuse, morals, creepy, Halloween, death, dark, adventure


Author

JimmyS
JimmyS

Barnsley, United Kingdom



About
I have been writing for a few years now in my spare time. In writing, I tend to enjoy the thought of creating worlds where the terrible and taboo can become a reality. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by JimmyS


Sleep Tight Sleep Tight

A Chapter by JimmyS


Revelations Revelations

A Chapter by JimmyS