First Meeting [August 29th]

First Meeting [August 29th]

A Chapter by Joseh

August 29 2009


Amanda looked at the reflection that was being thrown back at her from the unusually calm waters of the ocean. Sitting on the wharf watching the sun slowly bury itself in the earth, she pushed a stray strand of her dark blonde hair out of her light blue eyes. Summer vacation was almost over, and it was almost time to go back to school. It’s not that she hated school; she just didn’t like the people she was forced to call classmates. She had a few friends that she loved, but other than that no one really interested her in this town.


She heard one of the planks of wood creak and craned her neck to see who it could be. It wasn’t Jessica or Cassandra, and it wasn’t her worried father. No, it was definitely not her worried father. In wasn’t even someone she knew, which was weird because everyone around here knew everyone else. It was a boy whom she guessed was a year or so older than herself, with black hair and pale skin. He definitely wasn’t from around here. She watched as he strode over to her with a hint of pride hidden behind his anxiety, and she had to look twice when she saw blue in his hair. The tips of his hair were dyed blue. He also wore a blue long sleeved shirt and black jeans, topped off with black chucks with blue laces. This guy must love that color because it looked like it was the only one he ever wore.


He stopped when he was a few paces away from her, and when he looked into her eyes she felt goose bumps cover her skin. His eyes were the same beautiful shade of blue as his hair.


‘Hey, I’m Alex.’ He said as he sat down next to her and pushed his hair away from his face.


‘Hi…Did you just move here?’


‘What makes you think I just moved here?’ He smirked at her, playfully teasing.

‘Uhm, well I’ve never seen you before…?’


‘Maybe you just never noticed me.’


Amanda gulped, feeling a little intimidated. ‘No, I’m sure I’ve never seen you before.’ The blue haired boy laughed, but she noticed that it sounded hollow.


‘You’re right, you haven’t. Today is the first day I’ve ever stepped foot in this place. I moved here with my best friend from…Actually that’s a secret, but we will be going to school in town.’ He smirked again, daring her to press for more information. She just nodded and continued staring at the water.


‘Isn’t the water beautiful?’ She half whispered to herself, trying to change the subject.


‘Yeah, it is.’ He answered honestly. If he could love, water would be the number one thing on his list.


‘Did they have beaches where you come from?’ She looked at him and the he almost smiled when she mentioned the beach.


‘You could say that.’ He got on his feet and stretched. ‘Well, it was nice meeting you, Girl-Without-A-Name, but I should get home. See you around.’


Before she could answer, he was already making his way to the sandy beach that stretched ahead, and she couldn’t help the feeling of unease that had crept into her bones. 



© 2010 Joseh


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
Added on February 12, 2010
Last Updated on February 24, 2010


Author

Joseh
Joseh

The city I'm in, creeper, Canada



About
I'm a 17 year old girl who draws and writes to express herself. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Joseh


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Joseh