Chapter Three and a Half

Chapter Three and a Half

A Chapter by Joseh

He held me as I cried for what seemed like hours, but what was only a couple of minutes. After I had calmed down and took a few deep breaths, I evaluated our embrace. My eyes might have been closed, but I could see it perfectly just from feeling his cheek lying on top of my brown hair, my face pressed against his neck, his arms wrapped around me, and my hands gripping his black tee-shirt. My back was no longer against the fence, since I was leaning into him. I took in a deep breath and sighed. I hadn’t been this close to him in so long, but it felt like I never left his side. He loosened his grip and examined my face. I looked down, feeling embarrassed. I must look so hot right now with my puffy eyes, red nose, and black trails running from my eyes. He took my face in his hands, running his thumb under my eyes like he’d done so many times before. “Sorry...” I mumbled, ashamed of my episode.


“You have nothing to be sorry about.” He mumbled back, letting his thumb make its way from my cheeks to my lips. “But I swear to you, I’ll change my ways this time.”


I took his hand in mine and moved it from my face. “I’ve heard that so many times...”


“I know, but I mean it this time.”


“What makes this time any different?”


“I grew up? I don’t know? But I don’t want this life anymore. I want to go to college and live my life like I’m supposed to live it: Clean and sober. I just can’t do it alone. Please, help me?” He pleaded, searching my eyes for an answer.


“What do you want me to tell you?”


“Tell me you’ll give me a reason to stay clean, tell me you’ll give me a reason to give it all up, tell me that you’ll be with me, in the end.”


“Fine, I’ll do it, but you have to clean up your act first. That means rehab.” His faced showed determination, but his eyes showed fear.


“Okay, I’ll go...” He held me close again, and I could almost feel him tremble. He had to let go of the only way he knew how to live and he was going to do it. He was going to do it for me.



© 2010 Joseh


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Quite an interesting story so far and how Jaime's past feelings make her forget all about who he was. It's easy to relate to how when a guy says he is going to change for you its so hard to resist.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

226 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 26, 2010
Last Updated on May 26, 2010


Author

Joseh
Joseh

The city I'm in, creeper, Canada



About
I'm a 17 year old girl who draws and writes to express herself. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Joseh


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Joseh