Classical Music

Classical Music

A Chapter by Solidad

Deenie flew in that weekend after hearing our usual bouts by phone. I waited in the terminal with Dulcey at hand. She was anxious to finally meet Aunt Deenie. Other wise known as the sweet voice on the other end of the phone.


“Hannah!” she ran toward me with open arms dropping all luggage.


We hugged.


My face was looking better but my lip still told on me.


“Oh…Hannah,” she swiped a thumb over my wounded lip as I pulled away.


“Aunt Deenie!” Dulcey hollered for attention.


“She recognizes your voice,” I smiled.


“Hi Sweetie,” she cooed, “Look at you. You’re getting so big!” Deenie picked her up and swung her around.


Dulcey laughed hysterically.


“I’ll get your things.”


“Nonsense,” she put Dulcey down.


You didn’t want to be apart of the welcoming committee as you called it, when my sister came into town. To be quite frank you didn’t want her here to begin with. So you sat at home shooting up Meth and praising your idols as if they could save you from the hell you created for yourself.


“Hello?” you answered the phone your usual and dry self.


“Hello? Is Hannah there?” the voice struck you as odd.


“No, who is this?” you snapped.


“Um, can you just tell her that Leo called?”


“Sure,” you hung up the phone, “Leo huh?” You spoke to yourself.


It wasn’t long before I was home and you had allowed things time to simmer.


You waited for me in your chair, until I got home. In the dark, how appropriate, your music playing in the back round, Baroque.

Deenie rolled a suit case into the house and Dulcey ran to her room. The place was cleaner than usual but nothing special.


“Gee, Han,” Deenie placed her hands on her hips, “Place sure looks vibrant.”


“Thanks for the sarcasm Deenie,” I grabbed her bags and headed towards your piano foyer. There was a bed in there for the nights when you found your music more suitable than I.


“Who’s Leo?”


“Jesus Christ Eric! You scared the ever lovin’ s**t outta me,” I stopped with three suit cases in hand, “Now say that again?” I looked at you strangely.


“Who’s Leo?” you repeated slower.


“Dulcey’s best friend’s father why?”


“He called,” you seemed irritated by my nonchalant ness.


“Probably just to see if Dulcey was free for another play date.”


“Sounds more like he’s interested in you for a play date,” I wasn’t sure to laugh at your remark or spit in your face for the sarcasm.


“My god Eric, are you trying to start another fight with me?” I placed the bags down on the spare bed.


“What do you have all of those bags for?” you finally stood when you realized what I was doing.


“Happy to see you too A*****e,” Deenie smiled, “and for the next couple of days you’ll have to treat my sister like a human being while I’m here.”


“Ah f**k me,” you whined.


“For cryin’ out loud Eric it’s only a few days,” I placed my hands on my hips.


“When did he start cursing?” Deenie seemed slightly amused.


“There’s a lot of things you don’t know Deenie,” I tried to avoid that conversation altogether.


“We were fine before you got here,” you attacked my sister, “And what am I suppose to do when I wanna play?” you yelped like a pouting four year old.


“You can flip threw the classifieds and look for a damn job!” Deenie joined in the tantrum throwing.


“Would you both just get a life!” I was tired of the nonsense.


“Mommy I hungry,” Dulcey peaked into the room.


“C’mon baby,” I picked her up and twirled her around, “What’da ya say doll? Mac n’ Cheese?”


She smiled and nodded. I left you two to bicker over a piano, a bed, and some lousy classical music composed by none other than you.




© 2010 Solidad


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
r
HAHAHA!!!! That was SO funny! I love Deenie; she's great. Eric is a douchebag as usual. And I love how nonchalant and calm she was about Leo, but then again...well, yeah. I love it, and, as always, am reading onward to see and find out when Eric gives Hannah hell.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 30, 2010
Last Updated on January 30, 2010


Author

Solidad
Solidad

FL



About
"I own everything that has happened to me. I'll tell my stories and if people wanted me to write warmly about them; they should've behaved better." -Unknown more..

Writing
Abhorrent Abhorrent

A Poem by Solidad


Fridays Fridays

A Poem by Solidad


Lamictal Lamictal

A Poem by Solidad



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..