Chapter two: Hieronymus

Chapter two: Hieronymus

A Chapter by JulieNorell
"

Hieronymus's point of view! :P

"

Hieronymus

She was lovely. Strawberry blond ringlets, enchanting emerald eyes you could drown in, and her smile…Nearly broke my heart. How long had it been? 12 years? I’d been searching for her for 12 years! Now by chance I spot her in a dinner, giggling and sitting across the table from a boy I instantly envied. I entered the dinner and sat behind them, listening and waiting till the waitress left, and then I slid out of my chair and pulled my gun, hiding it under my coat sleeve. It was hard for me to put the gun to her back and hear her gasp, watch her curls quiver. But it was a necessity; he had to get her safe to a safe place before they found her. The boy seemed to be too brave for his own good. I’d had to fight the urge to bite his hand off. When I finally got her outside in the crowd. I could hardly stand no touching her. I settled for her hand. It was warm n my cold grasp. When she finally spoke her voice was soft and scared. No louder than a whisper. It drew me closer. I could sense her warm body, hear her heavy breathing and feel her soft shudder when my breath touched her skin. I sedated her so she wouldn’t know where she was going. She was finally in my arms. She was slim, light, and felt tiny in my arms. I brushed her lips softly with mine, and then I straightened up quickly and carried her to the van. If she saw where they were going all of the others would know. Once she has been in contact with one then all others can hear her mind. She’s like an open book, unique and priceless. Destined to ether save or destroy the world, and she is to be queen of the shadow world, and I, her king. We were made for each other. Like two halves of a whole and the only way to break that bond was death. If one dies, the other feels the pain. We feel the pain, happiness; all emotions are channeled to the other.

All of my life I have felt her pain. When we were both 5 I had felt the pain of loss and again 2 years later, a lesser pain but intense enough to bring me to my knees, but most of all she radiated pure joy, and love. My father had looked for her alone until I was 5 and could travel with him. Now at 19 I have found her.



© 2011 JulieNorell


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Another great chapter! I'm really wondering who the guy with the gun is!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Unless the scene has changed or something like a flashback is occurring, I wouldn't separate the characters. Still tell what you want through H's perspective, but keep the scene and them together... just a suggestion. Lots going on here, lots of characters and plots being unveiled....

Posted 13 Years Ago


HERE is where the emerald eyes is ok. Written through the eyes of a DIFFERENT sight. Very Bram Stoker. Not in style obviously, but chapters based on the reactions, or memories, of those who had them.
And the plot thickens

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 8, 2011
Last Updated on January 8, 2011



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Broken Broken

A Poem by OT


Monday In My Eye Monday In My Eye

A Poem by OT