BWHYB-Chpt 6 - Part I

BWHYB-Chpt 6 - Part I

A Chapter by JulieZee

The smell of bacon and eggs coerced Benjamin from his sleep. He opened his eyes to a tiny face staring at him with great intensity.

“He’s up! He’s up!” Samantha shouted in a sing song manner as she skipped around the small abode.

“Is that so?” Jeremiah asked. “Samantha, please let our guest know that breakfast is ready and invite him to join us at the table.”

Samantha shuffled over to Benjamin, her excitement replaced by fear tinged shyness. “Excuse me, sir. Breakfasts ready now. Come eat please.” She said with her head down and swing her foot back and forth in the sand.

Benjamin stood and stretched. Amy was far from his mind. He felt fresh and new for the first time in his life and he was determined to hold on to that feeling for as long as he could. He watched Samantha hop over to Jeremiah.

“I’m a jack rabbit.”

“You’re my little jack rabbit.” Jeremiah said and he kissed her gently on her crown.

“Do a magic trick.”

“Not right now. It’s time to eat.”

“Aw, please?” Bottom lip stuck out, eye lashes fluttering, just the cutest, saddest pout anyone could imagine. Jeremiah chuckled at her attempt to persuade him.

“Come on little one.” He said and with a gentle hand he directed her to the table. She sat down a little disappointed but soon brightened when her plate was placed in front of her. She snatched up her utensils and had a bite halfway in her mouth when she noticed Jeremiah’s disapproving look. Benjamin gingerly sat in an empty chair, not wanting to intrude. He feared his intrusion would end the charming display. His childhood was void of such tender moments and he was entranced.

Jeremiah bowed his head to pray. Samantha almost dropped her fork full of food trying to recover from her obvious gaff. She looked at Jeremiah intently studying his hands and tried to copy him.

“Thank you Lord for good company and good food. May the Lord God protect us and guide us in all we do. Is there anything you would like to add Benjamin?”

Benjamin was honored by the request and struggled for the right words. “May we lift our souls up to God so that he may wash us of our sin.”

“Samantha, how about you? Would you like to add anything?”

Samantha scrunched her face in deep thought. “Thank you God for my daddy and my new friend.”

There it was again. Daddy. The word pushed back the veil of innocence that blurred Benjamin’s judgment. He stared at Jeremiah with a million accusations in his eyes.  



© 2011 JulieZee


Author's Note

JulieZee
just the start of chapter six. More to come

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really do like this. Its almost ironic... for the ones who are working with God to steal a child. I can't wait for the second part. I especially liked "the word pushed back the veil of innocence that blurred Benjamin's judgment". It was an excellent touch.
.novelists.elite.info.
.display. Anita
.memberID. 043
.division. V
.division.leader. Vacant
.name. ----
.username. sodifferent
.novels.----
.status. New Member
.join date. 07-16-11

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

203 Views
1 Review
Added on July 28, 2011
Last Updated on July 30, 2011


Author

JulieZee
JulieZee

CA



About
I find the most interesting part about a person is the thoughts and feelings that go unsaid and unnoticed. So many people say they are straight forward and an open book. However, there are always thou.. more..

Writing
Nervous Nervous

A Poem by JulieZee