Emotions Echo

Emotions Echo

A Poem by KWP
"

an attempt at prose - I really have no idea what I am doing so if any of you know anything about this writing style - I would be happy to hear your thoughts :) XX

"



Eyes open wide awake, middle of the night 2:04am to be exact. Roused from sleep by the continual, unwilling to cease echo of emotions vibrating criss cross, cross criss through the mountain of thought daring me to come climb solo. No ropes, across rocky terrain, sheer cliff faces, crevasses calling out, up from deep within the void of the mountainous underbelly. Never being one to look a challenge in the face, turn and walk away, I start the climb. The thoughts, of you, always of you, flood my mind as I slip, fall into a rushing rapid of water the mountain placed in my way. You are drenching me, I am drowning. Push and fight with little reserve. Surface, gasp, swim away once more. The mountains are laughing, parroting the denial I refuse to face. The mountains know the secrets of echoing emotions, a lesson I attempt to learn. I stumble on, for we must always progress forward, even with the last exhale from our lungs, the last view, the last thought, the last vibration of shattered memory entrusted only to you.

© 2015 KWP


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Metaphor at its finest. Life, love... it's all pursued via rugged terrain. Magnificent visuals and your passion to overcome fear is heard. Awesome.

Posted 7 Years Ago


KWP

7 Years Ago

hello there - I do thank you for stopping by - "wheeee" - see how it makes me feel :D !!! cheers XX
Deuces

7 Years Ago

My pleasure, my friend. Your pen is still great.
Nice wording!
Well done!!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Wow this is brilliant writing , the imagery it so clear. I love the struggle in the water, being drenched as the mountains laugh Like they have this little secret you have yet to discover ! Love it girlie!!

Posted 9 Years Ago


quite a journey for an Aussie girl, i'm thinking its an inward trip and this writing style seems to suit you, you're more than a match for any mountains or rapids so though you may stumble i bet you reach the summit of yourself or the you :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Very nice write. Are you sure this is your first attempt at this style of writing? Valentine

Posted 9 Years Ago


KWP

9 Years Ago

To be honest - I don't even know what prose means - I am going to look it up right now XX
KWP

9 Years Ago

well - it's that simple - gawd - how daft I be :) XX
This is so beautifully written. It's hard to believe it is your first attempt at prose. The images you create are vivid and your words are powerful. Wonderful writing and a delight to read.

:) Julie

Posted 9 Years Ago


KWP

9 Years Ago

oh how to inspire a gal - thanks so much Julie - may even give it another attempt !
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
613
These words are so powerful. Now THIS is writing.

- Brittney

Posted 9 Years Ago


KWP

9 Years Ago

inspired I thank you lovely one XX
613

9 Years Ago

You're welcome! I look forward to reading more of your work in the future!
' The mountains are laughing, parroting the denial I refuse to face.' Such power in those words, made me gasp!

Night has its way of making one's spirit fly far further than perhaps it wants. Thought bashes and clashes with sleep until it comes to a sort of conclusion.. That takes so much effort, courage, maybe self.denial.

Your words are a little bewildering at times. In places they're deeply emotional yet tinged with physical extremes, then seem to reinvent themselves in layers which, I guess, create metaphors ripe for individual thoughts from the reader. ' .. as I slip, fall into a rushing rapid of water the mountain placed in my way. You are drenching me, I am drowning. '

Panic in poetry.. so finely written.

(Had to tidy parts of my review, was such a mess.. so sorry. )

Posted 9 Years Ago


KWP

9 Years Ago

Hey You - I want to thank you for spending your time on this one - it means more than you can know -.. read more
emmajoy

9 Years Ago

Believe me, you're a mere breath away!
in my sleep, i climb towards the poems...memories that awaken me at the edge of the cliff...and then i start writing and fall off. or jump.

Posted 9 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
B
What a very interesting piece
It takes me around and back again to the starting point

Lovely

Posted 9 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

515 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 24, 2015
Last Updated on April 24, 2015
Tags: NaPoWriMo #22

Author

KWP
KWP

Sydney, NSW, Australia



About
'The kernel, the soul — let us go further and say the substance, the bulk, the actual and valuable material of all human utterances — is plagiarism. For substantially all ideas are sec.. more..

Writing
Lisa & Kal Lisa & Kal

A Poem by KWP



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..