Chapter One: Cori

Chapter One: Cori

A Chapter by Indigomoon

                   The sky was turning orange I cursed under my breath running home. I could of swore it was earlier when I left the food drop zone. I looked around and slowly saw eyes poking from the woods and I started running faster. I slid down the hill to take the shortcut in the fields.

      I heard behind me low growls, my legs hurting from the three-mile hike; The food drop was not able to make it to the camp so everyone sent out the oldest child available from each home to get food.

        I was technically the oldest even though I have a twin sister name Claudia, she was born ten minutes after me. I had gone last month so I was hoping she would go. Claudia however helped in the infirmary, so I was not too mad when I was sent. She was taking care of a soldier who had been torn by the packs nearby and was treating his wounds and the curse of the Lycian.

        The wolves nearby howled as the sun began to set and I was still a mile out of camp. I heard cackles of the mages as if they were right behind me. I saw the lights and ran harder toward the camp begging that I made it; then I felt it a cold stab in my shoulder I looked at it some witch had frozen my right shoulder. I laughed to myself as it must have been a new one I kept going I was finally only a few feet outside the gate of the camp.

        “Open the gate!” I yelled as I stopped in front of the gate  it had a magic shield so no one without permission could enter. I leaned against the door feeling a small shock. “Open the gate!”

I turned and saw a tall witch in a red cloak looking at me “You are out late young one.” She raised her hand and I shut my eyes ready for impact.

                Then I heard it the sound of bullets; the gate open and I was pulled in by one of the guard’s. “Are you insane?! It is way past curfew!” I saw three guards shoot at the woman who had already fled. I smiled until I saw who had me it was Sargent Orion a werewolf that had pled allegiance to the humans when the war first started.

        I stood there as he growled at me “You must have a death wish Cori!” I frowned and handed him the box of food “Two months’ supply.” He sniffed it even though he was in his human form his smell was all wolf. “I see… I will take this to your folks, you should go get that shoulder checked out.” I nodded “Yes Sargent.”  He shook his head his green eyes locking with mine “Do not pull that again Cori.” I nodded “Yes Sir.”

I walked away too the infirmary down the road.

        I entered the lobby and collapsed on the floor slowly blacking out. The last thing I heard was my sister screaming for me.



© 2017 Indigomoon


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

95 Views
Added on December 4, 2017
Last Updated on December 4, 2017