Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Chapter Two: Orion

Chapter Two: Orion

A Chapter by Indigomoon

          I stood holding the crate of food as Cori walked off I watched her until she made it inside. I knew she was in critical condition yet somehow she made it to the Infirmary. I walked to her folks cabin on the south side of the gate and knocked on the door.

       Her mother answered “Sergeant Orion?” She was small and had long chestnut brown hair “Cori got hurt getting the drop, but she is in the infirmary right now.” She sighed “Thank goodness she made it though.”

        I placed the crate inside “Two months of food in here.” She gasped “Why did she take that risk?” I shook my head “Cori must of though if she grabbed extra she, could give it to the families who cannot make it to the drop zones that are far.” She clicked her tongue “That girl is… wild sometimes.” I smirked “Where is your husband?” she looked at me “Still at the smithy, he has been working long nights since the demand for anti-magic armor has grown.”

           I nodded “How is your ear Josephine?” She smiled I think I am slowly getting used to being deaf in my right ear but, somedays it is hard. I smiled “Cori will be fine I am sure Claudia is taking care of her right now.” Josephine nodded “They both work so hard for the camp and this family. I heard small foot-steps “I suppose I should go so you can attend to Benjamin, Simon, Lewis, and Estelle.

        Josephine nodded “Yeah those four are hard to get to bed without having the help of the girls.” I nodded “Well have a goodnight Mrs. Rivers.” She waved as I left “You too Sargent Orion.

I left the small house and went to the hall where they were discussing about the war. I entered and saw the leader of the camp Wyatt a talk black man who had scares from the previous battles in the land. He always wore his gun at his hip and a green camo jacket over of a grey sweater. Today though he was in a baggy grey tank-top that showed his sides as he leaned on the table looking at the maps.

        “I say we set up troops near the falls.” The others nodded in agreement as I walked to the table and sat. “Orion good to see you.” I nodded as of the head mages walked by “How is the girl?” I looked at the mage “Good Hazel.” Hazel was the lead mage with war magic. She however only fought in the battles she refused to teach at the small school we had for those wanting to learn about the way of the Faye.

        “I heard she was hit by an ice bolt.” I smiled “Yeah to the shoulder some witch must not have good aim.” I heard snickers as Hazel moved toward me her long silver gown dragging across the floor. “I suppose you don’t know that when ice bolts hit it is supposed to have shocked the system to stop.” I nodded “Yeah I know.” Hazel tapped her barefoot on the ground “So when it hit her shoulder; the girl should have dropped the food she was carrying.”

        I shrugged my shoulder “Maybe it was a weak shot.” Hazel looked at me “I sensed a witch of powerful magic outside... that shot should have stopped her.” I frowned “So?” Hazel tapped her hands on the table “So what do you know about the girl Sargent Orion?” thinking I said “Not much her name is Cori she has a twin named Claudia a mother named Josephine, a father named Russel, and four little siblings named Benjamin, Simon, Lewis, and Estelle.”

        Hazel sat down and looked to Wyatt “How about you? What do you know Sir?” Wyatt looked confused “Same as Orion really why?” Hazel groaned “Is there any chance that Cori could have mages blood?” I laughed “ I highly doubt it, due to the fact none of her parents are mages.”

        Then I heard foot-steps of the Archmage and headmaster of the Faye school enter the room. Wyatt nodded “Hello Alistair.” Alistair bowed and walked toward Hazel. “I was in the next room reading when I heard the conversation. Hazel the girl is none of your business.”

        Hazel opened her mouth until Alistair held up his hand “But I will tell you about the girls.” I sat up “What do you mean.” Alistair stroked his grey beard “The girls are adopted by the parents they have now.” My jaw dropped “How do you know?” Alistair smiled “Because I was the one who gave them to their parents.”



© 2017 Indigomoon


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

95 Views
Added on December 4, 2017
Last Updated on December 4, 2017