Kh3 Chapter 3

Kh3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by KehliePaige
"

A lot is explained in this chapter. This chapter takes place in Halloween town. The narrator turns into a main important character in this chapter.

"

Drawing3.jpgThis is The narrator. You learn more about her as time progresses
Chapter Three: Halloween Town

Sora and friends arrived at Halloween Town just as expected. They landed in Guillotine Square and met with the mayor of Halloween Town. His face was happy when he first saw them.

"Sora it is so horrific to see you here. Jack is waiting for you in Dr. Finkelstein’s laboratory."

Then his face turned his face around and he was scared, "We were told from that awkwardly weird girl that there’s a Heartless in our town. Sora you have to go see Jack quickly."

"Don’t worry Mayor we’re on the case. Have we ever let you down before," Sora asked, trying to reassure the mayor.

"I guess not, just hurry before this monster affects our horrid Halloween festivities."

"Okay Mayor" Sora said to the mayor.

They headed towards Dr. Finkelstein’s Lab and found out that there was more than just one Heartless in Halloween Town. The fought off the Heartless as they made their way closer and closer to Dr. Finkelstein’s Lab.

They finally reached the door to Dr. Finkelstein’s Lab, but the door wouldn’t budge. Sora noticed the door bell on the door and pulled it. It made the noise of a black cat meowing angrily at someone.

Meanwhile, I decided to get up and headed towards Dr. Finkelstein’s Lab. A wicked smile crossed my face and I said, "I guess it’s time for me to get rid of you. There is only enough room for one of us, not both. I guess it’s sad though, I wanted to get rid of you by myself. I wanted all the pleasure of stopping your heart and sending back to the darkness."

I smiled again then turned around and looked at the moon. I looked the twinkle next to it a grabbed the necklace around my neck. "I promised that I would help you. Things change. I’m sorry that I couldn’t help you. Forgive me… Cloud."

I closed my eyes for a moment then opened them and walked out the gate and headed to the Lab.

Jack Skellington answered the door for Sora and his friends. Jack smiled at the sight of Sora and his friends. He motioned them to come in then said, "Sora I am thrilled to see you but our guest of horror is not here right now. She should be here any moment though. She goes on a walk every night at the same time and comes back the same time. She’s a little late today, though."

"It’s not a problem Jack," Sora said optimistically.

"Well you guys might as well get comfortable. Do you like it? Sally redecorated the place. It looks wonderfully dreadful."

Riku was in thought of what I said to him. That he needed to come to Halloween Town, and he was wondering why I needed him here. Then he looked over into the corner of the room and noticed my keyblade. He walked over to it and was about to touch it then Kairi said, "It looks greatly horrible Jack."

"Thank you."

Riku looked back towards the keyblade and picked it up. He turned around Sora was behind him looking at the keyblade. My keyblade has a hilt that was the shape of a heart. Also the actual blade of the weapon is made of coiled metal. The charm at the end of the hilt was necklace with a Fenrir charm on the end.

Drawing2.jpg
The other keyblade of mine Sora remembered. It was Oblivion, the keyblade of one of my best friends, Roxas. When Roxas became part of Sora, Sora got a copy of Oblivion though the original Oblivion was given to me by Roxas before he died.

Sora had Oblivion in his hands while Riku had Silence in his. Both of the keyblades left their hands in an instant. They looked around to find where the keyblades had gone. I looked down upon their frantic search and smiled to myself. This is so embarrassing, I thought to myself.

I put my fingers in my mouth and whistled. Everyone in the room looked up at the window I was sitting in. Sora and Riku looked relieved to have found my keyblades, but curious to whom I was.

"Didn’t your parents tell you to never touch what doesn’t belong to you," I called down to Riku and Sora cockily.

"Actually one of those is mine," Sora replied.

"No it isn’t. They are both mine," I looked down at them thinking of Roxas, "My best friend gave it to me before he died, and you have no right to touch it. Your keyblade is nothing more than a fake, a replica blade of mine."

I got angrier as I continued to talk. Being in the same room as them disgusted me. Jack looked up at me and said, "Sora this is Ixion. She was the keyblade wielder we were talking about. She’s been living with me and Sally for a while. Isn’t it amazing? She can wield to blades at the same time without going into drive. Ixion, why don’t you come down and greet our friends?"

"I don’t mean to offend you Jack, but they’re your friends not mine. I won’t go down there. I’m in the window for a reason, it’s to get rid of the stench of them," I said with disgust in my voice. Every word I said came out with venom.

I looked down upon them and I noticed that Jack was upset with my reaction. I decided to try and be nice to them no matter how bad it hurt. I frowned at the thought and looked out the window. I looked back down at them and I could tell what they were thinking.

Why does she not like us, Kairi thought sadly.

Wow! Who would’ve thought that a keyblade wielder could be so… dark, Sora thought in wonder.

Is that? No it can’t be. Could it? The voice? So familiar, so… similar, Riku thought.

I sighed to myself then said, "Fine I’ll get down from here, but I’m not going to set foot in this lab while you are in here. I’ll talk to you outside where the stench isn’t as bad," I sighed to myself again and reluctantly finished my thought, "But alas, since I am loyal to my word, I will join you guys if you help me with this Heartless, so I guess I’ll have to get used to your unpleasant smell."

I didn’t care enough to look at their reaction to what I said. I just turned around in the windowsill and hopped out of the window, landing safely on the ground below.

I walked toward the gate separating Dr. Finkelstein’s Laboratory and Guillotine Square. When I finally reached it I leaned against the gate and looked at the door and waited for them to walk out.

In the inside of the lab Sora looked at the window I was in and thought was her friend… Roxas? Then when he went to look at Kairi and Riku and stated, "Well we have no choice. We need help and she’s willing to join. We also promised to help everyone and she falls into that group, so let’s go."

Sora smiled and gave his friends a thumbs up.

Goofy looked at Sora and nodded.

Donald sighed and said, "Oh, boy!"

Riku looked at Sora and nodded with his eyes closed.

Kairi was still looking at the window in thought. Sora looked at Kairi and wondered what she was thinking. Riku waved his hand in front of Kairi’s face and then Kairi looked at him.

"I’m sorry she looked so… familiar. Did anyone else think she looked familiar," she asked.

Sora scratched the back of his head and shook his head no. He looked at Kairi and said, "She doesn’t look familiar at all to me, but did anyone else notice she called the owner of that keyblade her friend? Is she Roxas’s friend," Sora asked.

"I don’t know, but I agree with Kairi. She does look familiar. She also sounds so familiar. But why does she look so different? She doesn’t look human," Riku replied.

"I know what you’re talking about Riku. She looks familiar, but almost like she changed. I can’t explain it." Kairi said.

Sora looked at the window in awe. He almost wanted to say that he remembered her, but he didn’t want to freak Kairi and Riku out. He had also agreed with Riku that her voice was familiar.

Donald and Goofy looked at each other and exchanged a dumfounded look. They looked back at Sora and his friends then Donald said, "Don’t we need to go meet her outside. She doesn’t seem liked she’d be happy if we were late."

Sora shook his head and said, "Let’s go."

When they finally walked outside I had redirected my attention to the star next to the moon again. I didn’t even realize that they had walked out until the smell reached my nose.

I grunted in disgust then looked at them. They were all there, Sora, Kairi and Riku paying more attention to me than Goofy and Donald. I sighed almost depressed.

"I’m almost saddened that you don’t remember me Sora. Don’t you feel the pull of Roxas bringing you towards me? Or maybe even Ventus? I mean Sora we’re so close I thought you would be the first to remember me."

Sora cringed when I mentioned Ven and then looked at me with a puzzled expression. His face spelt out exactly what he was thinking. I didn’t care to hear his response so I moved on to Kairi.

"Also Kairi, I’m mad at you, too. You don’t remember me? All the fun times at Radiant Garden? You don’t recall any of it do you. You got new friends, right? So you don’t need your old ones do you," I said with noticeable anger in my voice.

Kairi looked at me confused. Guess she doesn’t remember either. She looked sad and tried to talk, but all she made out a few stutters.

"Riku. Why don’t you remember me? I guess you had too much fun betraying Xion to remember anyone else. I guess you had your hands too full with one girl, that you couldn’t see the other one just behind her.

You know what and after all the stuff I went through to save you. The least I expect is you to remember me. But I guess you can’t even do that, can you?

You weren’t happy until you made Roxas kill Xion, were you? I guess the one regret I have is that I saved your life that many times. I should’ve let you die."

Riku looked more confused than both Sora and Kairi put together. I sighed to myself and turned around.

As I was leaving I turned around and said, "I guess I can’t make you remember, can I? Oh, well."

Sora and his friends were surprised by my sudden attitude change.

I continued, "Well I hate to drift on and on when no one gets what I’m saying. So let’s just get this Heartless kill over with. The sooner I get to join you the sooner I get to leave."

I gestured my hand to call them towards me. Then when I heard them coming over I walked out the gate and started heading towards the graveyard. I didn’t care to slow down for them so I was trail blazing them. Surprisingly I didn’t notice any Heartless trying to attack me.

I couldn’t say the same for Sora and his friends I could hear them fighting Heartless. I should go and help them, but wouldn’t this be a good warm-up for them?

I pretended not to hear the clanging of their weapons, or the wicked laugh of the Heartless. I was looking at the star again and eventually did forget they were fighting.

We finally reached Curly Hill and I lay on the hill and closed my eyes with my hands behind my head. After lying there for a while Sora and friends came out of the gate. I didn’t open my eyes, but started to talk.

"Can you feel it Sora? Can you feel Roxas? Roxas and I used to lie here under the moon all the time. We would point out the worlds we’ve been, and the ones we want to go to. Do you remember what one Roxas always pointed at? Do you Sora?"

I didn’t look at Sora, but I could tell he was confused. He took a step closer and spoke, "How do you know Roxas," he asked.

I laughed to myself loud enough for Sora to hear. This time I peeked behind me at Sora and said, "You know the answer. I won’t answer it for you. Dig deep inside you and ask Roxas. Ask Roxas all the time we spent together all the ‘fun’ we had." I put "fun" in air quotes.

Sora looked more confused now. He looked at me and asked, "What do you mean?"

"Silly. I’m talking about our missions, all the fun we had, killing Heartless. We even visited you once, Sora, while you were regaining your memories. Do you remember what I promised Roxas? How he and I would be eternally bonded. The same reason why I can’t harm you."

"What are you talking about? What promise?"

I sighed dejectedly. I looked back towards the sky with my eyes closed.

"Sora why are you keeping your memories held back. They’re going to break free sooner or later. How are you going to tell Kairi that she wasn’t the first girl in life? How she will never be as close to you as we were Sora. You’re going to have to break it to her eventually.

If you don’t remember soon Sora I’ll tell her myself. And you know what Sora? I’ll even add some lies into the mix, it won’t matter, you won’t be able to correct me."

I guessed that helping Sora remember the easy way wasn’t going to work so I thought I’d push it out of him.

"What are you talking about? I don’t even know you. How do I have all these memories of a person I’ve never met?"

"Be quiet," I said.

"I have no memory of you not because I’m holding it back, but because I don’t know you."

Be quiet," I said to Sora in a sharp hiss. This time he actually listened to me. I continued, "Listen carefully. It’s here."

Off in the distance there was a faint lub dub of a heart. I got closer with each beat. Lub Dub Lub Dub Lub Dub LUb DUb LUB DUB, then one final beat and a shadow erupted below me.

I did a back handspring and slid down the side of the Curly Hill. I looked up at the Heartless that was now in my spot. I grabbed Wishmaker and ran at the monster.

It swung at me and I jumped on its sword and flipped over it. I grasped Wishmaker and snapped the monster in the back of the head. It tried to stab me. I leaned back and wrapped Wishmaker around it and put my legs around the handle of the sword. I kicked off the monster and pulled the separate ends of Wishmaker making me and the monster spin off in two directions.

I looked over at Sora and cockily said, "You do know that you’re welcome to join at anytime."

Sora nodded and summoned his keyblade.

All together we took down the monster and it crept to top of Curly Hill. When it reached the top it held onto where its heart would have been then looked up at the moon and disappeared.

When it disappeared I headed towards the gate, but Riku grabbed onto my shoulder and stated, "You owe it to us to answer some questions."

I looked over my shoulder to him and said, "I don’t owe you a single thing though I love to mess with your heads, so I’ll answer your questions, eventually."

I went to walk off then Riku pulled back on my shoulder and said, "Can you just do it now? I don’t think Sora can wait much longer to get some answers."

I sighed and grabbed Riku’s hand and threw it off my shoulder. I looked over at Sora and said, "Fine. I’ll answer the little impatient baby’s questions."

Sora looked over at me then asked a simple question, "What are you?"

"I’m a monster, that’s all you need to know. If I didn’t make a promise with Roxas I assure you, you wouldn’t be here right now."

Sora nodded respecting my answer then he asked another simple question, "Who are you?"

"Who am I? I’m Ixion. I have no last name just like you Sora. I just have other names people call me. You probably know me as ‘Shin’. Sora do you remember me yet."

The name Shin made Sora flinch. Sora looked at my face deeply then said, "My parents have a box in their room that has the name Shin wrote on it. They said it was a box a love. Is that your box?"

"In a nutshell it is Sora though I never put anything in it. Rather it was me that was put in the box. Do you understand what I’m saying Sora?"

"No, I don’t. How were you put in there? Why?"

"I’m sorry, Sora. I can’t tell you, I promised. You have to find out yourself. Think back Sora."

"I can’t."

"Sora, think back to the day you were born. Roxas saw this memory of mine. He knows what happened, Sora. You have to remember," I said persuasively.

I walked over to Sora and put my hand on his shoulder. He was holding onto his head in deep thought. I lifted Sora’s face so he was looking at me.

"Sora I know what will make you remember, but you got to trust me."

Sora shook his head. He took a step back avoiding my touch and turning around and walking over to his friends. I stood there disheartened.

I called over to Sora and said, "Roxas acted the same way when I told him. Sora you can’t escape the truth, and the truth is you can’t ever drift far from me. We shared the Paopu fruit."

Sora stiffened when I talked, but continued towards his friends. I looked at my feet, fighting back tears. I ran straight at the gate. Riku, Kairi, Goofy, and Donald were all there comforting Sora.

"It’s okay Sora," Donald said consolingly.

"Come on Sora. Cheer up," said Goofy.

Kairi gave Sora a hug and Riku looked at him and said, "I know this is a bad time, but she is telling the truth, if you shared a Paopu fruit you can’t run from her."

Riku looked up towards me, but I was too late. I was already two inches away from him and I put both my hands on both his shoulders and flipped over him. I landed on the ground and continued to run.

Riku turned around to look where I went to. He looked at Sora then turned around and chased after me. I was far ahead of him running towards the Graveyard.

I didn’t pay attention to the Heartless he fought to get to me. I just kept running further and further away.

When I finally reached the section of the Graveyard I was headed for I sat on a gravestone. When I sat on the gravestone I looked up at the night sky. I closed my eyes to let the darkness surround me.

Then footsteps came through the gate behind me and didn’t move an inch. Riku was looking at me from the gateway and then looked up at the sky.

"What’s up in the sky that you love so much," Riku asked.

"You know that every star is a world, right? Well there’s one world that I’m always looking over. Do you know what world that is?"

"No clue."

"Destiny Islands. Do you want to know why I look after Destiny Islands?"

"Does it involve Sora?"

"Bravo Riku, you deserve a medal," I said sarcastically.

"What is with you and Sora? Your attitude changes really fast with him."

"I’m mad because he took Roxas away, wouldn’t you? I mean Sora and I are just as close, but Roxas made me feel so… complete. I can’t stay mad at Sora, though. He’s all I have left, but he doesn’t even remember me."

"What do you mean by, you and Sora are just as close as you and Roxas."

I thought to myself for a quick moment then spoke up, "If I tell you something you have to promise not to tell Sora? Sora has to find out himself, it will make him stronger."

Riku nodded forgetting that I couldn’t see him. Then he said, "Y-yes."

"I’m mad about losing Roxas, because I lost my older brother."

"Roxas was your brother," Riku said in shock.

"He was more than just my brother, Riku. He was my twin brother. I’m a Nobody of Sora’s twin sister Shin."

Riku had shocked expression on his face. He said, "If your Sora’s twin then why didn’t live on Destiny Islands? Why haven’t I ever heard of you?"

"I can answer both with one answer. I was born with no heart. I gave Sora mine so he could live. When I was born I wasn’t born alive, and they had casted my body out to see in the box in Sora’s parents room."

"Wait, then why do you look the same age as Sora? If you lost your heart as an infant would you be just a child?"

"I wasn’t fully heartless, Riku. You know the person who gave Sora his heart right? You know of Ventus? Ven himself was part of a match set. His twin Amare had given me her heart so I could live. After she did so she had just enough strength to bring me to Radiant Garden, then she died. Now her heart is in my and her soul found its way to Ven."

Riku gazed at me confused. Then his expression slowly turned from doubt to sympathy. He took a step towards me and I turned around.

"Just stay where you are. You smell too bad," I snapped at him.

He took a step back. Then I looked at him apologetically. I dropped my gaze at the ground right in front of him.

"I’m sorry. I’ve been in the dark far too long. Amare’s heart had broken when I turned into a Nobody. The years I spent in the darkness had filled her heart with darkness. Being with Sora and Roxas slowly closed my heart back up, but it’s too late. All the light in it left long ago."

Riku shook his head and said, "I can’t be true. There has to be some light in your heart. You said yourself that you saved my life."

"Doesn’t mean a thing."

"Yes it does. Its means you have a heart. It means you can tell right from wrong."

"Why, do you care if I have a heart or not?"

"Because I remember you, and I feel bad for what I did to Xion. You have to understand, though. I had to do that to save Sora, and if you really were Sora’s twin wouldn’t you have done the same?"

I spun around on the tombstone and faced Riku and got up. I walked towards him. When I was standing right next to him I said, "I guess, when you put it that way."

I continued to walk past Riku and headed back towards Dr. Finklestein’s Laboratory.

As I was walking towards the lab, Kairi, Sora, Goofy, and Donald were looking around for Riku. I turned to face them, and as I did Riku walked out of the section of the Graveyard that we were in.

Riku looked at Sora then at me. He smiled quickly at me before calling out to Sora.

Sora looked over towards where Riku and I were standing next to each other. Then Riku put his hands around his face making a megaphone.

"Sora I have something important to tell you."

I elbowed Riku in the side and he looked over at me. "What are you doing? He has to find out himself." I whispered to him.

"No worries I’ll make him remember. I won’t tell him myself, I promise."

"You better not."

Sora looked over at me and Riku wondering why we were whispering. I just plopped onto the floor, sitting next to Riku. I used my index finger to draw a little picture on the ground in front of me.

Riku looked down at me to see what I was doing and he laughed to himself. I ignored him and continued to draw on the ground.

Sora looked down at my incomplete drawing and only saw a girl holding a star. He then looked at Riku wondering what Riku wanted to tell him.

Riku just looked up from my drawing when Sora did. Kairi, meanwhile, was sitting on the floor in front of me trying to focus on my face.

"So do you remember when we were little, playing on Destiny Islands?"

"Of course I do Riku. Where are you getting with this?"

"You remember the wall of drawing in the cave and how I wiped one off? How you didn’t get a look at the drawing before I wiped it off?"

"I remember that Riku, but what are you trying to say?"

"Well that drawing was of two identical faces. Though one had short hair one with long. I assumed the one with short hair was a boy, and the one with long was a girl."

"What are you trying to say?"

"Sora, come on, think. The faces were identical one a boy the other a girl."

As soon as Riku finished what he said I finished my drawing. I looked up at Kairi who was staring at my picture with an open mouth. She looked up at Sora and said, "Sora! Look!"

Sora looked at my drawing. It was of two identical people holding a Paopu fruit. One was a girl the other a boy. The two were on a beach that was drawn exactly like Destiny Islands.

Sora had a blank look on his face and then looked up from the drawing. Donald and Goofy looked at Sora waiting what he was going to say.

Riku looked down at the drawing. He recognized it as the drawing he saw as a kid. It was missing one key detail, though, the names Sora and Shin over the people drawn on it.

Sora leaned down over the drawing and pointed at the boy and said, "That’s me, isn’t it."

I nodded to him and he accepted the answer. He moved over to the girl next to the boy. "That’s you, isn’t it," he asked.

Yet again I nodded. Then he looked at me and asked, "This is a Paopu fruit and we shared one, didn’t we?"

"Yes, we did. Do you remember why we shared the Paopu fruit, Sora?"

Sora shook his head no and then said, "I don’t remember why I shared the Paopu fruit with you. I just know that I did."

"I guess it’s not easy for you to remember I, it was more than fifteen years ago. I only remember because I only have four years of memories. So remembering then is like thinking of yesterday. Sora let me tell you one think that will make you remember everything."

Sora thought to himself for a moment, then he looked up at me and nodded. I leaned closer to him and said what was needed.

"Think Sora. We were drawn identical. I'm closer to you than anyone else. What do you think of Riku as?"

"A brother."

"And what's closer than brothers. Here's a hint the look identical."

"Tw-twins," Sora whispered. "You're my twin, aren't you?"

I simply nodded. Then stood up and offered Sora my hand, which he used to pull himself up. Donald and Goofy looked at Sora then me with their mouths dropped.

Sora scratched the back of his head then smiled. He put his hand out and then i looked at him. I forced a smile and said, "Let me bring you somewhere. It's a special place. When we get there I promise I'll explain everything."

Sora nodded and then put his hand out again. I knew he wanted me to shake it, but I couldn't. I closed my eyes tightly and one tear escaped out the corner of my eye.

I went ot walk away, but Sora grabbed my shoulder. I closed my eyes as Sora said, "Come on Ixion. You know you can trust us."

"I know I can trust you. Its that you can't trust me. I'll shake your hand as soon as I can believe that you can trust me."

Sora nodded and sais, "Sure thing. Ixion you take as long as you need." Then he smiled and gave me a thumbs up.

I was suprised by his response and then said, "There's two places I need to take you. One is in Radiant Garden, the other is in Twilight town."

"You got it sis," was Sora's only reply to what I said



© 2011 KehliePaige


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

233 Views
Added on February 24, 2011
Last Updated on February 24, 2011
Tags: Kingdom Hearts 3 sora kairi riku
Previous Versions


Author

KehliePaige
KehliePaige

NH



Writing
Kh3 Prologue Kh3 Prologue

A Chapter by KehliePaige


Kh3 Chapter 1 Kh3 Chapter 1

A Chapter by KehliePaige


Kh3 Chapter 2 Kh3 Chapter 2

A Chapter by KehliePaige