Chapter 5: Normal.

Chapter 5: Normal.

A Chapter by Kirbyfactor

Cole

Cole sat on the ground, away from most of the group. He was looking through the weapons, it helped to keep him from getting bored. Charlie didn't give him any jobs because he thought of him as a child. He picked up a gun, looked at it and then put it down again. He was hoping to find a nice weapon to make his own, but so far he did not have luck. He was about to pick up another gun when he heard the gate open, he put all the weapons back in the bag and went to look.
He saw Warren get off his bike, he was carrying an unconsious man. 'YOU BROUGHT ANOHTER ONE IN?' Charlie already screamed. 'No, this one was spying on us from on top off the hill, I figured he may know some things we want to know.' he carried the man inside, Charlie followed. 'What's he going to do to him?' Cole asked to the nearest person, who happened to be Anne. 'I don't know, but knowing Charlie, it's going to be bad.' the look on her face said it all. 'Do you think we should stop him?' Cole already knew what she was going to say. 'No, who knows what they already know about us, they may attack us soon.' she unwillingly reached for her gun. 'Maybe you're right, I just wish everything would return to normal.' he walked away.
Cole opened the bag of guns, and grabbed the first revolver he found. As much as he hated to admit it, Anne was right. 'So now you know how I feel' a voice said, Cole looked to his left and saw that it was Max. 'What do you mean?' he closed the bag. 'I also hate this world and wish everything would return to normal.' the smile on the boy's face was sad. 'Maybe so, but let's not have a cry party together.' Cole put the gun in its holster. Max had a confused look on his face. 'It was a joke' Cole said, before walking away.

Charlie

They had tied the unknown man to a chair, he was slowly waking up. 'Thanks Warren, leave us now', the other man nodded and walked away, closing the door behind him. The room was dark, the only light was coming from a small window. The man opened his eyes, he was confused. He looked young, probably no older than 17. 'w-where am I?' were the first words he said. 'In the place you've been spying on, I hope you're happy' Charlie rolled up his sleeves. 'Oh, now I remember' his face went from confused to angry. 'You aren't getting anything out of me' Charlie laughed. 'We'll see about that, what's your name?' the boy didn't talk. 'Oh well' Charlie hit the boy in his face. The boy's face started bleeding. 'Let's try again, what your name?' the boy spit some blood out of his mouth. 'My name is Alex' he leaned back in pain. 'Well Alex' Charlie said, 'Where's your hideout?' he was talking softly, but that only made them more threatening. 'I can't tell you man, please understand.' Charlie had already send his fist to the mans face, and it hit him on the left cheek. 'COME ON, TELL ME!' he grabbed the boys shirt. 'I CAN'T TELL' the boy almost cried. 'NOT GOOD ENOUGH' he kicked the boy in the chest, the chair fell backwards. 'WHERE?!' The boy's face was red with blood. 'The old school in the city, we've been there for about a year, it feels like all this s**t never happened.' Charlie put the chair back up. 'Alright, and how long have been you spying on us?' he walked around the boy. 'Ever since that boy and the redneck joined your group, we were planning on doing a hit as soon as I returned.' the boy looked at Charlie in fear. 'How many people and guns do you have?' he sounded calm, but deep inside he was angry. 'I don't know man' Charlie got down on his knee, he now had to look up to the boy. 'See, I don't like that' he grabbed his knife. made a cut in the boy's jeans and ripped off a piece, so it showed part of his right leg. 'So I'll have to force them out like this' he made a cut in the boys leg, then he put his hand in the cut and started ripping the skin off. The boy screamed so loud he could be heard outside. 'I'LL TALK, I'LL TALK' he screamed. 'We have about fourty people, and twenty of them can shoot a gun, me not included.' Charlie laughed. 'Of course not.' and then he walked to the door. 'What about me?' the boy yelled. 'You're staying here, enjoy it' and with that said the man closed the door.
'You had quite a go at him there, what does he know?' Warren asked, he was leaning against a wall just outside the room. 'Too much, come' they walked outside. 'Gather around everybody, I've got something to tell you.' everyone stood in a circle around him. 'Our little friend just told me that his group was planning an attack, now that he's here, there shall be some delay, but we need to prepare' he looked around the group 'Everyone will be trained in using a gun, we'll defend this place for as long as we can.' some people looked scared, others looked like they were looking forward to it. He was happy atleast a few of them wanted to fight.
'Start by shooting the cans.' everybody was lined up, there were cans standing a few meters away from them, some people already hit the cans -Like Cole and Warren- and others had problems with just properly holding the gun -Like Max-. 'Alright, Warren, you help everyone out, I'll be doing things' he wanted to walk away, but Cole stopped him. 'I can help too' he said. 'You're still a kid, you can't help' the boy looked mad. 'I'll prove it' he took his gun and shot a can. 'See?' he said. 'You're lucky to even be here, don't tell me how to do my job' Charlie pushed the boy and then walked away. He could hear Cole calling him an a*****e.

Steve

He and Sandy were in their appartment, after about five hours of guntraining everybody was told to go to their homes. 'So what do you think about this?' he asked, Sandy was giving him a massage. 'It's scary, but maybe it's for the best' she replied, her hands were soft. 'And the farmer boy, do you think I was wrong to rescue him?' the boy had been on his mind the entire day, was he dead? 'No, he would've died out there, you gave him another chance, I'm sure Warren didn't kill him' she said, she was very calm. 'How do you know that?' with all the gun training he didn't have time to look at Warren. 'He was wearing clean clothes, he looked clean and his hair looked like it had been washed.' now that Steve thought about it, he never saw Warren in those clothes before. 'Maybe you're right, but what if he killed the boy, and then stole the clothes and took a shower?' he wanted to believe that the boy lived, he really did. 'I'll ask him tommorow, don't worry about that now' she stopped the massage, and kissed him. She ended the kiss, he looked in her eyes. He had forgot how beautiful she was. He kissed her back, they both fell on the bed. That evening, they made love, and for once, everything seemed like it was normal.
He woke up, Sandy was in the kitchen -which was in the same room- teaching herself how to reload a gun. 'Last night was amazing' she said with a smile. 'It was' Steve put on his clothing, and joined her. 'Oh by the way, I talked to Warren, farmer boy lives.' Steve felt relieved. 'Are you happy?' she asked. 'More than you can imagen' he couldn't get the grin off his face. 'Come on, let's get down to see if we have any duties before Charlie loses his s**t again.' Steve agreed and they went downstairs.


© 2013 Kirbyfactor


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
Added on September 17, 2013
Last Updated on September 22, 2013


Author

Kirbyfactor
Kirbyfactor

Rotterdam, Zuid Holland, Netherlands



About
Not much to say, I write stuff. more..

Writing
But But

A Poem by Kirbyfactor