Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Chapter 10: Lost it all.

Chapter 10: Lost it all.

A Chapter by Kirbyfactor

Warren.

He had wondered further from the camp than he wanted, so now he was walking back along the road, but still in the forest. He stopped behind a tree, he heard a sound. He looked over his shoulder, and saw two vans riding down the road. He quickly dropped to the ground, keeping his crossbow ready to attack. Apperently they didn't see him, because they drove by him. He had a feeling in his gut that something was wrong, so he followed the vans.
As he expected, the vans had stopped in front of the bridge of Warren's camp. He could see at least four men, they were standing a few meters away from the vans, just doing nothing. 'So what do we do now?' one of them asked. 'We wait until that Charlie guy gives us a signal.' another replied. F*****g Charlie. Warren thought, he had to do something to let the rest know. He crouched, and sneaked out of the forest. The nearest van was close, so he reached it without a problem. Luckly for Warren, the man left the window open. Warren put his arm inside the car, and pressed the honk, and let it ring for a as long as he could. 'JESUS CHRIST THERE'S SOMEONE HERE' one of the men yelled, Warren could hear them run over. He grabbed his crossbow, came out from behind the van, and shot one of them in the leg, then he ran to the forest. 'YOU TWO, AFTER HIM!' the man who was shot in the leg yelled.
Warren jumped behind a tree that was fallen over, and he pulled the string of his crossbow back, then he put the arrow in. He also pulled out his hunting knife and put it between his teeth. 'He jumped behind that tree I think.' one man said, Warren could hear someone approaching. He would waste an arrow if he shot the man from this close, so he took the hunting knife from his mouth. He jumped up from behind the tree, and before the man knew what was happening, Warren had already stabbed him in the heart. The second man got scared, and tried to run, but Warren had already grabbed his already loaded crossbow, aimed an arrow at the man´s head, and shot. He dropped dead. Warren ran over to him, and pulled the arrow from his head and put it back in his quiver. He put the crossbow on his back, and grabbed the mans assault rifle.
Warren ran out of the woods, charging for the vans ´HOLY F**K HE KILLED JIM AND BOB!´ the first man yelled ´GET IN THE VAN´ he got into the van. ´What about the plan? ' the second man yelled 'F**K THE PLAN!' the second man got in the van and they both drove to the gate. Warren fired the assualt rifle, it didn't do a lot except make a lot of bullet holes.
The first van smashed right through the gate, and the second one drove through the hole. Warren ran to the gate, he could see the doors of the vans opening and a bunch of zombie's coming out of them, and that's when Warren knew the camp had fallen.

Cole.

He sat at the side of the creek to rest a bit, Charlie was strong. He was suprised, but glad that he killed Charlie. He was in the forest without and weapon, and the sound of them fighting surely attracted some zombies, he got up and ran to the camp. 
His legs felt like they were on fire, he could hear gunfire, in the distance he saw the gate to the camp, there was a hole in it. He ran into the camp and saw zombies everywhere, people were firing at eachother, and there were several vans. He heard someone screaming right of him, he saw someone almost getting eaten by zombie, he pulled the zombie away. The person on the ground was a man, but not one of his own. 'Who the f**k are you?' Cole asked, the other man got up 'The one the kills you' he wanted to pull a gun, but was shot in the head. 'Good to see you're back!' it was Steve, he was carrying two backpacks. He took one of his shoulder, and threw it at Cole. 'Your gun is in there as well.' Cole opened the backpack, and saw his trusty 9MM in there. He took it and killed the zombie he just pushed off the man. 'Thanks man!' he yelled, but Steve was already off to help someone else. Cole ran to a van, and got behind it as cover. He saw three men with molotove cocktails, Cole shot at them and hit one of them, the other two threw them to the building, and it quickly started burning. 'F**K YOU' Cole got angry, he shot the other two men as well, he didn't kill them, but the zombies were eating them already. He reloaded his gun, and he ran towards the gate, he had to get out, there wasn't anything to save. He got to the gate, he heard someone call his name 'COLE!' it was Max, he was cornered by two zombies. 'Get down!' Cole yelled, Max got down and Cole shot the two zombies. 'Come on, we've got to go!' Cole grabbed him by his arm and pulled him away. 'Wait, take my gun as well' Max took his gun and gave it to Cole. 'You're better with it then I am' Cole thanked him, they were leaving.

Warren.

'NO!' Abby screamed, she ran towards the burning building, straight to a zombie. Warren shot the zombie with his rifle, and pulled her away. 'NO, DAWN IS IN THERE PLEASE!' she screamed. Warren pulled her to the pick up, and told her to wait for him there. 'Take this' he pulled out his glock and gave it to her. He then ran towards the building, and tackled the door open.
Smoke had filled the building already, and there was fire. He almost couldn't stand the heat, he took the bandana out of his pocket and put in front of his mouth, he hoped it would stop the smoke. He ran through the hall, Abby's room was at the very end. He could heard Dawn crying. He tackled the door to Abby's room open, and saw the baby in her crib. He picked her up and ran back to the hall.
Warren was almost out of the building, when a zombie got infront of the exit. 'f**k' Warren's hands were full because of the baby, he had to put her down before he could kill the zombie. He was walking backwards, when all of the sudden, he heard a bang, and the zombie's blood was all over the wall. Abby was holding his glock, she shot the zombie. 'I'm not letting my two favourite people die today, let's go' they both ran out to the pick up.
'Get in!' Warren handed the baby to Abby, he grabbed his assualt rifle and killed any zombie that came too close. 'Aren't we going to wait for the rest?' Abby screamed, Warren shaked his head. He also got in the car. 'We're leaving' he said, he started the car, and drove off.
The drove over the bridge, and were about to go to the highway. 'Wait, look!' Abby said, Warren looked into the rear mirror, and saw Anne waving her hands, and screaming a couple of meters back, Warren hit the breaks, turned the car around and drove to her. 'Quick, get in!' she got in, Warren turned the pick up around again, and drove off.

Steve.

'We've got to leave, there's no other way' He and Sandy ran towards the car, shooting any zombie that came close. 'You drive' Steve said, he got over to the passager seat, and grabbed a shotgun. 'These f****r won't know what hit them!' he opened the window, and started firing the shotgun. BANG. He killed one of them. BANG another one. 'I'm going to drive to the forest and circle around a few times to see if we can pick up anyone!' the car started drivng, and before they knew it they left the burning camp behind them.

Cole.

'Come on, let's hurry' they were in the forest, a bunch of zombie had also wondered into the forest. 'Get down!' Cole yelled, Max got down and Cole shot a zombie that was about to bite Max. 'Gotta be more careful!' Cole warned him, Max said he understood and they kept on walking.
'Do you think we'll ever find the rest again?' Max asked, 'I don't know' Cole said, he didn;t think so, but he didn't want to upset the boy, he was suprised no tears were shet yet. 'Are we going to rest here a bit?' they had reached a rock, it would be a nice place to rest. 'No, maybe they're chasing us, we've got to move.' he hated sounding so mean, but this was their best chance of survival. They passed the rock, Cole stepped over a dead body. 'Careful not to fall' Max stepped over it, the body lifted his head and bit him in his ancle, 'AAAAAAH' he screamed, Cole turned around, saw what was happening, and shot the zombie. Max fell to the ground, Cole got next to him. 'You're gonna be fine, I'll cut off your leg, you'll survive' Cole grabbed his knife, and got ready to cut. 'No Cole, don't' Max protested. 'You and I both know this isn't going to work, and even if it does, how much longer will I live? I can't do anything to survivive, and I've seen enough of this world, all the suffering, the death, the pain, the sadness' Cole's eyes began to tear up, 'but' he said. 'No buts, you're strong, you'll survive, I just want to ask you one thing, don't let me come back as one of those things.' Max and Cole now both had tears. 'a-alright man' Cole grabbed his gun, and pointed it at Max' face. 'Thanks' despite the tears on his face, he still had a smile. 'Goodbye man' Cole took a deep breath, and he pulled the trigger. A bang, and it was over.
He somehow found the road, he didn't even notice the zombie that was attacking him, or the car approaching him. BANG. Cole woke up from his thoughts, he saw the zombie falling to the ground, and saw a car stopping, with Steve hanging out of the passanger side window. 'Get in, quickly!' Cole got into the car, and put both his backpacks down. 'Where are the others?' Sandy asked. 'Warren and Abby left with the pick up' he said. 'What about Anne, Tyreece, Max and Charlie?' Cole looked at the backpack. 'Max got bit, he asked me to put him down. Charlie betrayed us all, he wanted to kill me, but I overpowered him. I don't know about Anne or Tyreece.' there was a moment of silence in the car, even Steve had stopped firing. 'We should go, if we stay here they'll find us.' No one liked it, but they left anyway, knowing that the chances of finding anyone kept getting smaller.

Tyreece.

He had been hiding in the van since the battle started, he didn't want to fight. He thought they should kill the dead, not the living. The gunfire had stopped, he came out of the van and saw that most men were either shot to death, or were getting eaten alive by zombies. 'Holy s**t' it was digusting to see. He checked to see if the keys were still in the van, he was in luck, they were. He got in, turned the car on, and started driving.
He got all the way to the city before the car ran out of gas, he got out of the van and looked around him. It was still dark, and there was no power, but he thought he could see a lot of high buildings, he didn't know if there were any safe places, so he decided to sleep in the back of the van. He got in, closed the doors, and hoped for the best.

Warren.

They reached the farmhouse, Warren hoped they were still welcome. 'With a bit of luck, this will be our new house.' he said, he turned the car off and got out. 'Let me do the talking.' he got in front, and behind him was Abby with Dawn, and behind that was Anne.
They walked to the frontdoor, but before they got there Betty opened the door, pointing the shotgun at him. 'Easy, it's me, Warren, the guy with the crossbow and the bike.' he put his hands up, he didn't feel like trying to fight. 'oh god Warren!' she put the gun down. 'DAD, BILLY, CIN, WARREN IS HERE!' The entire family got downstairs, and gathered near the door. 'Let them in, it's cold out' Joe said, and they all got inside the house.
'So your camp burned down, that must be horrible!' Cindy said. 'Yeah, and with the baby and all we figured this would be a nice place, if you don't mind.' Warren minded his matters, he would be fine on his own in the forest, but Dawn wouldn't survive a day. 'Ofcourse, we'll get a room ready, one of you will have to share.'  Anne immediatly offered to share, she said she wasn't suppose to be there in the first place. 'Now that it's all settled, how about we head to bed? We'll clean up the room in the morning.  I'll take watch again.' Betty said, everyone agreed and went upstairs, except Warren.
He was walking towards his car, and opened the door. 'Where do you think you're goin'?' Betty must've followed him. 'Finding the others of my group, I'd like to know what happened to them.' the polite tone was fading away, he wanted her to mind her own damn business. 'You can't go, my father will wonder where you went, may just kick the rest out.' Warren doubted Joe would do that, but he didn't want to take a chance. 'Just tell him I'm looking for my group.' he wanted to get in the car. 'No, if you want to make yourself useful, patrol the yard with me.' Warren slammed the car door closed. 'Fine then.' he grabbed his crossbow and walked together with Betty to check the yard.
'Yard seems fine.' Warren said after walking around the yard a few times. 'You seem stressed.' Betty said. 'Yeah, no kidding.' Warren said, turning to her. 'Let me ease you a bit.' she put the shotgun away, and kissed him. 'What're you doing?' he asked, after she stopped. 'I won't let you leave, so you might as well enjoy this.' she kissed him again, and they both fell unto a halebay.

Cole.

'This seems like a nice place.' They stopped the car at a few old ruins, the walls that were left standing would offer some nice protection. 'Let's make a campfire, so we won't freeze to death.' they made a small campfire, and talked about what happened that night. 'So what happened with Charlie and Max?' Steve asked. 'You were right, he tried to kill me, he lured me to a creek, he revealed that he was the one that killed my dog, and that his friends in the old school would attack after I died, I somehow overpowered him. And after the battle at the camp me and Max ran into the forest, he got bit in the ancle, I wanted to cut it off, to save him, but he didn't want me to, asked me to kill him, so I did.' he felt sad, but didn't want to show the rest. 'It's been a long night, you should get some sleep, I'll keep watch.' Steve wanted to say something, but Cole was gone before he could.
The first light of day hit the ground, Cole hadn't slept all night. 'Time to get up, let's go.' he woke Steve and Sandy up. 'What are we going to do?' Steve asked. 'I don't know, we had it all you know? Food, shelter, guns and ammo, and now it's all gone. I guess we should look for a place to stay, with luck we'll find another group, and we can merge in with them, if not we can find supplies and make it on our own, just know this: I will NOT give up on you.' with that said he walked to the car, got behind the wheel, waited for the others to get in, and then he drove off.


© 2013 Kirbyfactor


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

178 Views
Added on October 26, 2013
Last Updated on October 26, 2013


Author

Kirbyfactor
Kirbyfactor

Rotterdam, Zuid Holland, Netherlands



About
Not much to say, I write stuff. more..

Writing
But But

A Poem by Kirbyfactor