Beautiful author websites
Stop wasting time and money on Wix & Wordpress. Authors are creating beautiful websites with Myauthor.space FREE!
Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Chapter 11: Alice in Wonderland.

Chapter 11: Alice in Wonderland.

A Chapter by Kirbyfactor

Warren.
As the first light of the day could be seen, Warren grabbed his crossbow, and walked out of the house. 'Where are you going?' Betty asked, she was still having watch. 'Same thing I was going to do yesterday night, except this time you won't stop me.' he tried to ignore her. 'And you're going alone, into a forest you don't know, on foot?' she had a good point. 'Give me a map then, I'll take the car.' he didn't want to drag anyone down. 'I'll get you that map, but a car makes noise. How about I teach you to ride a horse?' Warren had grown up in the forest, but he never used a horse before. 'Just make it quick.' he turned around, and walked to the stables.
He was slowly walking circles in the large yard, Betty had thought him the basics. 'I think you're ready to head out, I'll come with you, I know these woods really well.' they walked around the house, and straight into the woods. 'If you think you can sleep with me this way, forget it.' he hadn't forgot what happened the night before. 'I won't, but the woods are dangerous at night.' Warren could handle himself in the dark, but he decided not to have a fight about it anymore, because it wouldn't help. 'Any place we should check out first?' the woods were new for him, the girl with him knew all the good hiding places. 'There should be a house a few kilometers away, going to the east.' they turned their horses east, going to the house. 'You think you're going to find them here?' Betty asked as they were riding. 'I don't know, maybe. Cole is a tough son of a b***h, he'll survive, and take the rest of the group with him.' he really hoped to see his old friend.
'Well, here it is.' the house was large, it had two stories. One of the windows was broken, and on the ground was a man, next to him was a pistol. 'Poor guy got bit, what a shame' Warren picked up the pistol, and put it under his belt. 'Let's go inside.' they walked to the door and tried to open it, it was locked. 'Stand back.' Warren said as he walked back. He ran into the door, smashing it open. 'Nice one' Betty said, as she walked into the house. Warren pulled out his crossbow, and walked further down the hall. The checked all the rooms on the ground level, all of them opened without any trouble. 'No zombies, aren't we lucky.' the walked to the stairs, and got up. They checked all rooms, but no one was in there. Warren was about to open the last door, but when he tried to pull it open, it was locked. 'pst' he called Betty over. 'It's locked, should we open it?' he asked her. 'yeah, do it.' Warren grabbed his crossbow, and instead of shooting it, he used it to smash the door open. He smashed a few more time, and there was a hole in the door. Warren looked through it, and saw the the room was mostly empty, but in the corner, there was a girl sitting. 'There's someone in there!' he said, he wanted to open the door from the inside, but there was a drawer infront of it. He climbed through the hole in the door, moved the drawer away and opened the door. 'Are you okay?' Betty walked in, and crouched down infront of the girl. 'Where's my daddy?' the little girl asked, she didn't look Betty in her face. 'I don't know, can you tell us what happened?' the tone in her voice was sweet. 'My daddy carried me here in a hurry, I heard something heavy fall, then he said sorry. The next moment I heard the window break, and a few seconds a gunshot. He still hasn't returned, do you have my daddy?' she still didn't look in Betty's direction. 'Sweety, can you tell me how your daddy looks?' Warren looked out of the broken window, and he already knew who the man on the ground was. 'I don't know, I'm blind.' both Warren and Betty were suprised, a blind girl would never survive in this world. Betty looked at Warren, he knew what she wanted to do. 'We're going to take you with us, and we'll take good care of you, is that okay?' Warren walked to the girl, and put her on his back. 'Okay' she said, and put her head on his back. 'Thank you, what's your name?' he asked, as he walked out of the room. 'Alice.' she said. 'Nice to meet you Alice, my name is Warren, and the woman you heard was Betty, we're going to take you to a farm, we've got food and water, I bet you'll like it there.' he gave to girl to Betty, and told her to go ahead, she knew how to ride a horse, he didn't. 'Alright, be careful, and don't get lost.' She put the girl on the horse, climbed on the saddle, and ran off.
'Is she okay?' Warren had found his way back to the house, the others were waiting for him. 'She's underfed, but she'll live, good thing you found her when you did.' Joe seemed to know quite a bit about healthcare. 'That's good, if you need me, I'll be in the woods, just yell.' he walked out of the door, and across the yard to the horse. 'Hey, wait up.' Anne ran out of the house, to Warren and his horse. 'I'm going too.' she said, out of breath. 'And have two people run around in the woods they don't know? No way.' Warren climbed on his horse and ignored the girl. 'I know you're still mad at me, don't act like you don't know it either!' she yelled at him, with her arms spread wide.
He had been searching the woods for a few hours, he didn't find anyone. It was late, so he decided he was going to go back to the farm. He walked in the woods, heading to the path. He looked through the trees, and saw a woman with a gun pointed at her face, two men with masks were robbing her. Warren got off his horse, grabbed his crossbow, and walked to them using trees and bushes as cover. The man with the gun spoke. 'That can't be all your stuff, no one has ever survived with only a pocket knife and some flowers.' he had a basket in his hand, he threw it on the ground. 'Just let her go man.' the second man said. Warren recognized neither of the voices. 'I'll just kill you, and loot the corpse' the woman screamed, then there was a gunshot. Warren got from behind the bush, stood up, aimed the crossbow at the man with the gun, and shot. The arrow went into his chest, straight through his heart. He looked at Warren, moved his lips, and then fell to the ground. The second man started to panic, he grabbed his gun, and fired a few shots into Warren's direction, but Warren jumped to the ground, so none of the bullets hit him. He pulled the pistol from his belt, and shot the man. He fell to the ground, but was still moving. Warren got up, kicked the pistol away from the mans feet, and looked at him. He was still alive, twitching his arms, and blood was coming from his mouth. 'We're a group' he said, with a lot of efford. 'They'll find you, and kill you.' he passed away. 'Yeah right.' Warren checked the woman, she was dead. 'What a shame.' he took the knife from the woman, and then rolled her to her stoumache. He walked back to his horse, and rode it to the farm.
When he walked in, everyone was eating dinner. 'Where were you?' Joe asked, eating a piece of chicken. 'Bandits.' Warren replied. 'Bandits?' the old man repeated. 'I found two, they killed a woman, I killed them. Before one of them passed away, he told me they had a bigger group, that they would find us, and kill us.' he took a bite of his chicken, it was still warm. Billy and Cindy looked at him like he was a killer, like it was strange that he was okay with killing two people he didn't know. Joe seemed a bit more understanding, and Betty couldn't be read for emotions. 'Shouldn't we move daddy?' Cindy sounded worried, and Billy agreed with her. 'No, let them come, we'll fight them.' Joe didn't seem worried at all, which was strange because he was an old man. 'Daddy, you said you wouldn't fight anymore, remeber?' Joe slammed down his knife and fork on the table. 'We have to do what has to be done, if they want to fight, they've got a fight.' he got up from the dinnertable, and left.

Cole.
He was staring at the road the road ahead of him, Steve was sitting next to him. Sandy was in the back. 'Where are we going?' Steve asked, the road ahead seemed empty. 'Should be some big stores ahead, maybe we can loot those for supplies.' they were driving around the city, in the parts that weren't overrun. Soon enough they saw a huge grey building, a huge sign outside said 'Outdoor XXL' with a picture of a laughing family in the snow. He drove to the door of the store, and they got out. 'We go in, and go out, as fast as possible. If there's trouble, you yell.' he took his backpack out of the car,  and swung it over his shoulders.
The store was big, it was filled with racks and shelves, a lot of them were empty, but there were small useful items here and there. Next to the door was a fireaxe, a red sign above it said 'In case of emergency, take axe.' Cole took the axe, and swung it around a bit. 'As much of an emergency as ever.' he walked into the store. He walked along the shelves, and he took a few cans of food laying around. There had been people before, but most of them were already dead. Luckly for the three, there were no zombies walking around. 'Hey Cole, take this, it'll come in use.' Steve came around the shelves, and handed him a large mountainclimbing backpack. 'Thanks' Cole took the items from his small backpack, and put them in the larger one. He had been carrying his own supplies, and Max' supplies, so the backpack had been full. 'Anything useful?' he yelled through the store. 'Not unless you want a whole lot of skiglasses, or a pair of gloves. The three of the came together in the middle of the store. 'You may want to take those, winter is coming soon.' he walked to the shelves where Steve came from, grabbed a pair of gloves, and put them in his backpack. 'I think that's all, we should get out before any of those things show up.' they walked to the door, but before they went out they saw zombies walking outside. 'Run for the car, I got this.' Cole held up the axe to show them he would be fine. He opened the door, and hit the nearest zombie in the head. The zombies fell to his knees, Cole put his foot on his chest pushed the zombie back, and pulled the axe from it's head. He swung it at another zombie, and cut its head off. The head landed on the ground, still biting. He stomped it with his foot. He looked up, an entire herd was coming at them, Steve swung the passager side door open, and yelled for Cole to come in. He wanted to stay and fight, but he didn't want to let the others behind, so he ran for the door and got in. 'You shouldn't be doing that.' they drove to the highway, and got away as fast as possible. 'I shouldn't, sorry.' he grabbed the axe with both hands, he was still angry at himself.
It was night, they had stopped at a gas station to loot it, get gas, and have a safe place to sleep. Cole had taken the first watch, despite the fact that Steve and Sandy both protested. Both of them were sleeping, and Cole was inspecting the shotgun they had in the car, it was out of ammo. He had it in his hands, looking at it, when the door opened. He turned around, still with the weapon in his hands, a man and a boy were standing in the opening. The moon was bright, so they could clearly see eachother. 'Don't shoot, please!' the man didn't know the shotgun was empty. 'Who the f**k are you?!' Cole yelled, it woke up the other two. They both grabbed their pistols and pointed it at the new people. 'Please, I'm William, and this is my son, we just want a place to stay.' the man put his hands in the air, his son didn't. 'How can we know you're not with a bigger group?' Sandy asked, the gun in her hand didn't make her sound sweeter. 'I was, I mean, we were, but they kicked us out, we've got a car and some supplies, we saw this place and thought we could stay, we didn't know you were here, I swear.' the man started to panic. Cole looked past the two, he saw a car with a few boxes in it. 'What do you think?' he asked his two friends. 'He's got no weapons on him, and he has a son, maybe we should give him a chance.' Sandy said, Steve was quite. 'What about you Steve?' Cole asked him. 'I don't care, I'll follow your lead.' he still had the gun aimed at the man. 'Alright, let's give them a chance.' Cole put the shotgun down. 'Don't get too comfortable, we're leaving tommorow.' he sat on some shelves, and told the two new people to get some sleep. He grabbed the axe and held it close, just in case.
The first light of the sun came over the horizon, Cole woke everyone up. They packed their supplies, and walked outside. 'Wait, I don't think I've proprely introduced myself, I'm William, and this is my son, Jeremy' the boy had long brown hair, it reached to his shoulders. 'Jer for short.' he said. William had thick blond hair, combed back. 'I'm Cole, the other guy is Steve, the girl is called Sandy.' he put the supplies in the trunk of his car, and closed it. 'Follow us, honk if you run out of gas, or if there's any other problem.' he got in the car, and started driving. 'Do you trust them?' Steve asked, he was in the passager seat again. 'I don't know, we'll see.' he didn't want to send them out again, especially not the child. 'If they're trouble, we'll kill them, we're not going to have another Charlie in the group.'


© 2013 Kirbyfactor


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
Added on December 4, 2013
Last Updated on December 14, 2013


Author

Kirbyfactor
Kirbyfactor

Rotterdam, Zuid Holland, Netherlands



About
Not much to say, I write stuff. more..

Writing
But But

A Poem by Kirbyfactor