Chapter 1 : Whatever It Takes

Chapter 1 : Whatever It Takes

A Chapter by Lee Loud Lewis

         “I done it,” Michael said to his self, as he sat at his desk in the office of his multi-platinum recording studio as he studied his most recent accomplishment. After holding auditions for nearly 300 girls around New York City, Michael had finally found the missing pieces to the puzzle that would complete his masterpiece. He was capable of discovering four talented and flawless beauties that he wanted to make into worldwide superstars-- that was his goal. He was well acknowledge that it required a lot of work, time, and energy  to capture the vision that he had especially considering the perks that went along with the music industry such as illegal downloads, rumors via the industries media, and negative blogs on the internet . He was willing to pour out his sweat, blood and tears if it was necessary. Michael was sure of the girls that he chose.  It was a long, stressful task for him due to the fact that there were plenty of talented young ladies to choose from, especially in New York, but he was comfortable with whom he had chosen to serve as his fantastic four.  


 Michael was a fine, young, educated bachelor. He was the perfect gentleman. He had a lovely caramel complexion, fine, curly black hair, and beautiful brown eyes that could make a woman throw her panties off in only a matter of seconds. The man was nearly a skyscraper. He stood six feet and four inches tall and very muscular. He believed that public image was important and he made sure that he always was well dressed when he left his multimillion dollar home. Michael was no stranger to the spotlight.  He was known for gracing his charm upon the world with the many acts that he had exposed to the music industry. However, they did not only like what he brought forward to the table of anxious music fanatics but they loved him.

               

  Michael was enthused about his new project. It was just what he needed,  especially after the downfall of his career. He invested his time, energy, and his money promoting his last solo pop artist, Kori Krystl. She had the face of a superstar and the body to match however; she was inexperienced in all areas of the industry. Her voice sounded like the annoying screech and had dance moves that needed to be put up in a time capsule and never to be dugged up again. He put so much money into promoting her singles, photo shoots, wardrobe, unsuccessful concerts and anything else that he felt a superstar was required to have.  His wife, Michelle, had told him it was a bad decision to singing Kori, but he was mesmerized with her looks.  He just figured Michelle was just jealous because he was working with another girl. Michael was also fed up with the music industry at the time, because of how every song on the radio sounded the same, most artists were lazy, and he wanted to just see if he could make a few bucks off of a Barbie. Kori was now somewhere on a d-list red carpet, thinking she was a mega superstar. He recently read that she would be doing a porno. Michael shooked his head. He promised himself that he would never work with hopeless, talentless individuals again.


Michael stared down at all four of the pictures that laid on his desk. The first picture that he looked at was a picture of Robyn. Robyn had perfectly white teeth and long brunette hair. He recalled her cover of “I Will Always Love You” by Whitney Houston and instantly had chills run down his back. Michael knew that the sung could not have been sung perfectly like Whitney, but he smiled at the sound that he remembered from Robyn’s cover. He knew she would make him proud.

He looked at the next picture. He remembered her name without looking at the name at the bottom at the picture. Giselle. This girl was the business. She spoke with class, and carried herself like an angel. She had an amazing voice. Michael could tell that she had proper training to control her voice by the way she sung.  Her dancing made her a sure choice in the can for the group.  “Instant star,” Michael said to himself.


As he went to the next picture, he thought of the arguments this girl caused with being selected into the group. Larissa… She had tried so hard to carry herself as a classy girl, but the attitude and sass just came right out of her. Michael had a hard time convincing his team to put this girl through the group, but he loved her personality.  Michael was sure that she didn’t have any coaching with her voice and dancing, but the talent was there. You always need raw talent when dealing with a group.


Last but not least, was Chloe. Her platinum blonde hair shined bright through her picture. Michael was still unsure about putting a Caucasian girl into the group, but he loved her. Her dancing was superior and it blew him away by how flexible she was. He wanted to wife her up in a heartbeat when she dropped to the ground and did a split. Although the singing was not up to par with the other girls, he thought of effects that would help her. She would shine through with her dancing.


Michael reached for  his office telephone to call his assistant Sarah. Sarah immediately came into the office, ready for her boss’s task he was about to give her. Sarah was about 28, but looked 40 from the bags under her eyes. Clearly she was tired, but she had barely been getting sleep helping Michael put together the group. “Sit Sarah,” Michael said nicely.  Sarah followed command. She knew he was in a good mood, from the softness in his voice. “We finally did it. I feel like we can make this group go to the top,” Michael continued. “I am going to need you to call up the girls and deliver the good news…and after that,” Michael reached for something in his desk. “I want you to take a five day vacation, and use this for a day at the spa.” Michael saw that Sarah needed a break.  He gave her a few hundreds to go blow. She wasn’t the hot assistant that always had his wife jealous of her being so close to him. Sarah’s hair was tangled, her nails needed an instant refill and, she was wearing flats. She never wore flats. “Thanks so much Mr. Michael!” Sarah said with joy. “You deserve it,” Michael explained. “I’m going to need you to inform the girls that they need to meet me at the studio at 12:30 Friday. It’s going to be the first time they will be meeting each other. Thanks so much Sarah, and enjoy your time off. Things will get busier. We are about to take over the world,” Michael smirked at Sarah. His knew that all his dreams about this group were about to come true.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



© 2012 Lee Loud Lewis


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Lee you've set the stage. Looking forward to what happends next.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I enjoyed this chapter ^_^
100/100

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

466 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 27, 2012
Last Updated on August 11, 2012


Author

Lee Loud Lewis
Lee Loud Lewis

Lafayette, LA



About
Hi, I am Lee! I absolutely love writing! I think I am pretty good at writing, but not the best. Music and writing will always have a place in my heart. I am 20 years old. I hope you guys enjoy the .. more..

Writing