Chapter 3 : Who Said This Would Be Easy?

Chapter 3 : Who Said This Would Be Easy?

A Chapter by Lee Loud Lewis
"

Sarah's job gets a little tough for her.

"

Sarah stood at the office door of Michael’s office. She knew he was really busy trying to get songwriters, producers to come in the studio and start working on the album for the girls. Sarah had contacted all the girls except one for the meeting that would be held tomorrow to discuss everything. Giselle, Robyn, and Chloe had all been eager and excited upon the news, but she couldn’t get in touch with Larissa. Larissa’s phone was disconnected. Sarah knew that this would make Michael’s skin boil… but she had to let him know what was going on.  She finally knocked on his door. Softly. She  was scared. She finally knocked hard enough to get his attention. Michael greeted her with a short smile and offered her to come in.

                

“Any good news for me Sarah,” he said as he took a quick sneak at Sarah’s chest. Sarah was a beautiful girl, but the b**b job she invested in last year worked so many wonders.  She felt a little creeped that he just stared at her b***s, but decided not to pay it any attention. “Actually, not so much…bad news,” she answered shyly. “Don’t tell me one of those ……” Michael coughed his self..” turned down my offer! Why would they waste my time,” Michael responded furiously. “No, that’s not it… I can’t get in contact with one of..’ Sarah tried to explain before Michael cut her off. “YOU CAN’T GET IN CONTACT WITH ONE OF THE GIRLS? DO I HAVE TO FIND A NEW ASSISTANT TO HANDLE A SIMPLE TASK AS THAT?!” Michael yelled. Sarah’s face got red just like the color of her hair. She wanted to quit at that moment, but really needed the money. She hated being disrespected. “Mr. Michael, I actually can’t get in touch with her because the number she gave is disconnected, she left no email address. The only thing we have on her is an address,” Sarah explained. It sounded like she wanted to cry.

               

  Michael saw that he had hurt Sarah’s feelings and apologized. “We are just going to have to go to the girls address, and invite her face to face,” Michael said to Sarah. “Who is the girl?” Michael asked.  “Larissa,” Sarah answered. “I believe she lives in Brooklyn,” she explained. “Grab your things,” Michael said to Sarah. “Lets get lunch on me, and find this girl.” Sarah knew Michael was serious about this girl group. To go out and find this girl in person, because of her irresponsible actions of putting a phone number that was out of service. Sarah really didn’t want to go out and find this girl, especially in Brooklyn, but she had a task she had to complete. At least Michael was going to be with her. 

 

  Michael decided to treat Sarah for lunch at Chipotle.  Sarah was still a little upset that Michael had yelled at her, but she was coming around. Sarah just thought about how she would be living in a few months if this girl group actually takes off. She thought of the huge raise she would get. With the raise, Sarah instantly thought of a huge shopping spree that she would splurge on her son. Sarah had a kid over a year ago. She was a single parent. Her mom took care of her son in Tennessee, while she was out in New York making money. Sarah had to promise her mom that she was serious about working here, and promised not to party. That was the only reason her mom agreed to watch her son. Sarah had no idea who the baby’s dad was. She had a few ideas on who could be her father could be, but she also shook the thoughts out of her head.  Sarah had become  a loose cannon when she moved to New York. She had never experience something so fantastic in a city, coming from boring Tennessee. Sarah shook the thoughts out of her head of her son, and instantly her eyes sparkling brown eyes got watery.

 

“What’s wrong Sarah?” Michael asked concerned. “Oh, nothing…” Sarah answered not wanting to talk about her son with Michael. She thought it was unprofessional. “I’m just ready to find this girl, so we can get to work and start making music,” Sarah said as she somewhat smiled. “Well, lets go ahead and find this girl, “ Michael said. “Let’s hope she didn’t put down the wrong address as well,” Sarah said jokingly laughing. “It’s gonna be a long day,” Sarah sighed as she got up. Michael paid the bill and tipped the waitress seventy dollars. Sarah just knew that the tip was going to make the waitress day. She loved how generous her boss was. As they both headed out to the limo, Sarah smiled and wished one day her son, Kyle, would be just like him. She loved that she was working for Michael, even though at times he did yell at her.  Sarah loved her job.

 

 

 

 

 

 



© 2012 Lee Loud Lewis


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

well written with strong characters, the reader is drawn into the story and held there well until the end

Posted 11 Years Ago


Lee Loud Lewis

11 Years Ago

Yes! Trying to find traits for each character is very hard, but I try!
Thanks for reading. Pos.. read more
I enjoyed the chapter :)
I'm looking foward to reading the next chapter
100/100

Posted 11 Years Ago


Lee Loud Lewis

11 Years Ago

Thank so much! I'm going to try and post the next chapter soon!
∠( ᐛ 」∠)_

11 Years Ago

Okay, I'll be waiting ^_^

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

353 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 11, 2012
Last Updated on August 11, 2012


Author

Lee Loud Lewis
Lee Loud Lewis

Lafayette, LA



About
Hi, I am Lee! I absolutely love writing! I think I am pretty good at writing, but not the best. Music and writing will always have a place in my heart. I am 20 years old. I hope you guys enjoy the .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Boss The Boss

A Story by Beau-dee-loot


My child My child

A Poem by V.J.C.