Being in the New World

Being in the New World

A Chapter by Chi chan
"

The First chapter of my FMA fanfic

"

The night was damp and cool after a rain-shower, some fog still stayed on the streets. But hidden in an ally way laid a young man with blond hair who was no more than at least 15, but he looked at least 13, his hair tied up in a short ponytail, wearing a red coat that was full body that showed his feet with a hood, the marking on the back was a cross with a serpent coming around he cross, with wings coming out of the top of the cross. With the wings holding a crown, wearing white gloves, he was knocked out cold next to a suit of armor that looked like medieval armor from an other world that looked like it was

empty, but a spirit lived in the armor, the blond hair boy was named Edward Elric he was just called Ed, stirred when a horse and buggy passed by.

 

        “Ow, my head, feels like someone took a sledge hammer to it,” groaned Ed.

 

        “Hey Al you alright?” he asked, the armored hand reached out from a trash can and grabbed his shoulder, Ed freaked out and jumped to other side of the ally way next to the wall, he looked over at the trash can, he saw the hand waving.

 

        “Brother, I'm right here and I'm alright,” answered the can, but it wasn't the trash can, it was the suite of armor.

 

        “What the hell Al!? You nearly gave me a heart attack! I thought the trash can came to life!” yelled Ed.

 

        “You know I could if I wanted to,” said the armor, as it stood up.

 

        “Yeah well,I like to live, where are we anyway? This doesn't look anything like Central,” said Ed, his younger brother Alphonse, or Al for short. Al's soul is tied to a peace massive, angular suit of armor, due to an incident that happen in their world years ago, they survived something that was forbidden in their world, in-doing so they payed the price. Ed stuck his head out from the ally way and looked around, it looked like another city from their world, but somehow it wasn't, the streets were empty, only fog and gas lit lamps to light the way and a clock going off to let it's dwellers know what time it was, Al followed his older brother into taking the streets.

 

        “Brother, maybe we should ask someone where we are,” suggested Al.

 

        “Need I remind you, a walking peace of armor without a human in it and yet somehow walking and talking would scare the locals, besides somehow I don't think we're in Central or anywhere else for that matter, along with that I don't want anyone getting the wrong impression about us,” explained Ed, as he did a peace of newspaper blew right into his face, Al pulled it off and looked for something that looked like a place name or date, he gasped, the language was the same as theirs but not the place or date.

 

        “Ed, look at this!!”exclaimed Al, he snatched the paper from his younger brothers armored hand, he too gasped.

 

         “Lo....London, 1896!?!? Where the hell is London!?” shouted Ed.

 

We need to walk around some, I need to clear my head, big time,” he added.

 

        “Maybe something will come to us, I hope,” said Al. The two walked around, hoping for an answer for some kind, but they found themselves in an unlikely place, they were a little wet from the damp night and fog, but that didn't slow them down one bit, Al looked over and through the fog he saw what looked like a stable of some kind and next to that a shop.

 

        “Hey maybe someone in that shop can help us,” said Al.

 

        “I wouldn't try it Al, besides they're closed, and, it's a toy shop, uh never seen one like that before, replied Ed.

 

        “But the lights are on,” Al told him, Ed noticed that someone was inside and quickly pulled Al out of sight under the window, and told him to hush, they could hear pacing around inside the shop and what sounded like talking between two men.

 

        “Brother why do we need to stay quite? Who evers in there might be nice and help us,” whispered Al.

 

         “I'm not taking chances, I'll peak up and try to hear what they're saying,” said Ed, as he peaked in he saw in the stable a Shire horse that was blue with light blue feathers, main and tail, with a white star in the middle of his forehead, his eyes a deep indigo. The man wore a toy-maker suit, with red hair with a mustache and sideburns, and wearing glasses, he seem to be talking to the horse.

 

        “Okay this guy is talking with a horse, he's cracked,” whispered Ed to himself.

 

        “Brother it sounds like the horse talking back to him,” Al told him.

 

Well shall we listen in on what he has to say,” added Ed.

 

        “It isn't nice to listen in on what other people are saying in private Ed,” Al pointed out.

 

        “Maybe it's something we can help him with, after all I am called `The Alchemist for the People`, I don't care if he doesn't want me to help him,” Ed told him, they listened in.

 

        “She should've been back it's almost 1 in the morning! I shouldn't have let her go alone,” said the man.

 

        “Hey you taught her right from wrong, and not to go with strangers, besides she can handle herself. She wanted to show you she could do this on her own, you know you'll have to cut the life-line before you even know it,” said the horse.

 

        “You know she's barely six years old! You should've gone with her!”

 

        ”Don't blame this on me!”

 

        “She's my only daughter! She's out there lost, alone and scared! You know we have to find her soon! I don't want to think about what kind of thugs roam the streets this time of night,”

 

         “I think we found out what we can help this guy,” Ed told Al. As he headed down the street.

 

        “Brother how can we?” asked Al as he caught up to his older brother.

 

        ”I heard him saying something about his young daughter not coming home from running an errand, so guess who's going to find her?” Ed told him.

 

        “Us? But what if we can't find her, maybe someone has taken her already,” Al pointed out, but Ed turned to him, and stood as tall as he could get to look at him.

 

        “Not true, did you remember hearing anything before we came to the shop?” asked Ed, Al pondered this for a second, then her remembered something as he snapped his fingers, and looked down at his brother.

 

        “Yes! I did hear something like someone crying, like a small child, more like a girl,” Al told his brother, as he ran down the street, Ed trying to catch up the running suit of armor.

 

        “Al wait up! Where are you going?!” yelled Ed.

 

        “I remember where I heard the crying coming from, hurry up brother!” Al shouted back at him. They were coming up on another ally, they could hear what sounded like crying, when they rounded the corner they found a young girl who looked no more than at lest 6, she had light brown with a red bow, wearing a blue coat. Her cheeks soaked with tears, she looked up at Ed and Al with tear-filled dark golden eyes.

 

        “See I told you brother, hey are you alright,?” said Al. She backed away some because she was frightened a little at the two of them, Al stepped forward a little toward her, as if he was going to help her, Ed stayed back to keep an eye for for anything thugs that might bother them.

 

It's alright, my brother and I just want to help you, you're lost aren't you?” Al told the girl kindly.

 

         “Please! I just want to go home!” wept the girl, Al's heart went out to her, so did Ed's in a way, he joined his brother.

 

        “That's why we're here, to take you home, we won't hurt you,” said Al as he knelt down to her, Ed just stood next him, not saying anything.

 

        “Dose your father work at a toy store not far from here?” asked Al, the girl nodded, Ed smiled a little to make her feel a bit better.

 

We just came from there, he's really worried about you,” said Ed. He had told her that she wasn't really that far from her home, and they agreed to take her back home.

 

        “By the way, my name is Alphonse and that's my older brother Edward, but everyone just calls us Ed and Al, what's your name?” said Al.

 

        “Olivia Victoria Flaversham,” she told them.

 

        “That's a pretty name,” said Al.

 

        “He's right, what's your dads name?” asked Ed.

 

         “Hiram,”she answered.

 

        “Well, we know where you live and your dad's name, so let's get you home before you catch cold out here,” Ed told her.

 

        “Really?!”

 

        “Sure, we're not bad people, not in the least,” said Al as he picked her up, and the two joined Ed, but just as they were about to leave, five thugs stood in front of them, they looked mean, “Not good,” said Al.

 

        “Well what are you three doing out here this time of night, dontcha know that you shouldn't be on London streets at this time of night, spically little shrimp like him,” one of the thugs said to Ed, he had a quick temper when people made fun of his hight.

 

        “Oh dear,” sighed Al.

 

        “What didcha just call me?!” yelled Ed.

 

        “Brother is sensitive about his hight, call him short or anything like that and he gets as mad as a wet bee,” Al told Olivia.

 

        “Al, take Olivia and get out of here, I'm fixing to pound the living day-lights out of these thugs,” stated Ed.

 

        “Brother, will you be alright fighting them?” asked Al sounding worried for his big brother.

 

        “Don't worry, I've fought off thugs like these before without you, now get her home, and I'll join you before you both know it, maybe you can introduce me and Al to your dad when we get you back home,” Ed told them.

 

Now what did you call me?” asked Ed, then he clapped his hands, a half length sword came from his right arm, then she saw that his whole right arm was like armor, Ed looked back and he knew that she was staring at his arm, he had to defend them at any cost, he didn't care if she saw or not.

 

        “Al take her! Go now!! I'll be alright!” shouted Ed, he took out two of the thugs as Al ran away with Olivia, the two thugs stood back up.

 

        “You little punk! Wait till I get my hands on you!!” shouted one of the thugs, Ed punched his lights out and kicked the other one hard in the jaw, when they were knocked out the other three got away, he dusted himself off and looked around for the other three thugs the worst thought hit him hard.

 

        “Great they went after Al and Olivia! I got to stop them before Al leads those thugs into Hiram's shop!” shouted Ed, he ran after them. After a while Al brought Olivia back to the shop, she looked happy for once.

 

        “That's it! That's my father shop! Thank you Al, and when you see Ed can tell him thank you for everything,” Olivia told him.

 

        “Sure, brother will be happy that you've made it home safely, tell your father about us, and try not to get lost anymore,” Al told her as he hugged her, he was about to set her down on the ground, when the three thugs came around him, Al stood in front of Olivia to protect her from the thugs, the three thugs looked like they were going to pound the two of them to the point of when no one would know who they were anymore.

 

        “I'm just trying to get the little girl home, we don't have any money of the sort if that's what you want,” said Al.

 

        “Maybe, but that armor of yours will fetch a good amount of money, but first let's pry you out of that suit!” shouted one of the thugs.

 

        “Al, can you move in that thing?” asked Olivia.

 

        “Sure, I can move like a cat in this thing, don't worry, just stay behind me, and before you know it you'll be back with your father,” answered Al. He fought off the thugs like he had been doing all his life, but just knocked them out, two of them stood back up, only this time they drew out daggers.

 

        “If this won't pry you out of that armor, then we'll...” but before the thug could finish something caught him off guard with what sounded like a horses battle cry, Al spun around fast and there rearing up was the blue Shire horse, the stallion brought his hoofs down with a crash like thunder, turned around and kicked the thug in the stomach, causing him to go down and hard, the stallion then turned to Al, who was still standing in front of Olivia, but then she bolted out from behind him and hugged the large horse.

 

        “BlueStar it's alright, he's protecting me and he was bringing me back to you and Daddy,”explained Olivia.

 

         “It's true, my brother and I found her and we're bringing her back home, I swear,” Al said.

 

         “We'll let your dad be the judge of that, he might have heard everything and will be out here soon,” said BlueStar. Just then one of the thugs came up behind Al with a pipe about to hit them with it when Ed showed up and kicked the thug right in the head, knocking out the pipe of the thugs hand.

 

         “Don't touch my little brother, and why don't you back off, trying to mug a little kid, you're so low,” stated Ed.

 

        “What's going on out here, BlueStar?” asked Hiram, Ed and Al turned to see him standing there on the street corner not far from his shop, he looked around and saw the three thugs laying on the ground in pain, then he looked at Ed and Al.

 

        “Did you two do this?” he asked.

 

        “Well yeah, they were trying to mug us and we had to defend ourselves, and they tried to mug your daughter,” answered Ed.

 

        “It's true sir, we found her and we were just trying to bring her...” Al started to say but then Olivia bolted out from under BlueStar, tears running down her face.

 

        “Daddy!!” she cried.

 

        “Olivia! Praise the Lord you're safe, I was so worried about you, I thought the worst when you didn't come home,” said Hiram as he hugged his daughter tightly.

 

        “Daddy, I'm so sorry, I got lost on my way home, and I tried so hard to get back to you I just....” cried Olivia as she hugged on her father's apron, he knelt down to her and she continued to cry on his shoulder, letting her emotion run as free as a wild horse.

 

        “Oh it's alright now my little Bairn, I'm just glad that your safe,” said Hiram, Ed smiled at reunited pair, he looked back at his brother and he nodded, Al did the same thing,

 

        “Brother, they look so happy now,” said Al.

 

        “Yeah, I say we did good Al, we better go,” said Ed, they turned to leave, Hiram looked up at them leaving, he picked up his daughter and wanted to think of a way to thank them for what they did for him.

 

        “Wait, Edward and, Alphonse was it? Thank you for saving my daughter and bringing her back home, I want to thank you anyway I can, please, you two just name it,” said Hiram, Al and Ed looked back at the two of them, then looked at each other.

 

        “Just the fact that you two are back together, is enough for us, Al let's go,” Ed said.

 

         “Brother, we have no where to go, and no home,” Al told him.

 

        “You guys are homeless?” asked BlueStar.

 

        “In a way yes, but we just arrived here,” answered Ed.

 

        “Maybe they could stay with us for a while, they don't have anyone else to turn to Hiram,” BlueStar pointed out.

 

        ”Can they Daddy? Please? They risked their lives to bring me back home, please? Daddy?” said Olivia, a small pause, then he looked at the two boys.

 

        “Well, you did save Olivia's life and I suppose for a few months wouldn't hurt,” said Hiram.

 

        “Yay!! I have big brothers!” cheered Olivia, Ed smiled and Al nodded in agreement with his brother, but was a bit worried about staying with them, was there going to be enough room for all of them, BlueStar did live in a stable but there was a matter of where the humans would stay.

 

        “You don't mind sir?” asked Al.

 

         “Not at all, we have extra space behind my shop, you two can use that as a extra bedroom, I have small space but we can all make due with what we have, and please you can call me Hiram or Mr. Flaversham if you want,” answered Hiram.

 

        ”Well if you want us to,” Ed started to say but Al cut him off.

 

        “Well pay you back some how, Hiram,” said Al.

 

        “Just what you two have done for a kind toymaker like myself, is enough for me,” said Hiram as he hugged his daughter.

 

        “You're a toymaker?” asked Ed.

 

        “Yes, I'm quite well known, but we can talk about that inside, out of this dreary weather,” said Hiram.

 

        “Works for me,” said Ed, then he sneezed.

 

        “Sounds like you're catching a cold brother,” said Al.

 

        “Guess I'm not used to this kind of weather, let's get inside,” said Ed, they sat down and talked for a bit, Hiram made himself and Ed some tea, Al told him that he wasn't thirsty, and that was alright with him.

 

        “So you guys are from an other world where alchemy rules in a way?” asked BlueStar.

 

        “You could say that, it's more like a way of life for some, but Al and I were brought up with it in a way,” answered Ed as he took a sip of tea.

 

         “But two things are forbidden by this, you can't make gold from lead and you can't bring back someone who is dead,” Al told them.

 

        “Interesting, might I ask how you two became the way you are now?” asked Hiram, Al and Ed looked at each other, then Ed stood up and looked at Hiram.

 

         “Sorry Hiram was it? But Al and I are beat, if you don t mind we're going to get some sleep, can we talk about this in the morning?” said Ed.

 

        “Yes, of course, the room is set up, so just make yourselves at home,” Hiram told them, as he lead the two boys into the guest-room.

 

        “Thanks for taking us in, at least for the night,” said Ed.

 

        “We'll do anything to pay you back, we really mean it,” Al told him.

 

        “You really are determine for payback, how about this, you two help me out in my shop and looking after Olivia, and you get free meals and bored. Sounds fair enough to you both?” said Hiram.

 

        “Free food and staying somewhere for free? Sure fair enough of a deal to me, that sound good to you Al?” replied Ed.

 

        “Yeah, I like that, okay then, it's a deal,” said Al.

 

Al and Ed couldn't sleep, they each had their own beds, but the comfort of a real bed wasn't the reason they couldn't sleep, Ed outstretched his auto-mail arm to the sky, his mind was buzzing around with questions, was anyone else with them when they came to this world? How would they understand the alchemy from their world? What awaits them here? How would they get back home?

 

        “Brother are you asleep?” asked Al.

 

        “Not really, thinking of too much right now, questions going through your head too?” answered Ed.

 

        “Sort of, we should make the most of what we can here, I mean Hiram is a nice man and all, not a bad bone in his body, and Olivia's pretty cute too, besides she like us. BlueStar might have to warm up to us though,” Al told him.

 

        “Good to hear, and you're right, Hiram's a nice guy. Maybe we can offer our protection for him and Olivia, payment just the same,” said Ed.

 

        “Sounds fair, but what do they need protection from? It's not like they have any enemies, who would hate them? They're the kind of people you would want to be friends with,” Al said to him.

 

        “You never know, drunken local, competitor, what ever comes our way, we'll handle it like always, now get some sleep, we got to get used to this place,” Ed told his younger brother, and the two fell asleep.

 

Ed slept in late the next morning, while Al got up and helped Hiram make some breakfast and some cleaning, he didn't stir until he heard knocking at the guest room door.

 

        “Ed are you awake?” asked the young voice, it was Olivia.

 

        “Uh, yeah, sort of, I guess it'll be a while to adjusted to things around here, wait out there for a bit while I get dressed. Hey where's Al?” answered Ed, when he was done getting dressed Olivia came in.

 

        “Al? Oh yes he's helping Daddy loading up some things and helping him clean up some,” Olivia told him as she lead him down a small hallway.

 

        “Oh good morning brother,” he heard Al say.

 

        “Morning Al, uh, what are you guys doing, getting ready to head out somewhere?” asked Ed, when he saw his younger brother hooking up BlueStar to an open air cart, it also looked like he and Hiram were loading up some toys in the back.

 

        “Some what, Hiram is donating some of his unsold toys to local charities and hospitals, I'm going along to help him,” explained Al.

 

        “Well I guess our hunch was right, not a bad bone in his body, you guys going to be gone long?” said Ed with a smile.

 

        “Daddy, can I come with you and Alphonse?” asked Olivia.

 

        “I don't mind her coming along Hiram,” said Al.

 

        “Just make sure this young colt isn't left home alone,” said a female voice, Ed turned around and saw a beautiful mare, she was Arabian build, her body was pure white, her mane and tail were a ice sapphire blue, but her eyes were like blue jade.

 

        “Oh hey, Ed, Al, this is my mate Moondacner. Moondacner this is Ed and Al, they're going to be staying with us for a while,” said BlueStar.

 

        “Well nice to meet you both,” said Moondacner.

 

        “You two watch yourselves, we'll be back in a while,” BlueStar told them, and then they left.

 

Moondacner took to this chance to get to know Ed, she had so many questions for him, about his world, what happen to him and Al, but she waited to ask him about that.

 

        “BlueStar saids that you're from a other world with your brother,” said Moondacner.

 

        “Yeah, I guess you could say that, it's just going to take some time to get used to this place, I mean alchemy doesn't exist here right?” asked Ed.

 

        “It did, many years ago, but it was to turn any metal into gold, that's something that's forbidden in your world right?” Moondacner told him.

 

        “Yeah, and to bring back some one who is dead is strictly forbidden,” said Ed.

 

        “Sounds like `Frankenstein` but it's all science just the same,” said Moondacner as she shook her mane.

 

        “Never heard of that book before,” Ed told her.

 

        “It's somewhere around here, you'll have to find it,” said Moondacner. Ed started to look for the book, when a photo caught his eye. It was of a very beautiful woman, she was wearing a dress that would be worn at the opera, she had shoulder length light brown hair. And her eyes were such a lovely shade of emerald green.

 

        “Hey Moondacner, do you know who this lady is?” Ed asked her as he showed her the photo, Moondacner looked at it carefully.

 

        “Oh yes, Hiram and BlueStar told me about her, that's Elaina, Hiram's wife,” answered Moondacner.

 

        “I haven't seen her yet, are they separated or something?” said Ed. Moondacner's eye turned sad as she looked at him.

 

        “No, she became violently ill one day, a few months later her body couldn't take it anymore, she died. I didn't get the chance to meet her, I wish I had,” said Moondacner.

 

        Ed stared back at photo, he couldn't believe it, Olivia had lost her mother the same way he and Al did when they were younger, they both knew that kind of pain, he sighed and looked back at her. He looked at his right hand, knowing the price he payed trying to bring the dead back to life. Moondacner could tell he was getting mad, at what she didn't know.

 

        “I....I need to show you something, please don't tell Hiram or Olivia, not even BlueStar can know, not yet anyway,” Ed told Moondacner. He took off his glove, showing a metal hand and fingers, then he took off his red coat, then his black military style jacket reviling a metal arm, all the way up to Ed's shoulder was made not of flesh, but of metal. The arm looked like it was made of technology that was not of this world, but it looked like it came a suite of armor.

 

        “This is, the price I had to pay, for trying to bring back the dead. Last night, when Al and I were bringing Olivia back home, we ran into some thugs, I had to use this arm to fight back, I think Olivia saw my arm. I guess I'm too scared to tell her the truth about what happened,” said Ed as he looked over his arm.

 

Moondacner nuzzled the boy, she looked at him with a kind look in her eyes. Ed looked up at her, knowing she meant well and cared for him.

 

        “To be honest, all I see is a caring person, who only wants to protect those he loves. Something tell me that's what she sees also, not the metal arm, but a caring big brother. Who, much like her father, will do anything to protect her,” Moondacner told him.

 

Ed's eyes widened, Moondacner nuzzled him. Ed threw his arms around Moondacner's neck and hugged her tightly.

 

        “Do....do really think so?” asked Ed.

 

        “Of course, young alchemist,” answered Moondacner. Suddenly they heard a ruckus outside, people were running down the street, Ed noticed and opened the window to hear what they were saying, like them he also wanted to know what was going on.

 

        “Hey what's going on?” Ed asked a man running down the street.

 

        “Something spooked a horse and the cart it was pulling turned over, there's a suite of armor with the cart,” answered the man then he kept running down the street. Ed looked back at Moondacner with a worried look on his face.

 

        “Al, something happen to them,” said Ed, Moondacner stepped outside.

 

        “My bridal is hanging on a nail in the stable, slip it on and we'll go see what happen with BlueStar and your brother,” Moondacner told him.

 

Ed did what she said, but granted he had a little trouble mounting her, she stood at lest 16 hands taller than him. Moondacner saw him trying to struggle to get on her back, she took pity on him and knelt down for his sake.

 

        “Let's get going!” shouted Ed.

 

They only had to go one block before they found a bunch of people gathered around a fallen cart, Ed could see BlueStar, trying to get back on his feet, screaming and kicking, the cart was completely over-turned. Moondacner made her way through the crowd toward the over-turned cart.

 

        “Al!” shouted Ed as he quickly dismounted Moondacner and rushed over to the cart.

 

        “We're alright brother,” he heard Al's voice, the suite of armor moved the crashed cart peaces off himself, Hiram was underneath Al, it was apparent that Al shielded Hiram from the fall.

 

        “What the hell happen to you guys?!” yelled Ed.

 

        “It was a chimera Ed, it came out of nowhere and attack us,” Al told him.

 

        “WHAT?! Are you sure Al?!” Ed yelled again, Al nodded, Ed felt someone grab his sleeve, it was Hiram, he looked at Ed with panic in his eyes, he knew something happen.

 

        That creature....Ed, that monster took my daughter! Please save her!” begged Hiram, Ed's heart stopped and his eyes widen. He stood in silence for a few seconds.

 

        “Do you remember which way it ran off in?” Ed asked them.

 

        “It ran off that way, you have to hurry Ed! She's in real danger!” answered Al as he pointed toward a street to his left. Ed went back to Moondacner, again she knelt down to let him on her back once again.

 

        “Al, stay here and help Hiram and BlueStar. I'm going after the chimera,” said Ed.

 

        “Just be careful brother, we'll catch up to you as quick as we can,” Al told his brother. Ed tapped Moondacner's sides and they were off. They had only gone three blocks when they heard a roar and scream, Ed knew that the scream was Olivia's and the roar belonged to the chimera that took her. Ed jerked Moondacner's rains to the right after the fourth block, as soon as they rounded a corner, Moondacner reared up, Ed nearly fell off her, but when she landed he saw the chimera. The creature looked like it was part lion and part dragon, it's front half was a lion but horns like a wild bull, the back half was more dragon like, with a tail to match.

 

        The chimera had Olivia cornered up, it's mouth dripped with drool as if it hadn't eaten in months, Ed quickly dismounted Moondacner and ran over to the chimera, kicked it in the jaw, stood between Olivia and the chimera.

 

        “E....Ed!?” whimpered Olivia.

 

        “Don't worry, your dad, Al and BlueStar are on their way here, you alright?” asked Ed. Olivia nodded.

 

        “Good, now just stay behind me!” stated Ed, he clapped his hands together and placed them on the ground, a pale blue light shone around him. He was pulling a spear from the ground, as if he was pulling it from water, it was a golden color, almost as tall as Ed. The tip holding the blade looked like a dragon, the blade itself looked golden.

 

        “You want her ugly!? Then you're going to have to fight me first!” yelled Ed.

 

        The chimera paced in front of Ed, as if to be sizing him up, Moondacner could see a fight was about to happen, she ran over to Olivia and stood in front of her, Olivia stood under the mare.

 

        “Moondacner, what's going to happen to Ed?” asked Olivia, who sounded scared.

 

        “He'll be alright, it seems he fought these things before, just stay behind me, your father and BlueStar shouldn't be far I can smell them,” answered Moondacner.

 

The fight between Ed and the chimera raged on, fangs and claws clashing with metal and pavement, Olivia clinged to Moondacner's leg, not wanting to see the battle playing out before her. Just as things were heating up, Ed thrust the spear into the stomach of the chimera, he flipped the beast and it landed not far, still breathing, but screaming in pain, before becoming silent. Ed looked at the beast while catching his breath.

 

Moondacner couldn't believe it, for a young fighter like Ed to defeat a creature like that. She shook her head, pawed at the ground and nickered, clearly Ed was on a hole other level than her or BlueStar. Ed dropped his spear and looked back at them, Olivia rushed out from underneath Moondacner and hugged Ed tightly.

 

        Ed placed his hands on her shoulders, trying to calm her down, it was clear she was scared by what just happen, she cried on his shirt, Moondacner joined them.

 

        “It's alright now, your big brother took care of it,” said Ed.

 

        `This boy, he fought off a creature three times bigger than he is, to protect Olivia and his fighting style is like nothing I've ever seen, this boy, this child, this young alchemist. Who is he?` thought Moondacner.

 

        “Ed....wha....what was that thing?” asked Olivia as she whimpered.

 

        “It's called a chimera, it's very dangerous. Just what exactly happen?” answered Ed. Olivia wiped away some tears from her face as Ed knelt down to her hight, his hands still on her shoulders.

 

        “We were coming back from one of the hospitals, the chimera jumped out of nowhere and spooked BlueStar so bad that he turned everything over then it grabbed me and ran off, that's all,” Olivia told him.

 

        “BROTHER!!!” Ed heard a voice yelling for him, he turned to see BlueStar, Al and Hiram running to greet them, Ed stood up and dusted himself off. By now he could still hear BlueStar's thundering hooves, it reminded him a approaching storm, BlueStar stopped right in front of Ed.

 

        “Ed!?! Are you guys alright?!” asked Al sounding worried.

 

        “Yeah, I'm fine Al,” answered Ed.

 

        “You should've seen Ed fight BlueStar, I've never seen anything like it,” Moondacner told her mate as she nuzzled him.

 

        “I'm just glad all of you are alright,” BlueStar told them. Al looked over at the what he thought was a dead chimera.

 

        “Ed, you must be a angel in disguise, you've save my daughter twice, I really don't how to thank you for all of this,” Hiram told Ed as he hugged his daughter. Ed smiled and shrugged his shoulders.

 

        “Hey, she's safe and everyone's alright, that's all that matters,” said Ed. Suddenly Ed felt Al tapping a his shoulder.

 

Al whatever it is, it can wait,” Ed told him.

 

        “I don't think it can Ed, but don't tell me, tell him,” Al told his brother as he turned Ed toward the chimera, it was standing up and breathing.

 

        “Wha......I thought I'd.....damn! You just don''t know when to stay down to ya ugly?!” snapped Ed as he grabbed his spear again, Al was on the defiance along with Moondacner and BlueStar.

 

        “Al, protect Hiram and Olivia, don't let this chimera near them!” stated Ed.

 

        “Leave it to me brother,” said Al. As the chimera charged at the small group a gun shot went off sending the creature to the ground, a bullet hole was through the skull, and the person holding the smoking gun was a sixteen year old girl.

 

        “That'll teach that bloody blow-heart to mess with you guys,” said the girl, she had reddish hair that came down to her shoulders, her eyes were a lovely shade of blue, also she was wearing a choker with the part of the choker with blue stone the size of a small pebble was a deep red. She had a slender build to her. The girl wore a black skirt that came down to her ankles with black shoes to match, her top was sort of a deep teal green, it was also long sleeved. She tossed back her hair a bit, sighed and placed the gun back in a hidden case she kept at her side and smiled at everyone.

 

        “Hey thanks for saving us miss....um...” Ed started to say, but he didn't even know the girls name, she came over to them.

 

        “No trouble, oh my name's Sarah, Sarah Kelly Manchester, sorry if I scared you,” said the girl.

 

But I'd like to know who all of you are,” added Sarah.

 

        “Oh, I'm Alphonse Elric and this is my older brother,” said Al but Ed cut him off just about to introduce his brother to the girl.

 

        “The name's Edward Elric, but everyone just calls us Ed and Al,” Ed told her.

 

        “Elric? Never heard that name before, you two aren't from around here are you?” asked Sarah. Ed had to think of something quick, how would he explain that he and Al were from a other world, he just wouldn't, he told her a little white lie.

 

        “Well you are right, Al and I are from....from....” Ed quickly turned to Al.

 

Quick Al, we need to tell her where we're from, and I don't mean our world,” Ed whispered to Al.

 

Al pondered for a second, but nothing. “Brother I'm open for anything, but I got nothing,” whispered Al, Sarah over heard them.

 

        “Judging from your accents I'm guessing you're from America,” said Sarah.

 

        “Uh..yeah that's right, Al and I are from America, we're just visiting some friends of my mothers,” Ed told Sarah.

 

        “Oh so you and Al are friends with the Flaversham's? I've known them for a while,” Sarah told them,

 

        “So you know Hiram and Olivia?” asked Al.

 

        “Oh yes, Olivia seems to look at you both as her brothers, this is a first, she looks to me like a big sister, nice to have some help,” said Sarah as she hugged Olivia.

 

        “It's true, I have no other children, Olivia's my only daughter, she's the only gift my wife gave me before she left this world,” Hiram told them.

 

        “Yeah, Moondacner told me about her, but don't dwell on the past, not right now anyway,” said Ed.

 

        “Seeing as you boys are new in town, how about coming by my house tomorrow, I don't live far from here,” Sarah told them.

 

        “Sounds like fun,” said Ed, Al nodded in agreement.

 

        “I've been over to house a lot, I can show you. Can I come too?” asked Olivia tugging at Ed's sleeve.

 

        “I don't see why not, but you better ask your dad if it's alright,” Al told her.

 

        “To be honest, I don't see any trouble with that, just make sure she behaves herself,” said Hiram.

 

        “Don't worry Hiram, I've rain in Ed once in a while, Olivia's no trouble,” said Al, Ed heard his name mentioned.

 

        “What was that Alphonse?!” snapped Ed.

 

        “Oh, nothing brother,” said Al calmly.

 

        “Well then, I'll see all of you at my place tomorrow at 11:00 sharp, don't be late,” Sarah told them, they all waved good-bye and went their own way.

 

Later on that evening, the two brothers were exhausted from the days events and went to sleep a little after midnight, Ed didn't know how he would tell Sarah about where they were from or what happen to them before they came to this world, he decide to leave her in the dark for the time being.

 

        “Ed, you asleep yet?” asked Al.

 

        “Not yet, just a little nervous about seeing Sarah tomorrow. The only one I've shown my auto-mail to is Moondacner, and that was before the whole chaos thing with the chimera,” answered Ed.

 

        “About explaining to her what happen to us, it won't be easy, we haven't even told Hiram and Olivia yet about what happen to us,” replied Al.

 

        “Well we can't tell them, not yet anyway,” Ed told his younger brother.

 

        “Sooner or later they'll find out,” said Al.

 

        “When they do, I'll explain everything, how they will react afterwards, I don't know,” said Ed, then he turned over and fell asleep.



© 2009 Chi chan


Author's Note

Chi chan
Just enjoy it

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
Added on June 5, 2009


Author

Chi chan
Chi chan

Western North Carolina, NC



About
I enjoy painting, singing, writing my fanfics about Great Mouse Detective, Phantom of the Opera, Bleach x-overs, and Ronin Warriors, I mostly do one shots, but others are stories, so I hope to upload .. more..

Writing
Hurt within Hurt within

A Story by Chi chan


Broken inside Broken inside

A Story by Chi chan