Chapter 2: A New Friend and New Threat

Chapter 2: A New Friend and New Threat

A Chapter by Chi chan
"

The second chapter of my FMA fanfic

"

The next morning, Ed woke up a little late, when Al came in to remind him that the three of them were suppose to be at Sarah's house in about twenty minutes. Ed shot up and quickly got dressed. As they were leaving, BlueStar stuck his head out of his stable.

 

        “You guys just watch yourselves,” BlueStar told them.

 

        “And don't come back too late,” said Hiram.

 

        “Don't worry, we'll be back before you know,” Ed told him.

 

        “I'll make sure they behave, I'll keep a tight leash on Ed,” said Al.

 

Ed pouted when he heard his younger brother say that, they waved good-bye and left. As promised, Olivia lead the brothers to Sarah house, they went passed the blocks where they encountered the chimera.

 

        “Come on, it's not much farther,” Olivia told them as she pulled on Ed's left arm to get him to hurry, Ed smiled and gave a small laugh. “Alright, alright, we're in no hurry,” said Ed.

 

        “Calm down Olivia, you don't want to pull Ed's arm, he might not like that,” Al told the girl.

 

        “Sorry, I guess I'm just a little excited, I know Winchester will love both of you,” said Olivia.

 

        “Who's Winchester?” asked Ed.

 

        “Sarah's dog, he's very friendly, Sarah raised him from a puppy. Oh we're here!” answered Olivia as they rounded the corner, the boys couldn't believe it.

 

        “This is her house?!” exclaimed Ed.

 

        “It's more like a mansion! Are we even at the right place?!” said Al in shock, ahead of them was a large two story house, brick build, a well kept garden lined the outside, hedges that anyone would envy. Also a paved foot-path laid out in front of them leading up to two large dark wood front doors.

 

        “Sarah lives with her grandmother, she's very rich,” Olivia as they all entered on the grounds.

 

As they all passed some bushes they rustled, Ed took noticed, suddenly some huge jumped from the bushes, landed right on Ed's back, it was a dog, a large one, they heard about the breed, it was called a German Shepherd. It sat right on Ed's back, it's tail wagging like crazy.

 

        “Oh.....this brings.......back memories.....someone get him off.....he's crushing my spine.....” gasped Ed.

 

A window on the second floor opened up, Sarah stuck her head out and saw her friends had arrived, and also took noticed with the actions with the dog.

 

        “Winchester!! Bad dog, you know better than to jump on the guests like that! Get off him now!” she yelled. Al looked up and saw her, she also noticed them and waved.

 

        “Hi Sarah!” yelled Al.

 

        “Hello boys, glad you could make it, hang on I'll be right down.” Sarah shouted down, she closed the window.

 

        “So this must be her dog, Winchester,” said Al, as he got the dog off his brother, Ed dusted himself off and the three friends headed toward the large doors, with Winchester following them close behind. As they approached the doors, they opened and Sarah stood there to greet them.

 

        “So glad you boys could make it, you've been in England long?” asked Sarah as she poured some tea into four cups.

 

        “To be honest, we got here yesterday, so we haven't seen much of London,” answered Ed.

 

        “How about I show you around town? Once you see London you both might like it here,” Sarah told them.

 

        “That sounds like fun, we haven't seen much of this city,” said Al.

 

        “Great! Finish up and we'll get going,” said Sarah with a big smile on her face. They all quickly finished their tea, Sarah went and got Winchester's leash and they were off.

 

Their first stop was Westminster Abby, then the Tower of London was next, when Sarah told them it might be haunted, Al freaked out a little. Not far from that was Big Ben.

 

        “All of London goes by this clock, it's chiming can be heard all over the city,” Sarah explained them, shortly after she said that the clock chimed 12:00, they all thought it best to take a break for lunch, Sarah took them to a local restaurant. After lunch they went on their way, Sarah took them to Piccadilly Circus, then she showed them Buckingham Palace, their last stop was a park not far from Sarah's house, they watched the sunset.

 

        “To be honest, I never knew a place like this was even real,” Ed told Sarah.

 

        “I'm glad you guys like it here, you and your brother are a little bit odd,” said Sarah, Ed nearly fell off the bench he was sitting on, Sarah giggled.

 

        “I like odd things,” she told him.

 

        “Rel....really?!” exclaimed Ed. Sarah nodded, then she took a hold of his right hand, Ed was unsure what she was going to do, her eyes held a sad look with a kind smile.

 

        “How long has your arm been metal?” Sarah asked him. She knew! Ed jerked his hand out from her grasp, as is he was hiding it, she pulled off the glove reviling the metal hand, she didn't pull back or look in horror.

 

        “You could tell?” Ed asked Sarah.

 

        “I'm not that blind Edward, I knew something was off with you two since we met, you don't have to hide it with me or your friends. That's what friends do, they tell each other these kind of things, others from here might not understand cause your not from around here. You and your brother did a awful sin and you both are paying the price,” answered Sarah, looking up at the sky.

 

How long has Al's soul been attached to that suite of armor?” she added as looked on at Al playing with Winchester and Olivia.

 

        “He was ten, it's been five years now, too long I've searched for a way to get our bodies back, and I've tried so hard, and nothing to show for it,” answered Ed.

 

        “You still have a ways to go, you'll find a way to get back what you lost,” said Sarah.

 

        “I guess,” said Ed. Suddenly Olivia ran into Ed's arms, holding some flowers, Ed and Sarah smiled at her.

 

        “Ed, look! I found some flowers for you and Daddy, do you think he'll like them?” she asked.

 

        “Yeah, he will cause I like them too,” Ed answered her.

 

        “It's getting late, I guess you guys should get home, starting to get cold too,” Sarah told them, Ed could see his breath and her breath also.

 

        “We can at lest walk you home Sarah,” said Al.

 

        “Nice of you boys to do that,” replied Sarah.

 

The two brothers escorted Sarah back to her house.

 

        “I hope to see you guys around,” said Sarah.

 

        “It was really fun, thanks for showing us around,” Al told her.

 

They left her house, Ed was carrying the flowers that Olivia had picked, he walked in silence while Al carried a now sleeping Olivia on his shoulders, Ed turned to his younger brother, Al stopped he thought something was wrong.

 

        “Sarah knows Al,” said Ed.

 

        “Knows what brother?” asked Al.

 

        “Knows about my auto-mail arm and leg, and she knows about your soul attached to the suite of armor, she isn't afraid, I think she wants to help,” answered Ed.

 

        “You think so? If she isn't scared of your auto-mail and my soul being attached to this armor, then I guess she's someone we can really trust, aside from Hiram,” replied Al.

 

        “I guess so,” said Ed as he looked up into the night sky, he could see his breath forming in the crisp night air. Suddenly some huge and white ran right into him, sending Ed flying backwards till he hit his head on a near-by lamp-pole.

 

        “What the?!” exclaimed Al.

 

        “Who....the hell was that?!” yelled Ed. They saw that it was Moondacner, just trying to get on her feet, Olivia woke up when she heard the chaos.

 

        “Moondancer! What are you doing here?!” asked Al.

 

        “Oh Edward! Alphonse! Thank the Gods I found you both! You both have to come back with me, quickly!” said Moondacner in a hurried voice.

 

Quickly Al I need you to place Olivia on my back, you two will have to run,” she added.

 

        “What's going Moondancer! Is Daddy alright?!” asked Olivia sounding worried.

 

        “I don't know, BlueStar just told me to get out and find you and the boys,” answered Moondacner.

 

        “Explain it to us on the way! If this is urgent we got to go now!” yelled Ed.

 

        “Hurry, fly yearling's with the wind at your side!” cried Moondacner as she reared up part-ways, Ed took this chance and jumped right on to Moondacner's back, Al couldn't jump on the horses back because of his armor.

 

        “Moondancer just what the heck is going on?!” questioned Ed while trying to hand on to Moondacner's main as she ran at top speed with Al keeping up easy.

 

        “These strange men showed up with a girl and black dog, I knew that these people couldn't be trusted, Hiram was arguing with them, BlueStar stepped in, then he told me to go out and find all of you.” explained Moondacner.

 

        “Why didn't you stay and help him?” asked Ed.

 

        “I was just about to get into a fight with BlueStar about that, but he said no argument, he when saids that he means don't even think of disobeying him. I don't know if things are heating up, I guess we'll see when we get back,” answered Moondacner.

 

        “I just hope we're not too late,” Ed told himself quietly.

 

Moondacner rounded a corner at near top speed, only to be spooked by a large black dog, she reared up with Ed and Olivia falling off her back, Al rushed over to them to protect them from the dog.

 

        “That's enough BloodMoon!” ordered a girl.

 

The girl looked about Sarah's age, she had near waist length deep blue hair, she was dressed in a gray in a three-quarter length shirt, that showed her shoulder while the other half cut low enough on her shoulder that it showed her underarm, her skirt was a darker gray and was cut just half way about her calf with a small slit in the front, she also wore black boots, her eyes were a smoky dark blue.

 

        “About time the alchemist returned,” spoke the girl, Moondacner knew her accent.

 

        “You're French,” said Moondacner.

 

        “Correct, Mon Cherie, only I'm half French, my father was from Paris, my mother was from England, but I take after my dear father,” replied the girl.

 

        “What's your name? What are you doing here?” asked Al.

 

        “My name is Sasha, Sasha Marie DuPoine, and you've already met my dog, BloodMoon,” answered the girl.

 

But we are here for our own reasons, now then toy-maker we need an answer, you work for us or what?” added Sasha.

 

        “My answer is the same as it was the last time you came by, I told you no!” stated Hiram, Sasha smirked, a man who looked like he was in his twenties stood next to Sasha holding a gun. BloodMoon growled and had Olivia cornered up, Al and Moondacner tried to step in but BloodMoon snapped at them every time they got close.

 

        “You seem to forget, both myself and my boss know your one weakness,” Sasha told Hiram as the man clicked the gun, Ed, BlueStar and Hiram froze.

 

        “You wouldn't!” shouted Hiram.

 

        “Try me,” said Sasha coldly, she snapped her fingers, BloodMoon pinned the child up to a wall with his front paws, Olivia struggled to get out of the dog's grip. Ed tried to rush the dog but a thug grabbed him and punched him in the stomach hard.

 

        “Brother!!” yelled Al.

 

        “Dear Lord!! Edward!!” shouted Hiram.

 

        “This is getting out of hand, enough!” shouted BlueStar. Hiram rushed over to Ed who was holding his stomach in pain, trying to breath.

 

        “Well, I guess matter's can be taken into our own hands,” said Sasha.

 

        “What do you mean by that Sasha?” asked a thug.

 

        “Boss gave us orders that if he wasn't persuaded one way, then we resort to other ways,” Sasha told the thug.

 

        “Let go of me! Help! Daddy!” shouted Olivia.

 

        “Please! Do what you want with me, just don't hurt my daughter!” begged Hiram.

 

        “Orders are orders, BloodMoon! Rip the girl's throat out!” shouted Sasha.

 

But before the dog's teeth could even touch Olivia's throat, Al grabbed BloodMoon's tail and jerked him back hard as he said.

 

        “Get off of her!!” shouted Al. BloodMoon lunged at him but Al punched him back.

 

        “That's enough! Don't waist your bullets boys, not on them,” Sasha told them, BloodMoon ran back to his mistress. BlueStar came and stood in front of Sasha, Olivia ran to her father and hid behind him, Al and Ed stood next to them.

 

        “Just get out of here Sasha,” BlueStar told her.

 

        “Fine, just remember, boss will get you to work for us, one way or another,” Sasha told Hiram as she shot Olivia a cold look, Olivia let out a yelp and clinged tighter to her father, her eyes shut tight, Sasha and the thugs left.

 

        “What was that all about?” asked Al.

 

        “Those thugs have been hounding me for some time, they work for a very dangerous crime lord, he saids he wants my skills, but I know it's for an evil purpose, and I want nothing apart of it. He's even going as far to threating my daughter,” answered Hiram.

 

As soon as Ed got his breath back in him, he stood and looked at his younger brother, he got an idea.

 

        “I think Al and I can help you there,” Ed told Hiram.

 

        “Ed's right we'll help, no one threateneds our friends and gets away with it,” said Al.

 

        “Thank you boys I knew you were a godsend!” Hiram told them.



© 2009 Chi chan


Author's Note

Chi chan
Sorry I got this done a while back just forgot to post it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
Added on July 4, 2009


Author

Chi chan
Chi chan

Western North Carolina, NC



About
I enjoy painting, singing, writing my fanfics about Great Mouse Detective, Phantom of the Opera, Bleach x-overs, and Ronin Warriors, I mostly do one shots, but others are stories, so I hope to upload .. more..

Writing
Hurt within Hurt within

A Story by Chi chan


Broken inside Broken inside

A Story by Chi chan