Stage

Stage

A Chapter by Academy6
"

Jonathan's POV Chapter 1 of America, Now

"
Stage

Sounds of Sarah playing twinkle-twinkle little star on her miniature piano flowed out of her pink bedroom. She wasn't singing, but me and mom still knew what song it was. I didn't know whether I should be jealous or impressed by my seven year old sister. I'm two years older and I've never even held an instrument. Real nor fake. I stood at the door and watched. Her hands seemed to take over as she played. And then, it stopped. I looked up to see her blue eyes staring up at me.

"What?" She asked quietly.

"Nothin' just came to-" luckily the front door slamming closed inturrupted before I could finish the lie. Sarah stood up and ran out of the room screaming "Daddy, Daddy!" All the way to the living room. I walked slowly down the brown carpeted stairs, to see my father hugging my sister and mom. I smiled as he looked up at me.

"You're home early." I stated.

"Jonathan-". My mom started, but dad cut her off.

"It wasn't a very buisy shift today."

"Cool." I whispered and he started to walk toward our tiny kitchen. His heavy boots were the loudest sounds as he walked through the room. I watch him carefully, noticing the small limp in his step. I probably wouldn't have noticed if it wasnt for the way his foot dragged the rug along the floor. Sarah couldn't see it, and I really didn't expect her to at her young age. But it was hard for me not to.

"Well I'm starving! What's for dinner?" My dad stated suddenly and my younger sister started running into the kitchen along his side.

"I made a Fruit Loop surprise, daddy!" She yelled. "It's all for you!" Her tiny voice screamed in excitement.

"Oh...wonderful." Dad said unenthusiasticlly as his daughter dragged him into the kitchen. I smiled and began to walk with them, but stopped when my mom pushed me back, a firm hand stil on my chest. My eyes widened as she glared daggers into my soul. I frowned and contemplated throwing her hand away from me, but decided against it when she began to speak.

"Don't ever talk to your father like that, Jonathan." She demanded. Her red hair was behind her ear as her face got closer. "You'll regret it." She growled before turning away from me and walking toward the kitchen. I frowned and tightened my lips. I really wonder why she cares so much. If my facts are correct, they are getting divorced anyway. But if they are, then I can safely guess that both me and my sister would want to stay with our father.

I began to slowly walk toward the kitchen to see how bad whatever this "Fruit Loop surprise" is.

//Nine years later//

I skimmed through my history book and took notes for my upcoming mock trial. I can't seem to find any other piece of evidence to prove this guy guilty and its making this trial seem less and less interesting. I tapped my pencil against my book and stared up at the ceiling fan as it spun around in circles.

"Sarah!" I called out loudly, keeping my eyes on the fan above me. I heard a slight shifting on the piano bench as she looked up at me.

"Yes?" She asked quietly. I finally turned in my seat to look at her and noticed the slightly agitated frown on her face. She was sitting up straight and tall in her seat her hands now resting in her lap instead of hovering over the piano. She was wearing a black jacket and blue jeans that made her look younger than she really is. Since our parents divorce, Sarah's cut her her hair and dyed it black. She never as happy and I can never seem to make her smile anymore.

"I can't find anything else to prove this guy guilty of child abuse. Can you help?" I begged. She rubbed the back of her neck and looked down at the ground.

"Does it say anything about any bruises on their neck or back at all?" She inquired. Sure enough, on the page right in front of me, was a statement staying something about blue bruises on the teenage boy's neck indicating attempted strangulation.

"Thanks." I said and I jotted down notes onto the paper. She didn't answer just turned back to the piano and continued playing. Her fingers glided across the keys, as she gently pressed down on them. Each had a unique and different sound that bounce around the colorless walls of the house. Like bells in a church, they chimed in a beautiful symphony. A sweet song was sung by the instrument and its partner.

I put my notes and book into my backpack and walked over to my sister. Sarah didnt seem to notice me, to in tuned to her playing. but when my hand touched her shoulder, she jumped slightly and turned to glare at me.

"What?" I asked laughing a tiny bit to myself. Her eyes rolled and she brushed my hand off my shoulder. I sighed and turned away again.

"It's late, Sarah. We should get to bed before mom gets home." Both me and Sarah now the consequences of staying up past curfue. She released a frustrated breath and straightened her music sheets up into a nice pile on the stand. I watched her as she ran up the stairs and into her room, slamming the door shut as she was completely in the room.

I turned my head slightly to look at the sheets of paper on the table. I walked over and threw some of the papers into my random folders in my back pack. After making sure everything was put away, I put my back pack on the hook and left to my room.

I lied on my bed and ran my cold fingers through my hair and releasing a long breath. I heard are mom's car drive into the garage. I closed my eyes, hoping I could fall asleep before she entered the house.


© 2014 Academy6


Author's Note

Academy6
I hope you like this chapter!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

100 Views
Added on January 10, 2014
Last Updated on January 10, 2014
Tags: America


Author

Academy6
Academy6

CO



About
The children all over the world are crying out, and the world is darkening. It has fallen into dispair. We are those children. Hear our voices. more..

Writing
Fever Fever

A Story by Academy6


Screen Screen

A Story by Academy6