Part six: Rycel

Part six: Rycel

A Chapter by RachelReaper
"

action chapter!!!!!!!!!!!!

"

Rycel

   Hi again! Sorry for giving you such a short intro, but Junia and I are on the move to the back door where we can finally get in the game of killing ghouls 'till our hearts content.

   After Junia told Harler and I her theory that the ghouls were being controlled by a higher power out to get the cherub (Mathentum was the only cherub Lost right now, and in my opinion, the absolute cutest cherub alive). If that was true, then that meant the cherub, Mathentum, was most likely in this store at this very moment. She may be correct. It does sound logical that way, but the thing that bothers me is why?

   If Junia was right, then why are the ghouls under the control of something more powerful than they are? Why do they need a cherub? And also, what is it that's influencing them? But then again, its just a theory, but so far its also our best lead.

   "Are you ready? You know we're going to be swarmed from all sides." Junia warns.

   "If we weren't being swarmed it wouldn't be any fun." I say smiling. I don't hesitate as I swing open the back double doors.

   "This is serious." I hear Junia mumble, but I ignore it. Seriousness gives you wrinkles and insomnia, kiddies, remember that.

   As soon as we step out the door I take in the sheer number of them all in one place .Look at them all! There must be sixty ghouls out there! Fifty vs. Three... Considering the "three" is us, I'd take those odds. We've had much, much worse chances before.

   Every ghoul was transformed into their original, hell ridden selves. Every ghoul was attacking Kalilee (who was viciously cutting them all down with her TrueColor sword gleaming a bloody red. And not just because it changed colors), every one of them growling, and every one of them a*s-ugly.

   I whistle between my teeth and taunt, "Here, ghouly ghouly ghoulies!" When one looks at me with pure hatred, I can't resist waving at it and then snickering when its veins bulged even more. It screeches a curse at me and starts to sprint towards Junia and I at full speed. "Get ready." I told Junia. We had caught the all of the ghoul's attention now.

   We raised our hands to the sky and cried "Gabriel!" to draw our weapons.

   Moments later materialized in my hands was my trademark one-and-only GoldenScythe. The handle was engraved with my name in Hebrew and Greek. The staff was carved with pictures of angel wings and dancing cherubs while the top point spiraled into the shape of a unicorn horn and was as lethal as the actual sharp, scythe part of it which was curved and looked like a half "C" and was two feet from one point of the half "C" back to the staff. It had a blade so piercing that if you only barely touched it, it would split your skin open. It was light as a feather, agile, sharper than any other scythe, handcrafted, and did I mention the entire thing was made of a gold that was impossible to break?

   Junia's weapon, on the other hand, was a mace. A heavy handle bar connected to a chain connected to really, really spiky ball that she swings around and bashes into her enemy's heads... or just people that tick her off (watch out, Harler). But what's special about it is that the mace is a BlindMace, which means it's completely composed of the purest prism so that when light reflects through it, the prism reflects Heaven Light into her enemy's eyes, burning them and temporarily blinding them.

   Yeah, we've got a definite edge.

   Ghouls are beginning to pour towards us like a flood, and not just the one I angered. Their black eyes looked like an abyss that led to absolutely nowhere, their slimy, toothy snouts are hanging open, and their huge green, purple, black, or brown veins stuck out all over their bodies.

   Ten of them rush Junia and me at once. Behind me I hear a scream and a "c-cr-crack" of a skull being disfigured and several more of them hiss. Nice work, Junia. 

   I raise my GoldenScythe and with one swing I slice through the stomach and hear the spine split in two as I take down the one I had waved to earlier, quite literally splitting him in half. More are coming at us, but a few are staying behind to stay and fight Kalilee.

   With a swing so fast you couldn't have followed it with your eyes, I take out five more before Junia barks, "Back to back!" and I immediately cover her. I hear the shriek of ghouls crying out in pain and in anger as the BlindMace renders them without sight (even more awesome to watch then it is when I explain it to you) and I smell burning flesh as the Light eats at their skin.

   Junia slings the mace and the chain links around a ghoul's head, the spiky ball smashing into his face. She yanks upward and and the ghoul's head comes off with a squishy, wet flesh sound.Now if that doesn't curb your appetite forever... bleh.

   While she's working on her side, I slice a ghoul in half from skull to the left foot, and gored into five more of their heads. Junia's mercilessly hacking away on her side and I hear the continuous crack of bones, while on my side I split them in half and stab them with the pointy unicorn horn top. I can't help grinning from ear to ear, this is my job and it may sound sick to you, but this is for your benefit and with each monster I chop down I feel empowered. Like the four of us could take on Hell itself and win (though I know that can't happen, we can come close).

   Soon Kalilee comes to join us when she's done with the share that had stayed to fight her. Her blonde hair is frazzled and she has chunks of ghoul all over her white blouse.

   "Just can't stay out of the fun, huh?" I ask, cutting into a female's ribcage, and proceed to stab the next one in the heart. That one screams, slowly slithering to the concrete ground.

   "Yep," Kalilee says, swinging her sword to kill four more, "Did Harler tell you about Mathentum?" she asks the question as if there weren't any ghouls at all and we weren't on a killing spree.

   "Yes she did." I say, and instinctively turn to the right to slice down a ghoul that had lunged at me in mid-air, "And that's why we think something might be controlling them." 

   Kalilee looks at me with a confused expression and asks, "Why would something be controlling them?"

   Junia answers this time, "Because ghouls don't-" she pauses to swing her mace and the spiky ball flies through the chest of another one, "don't need cherubs, not unless they're under the control of something that does. Ghouls are minion creatures and we know from experience they are easily manipulated if something more powerful than they are takes charge of them. Otherwise, a ghoul would not have the intelligence to lead an operation in search of the only lost cherub, and guess his location." She explains.

   Kalilee finishes off the last ghoul with a final swing of her sword, and then lets it rest against her hip as the creature crumples to the ground in a bloody heap. "That does make sense, Junia." She says thoughtfully, then straightens up, "Where's Harler?" She asks.

   "No worries Kal, we told her to look for Mathentum inside and keep him safe. She seemed bummed to be left out of the action, but I promised her that if she looked for him I'd make Cutie a bunny hat." I explain, and then look over at Junia, "And that one's not inside because she hates kids, including cherubs."

   Junia shrugs.

   Kalilee looks like she wants to say something, but thought better of it and says, "We should go back inside to make sure Harler found Mathentum and they're aren't any more ghouls-"

   Well those must have been the magic words or something, because over yonder... we have a situation. More ghouls are springing out of the trees like rabid animals, and there are way more than there were before.


© 2013 RachelReaper


Author's Note

RachelReaper
what are your thoughts? Do you have a better idea of who Rycel is? Did you like the action?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Amazing book! Jt amazing! Mind sending me a read request or a message when you have more?

Posted 10 Years Ago


This was so good! It was really full of action and I did get a better feel for Rycel's personality! I'm really curious to find out who is controlling the ghouls! Will you be continuing with this, because you definitely should! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


RachelReaper

11 Years Ago

I'm in the process of writing chapter seven, should be up in a few days
Bella Luna

11 Years Ago

Awesome! I can't wait! :)
are you going to do a new chapter sooon! buzzing with excitement

Posted 11 Years Ago


Art Lover/Love Writing

11 Years Ago

Cool merry christmas
RachelReaper

11 Years Ago

merry christmas
Art Lover/Love Writing

11 Years Ago

To u tooo
Very intense chapter! Keep going! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Fun chapter... I am wondering how these ghouls found the cherubs location before the angels did. Or why the girls seemed to just randomly choose Wamart to stop at when the cherub and ghouls were all there.

Posted 11 Years Ago


keep going! make sure to request me the next chapter I'm wicked curious

Posted 11 Years Ago


RachelReaper

11 Years Ago

nv... i thought this was rycel part 2, sorry bout that...
C.C. Marx

11 Years Ago

No problem! I finally caught up and I had to let you know its great so far!
RachelReaper

11 Years Ago

thank you
A lot of gory action, but I loved it, made this chapter very exciting and heart pounding with vigor and heady adrenaline... seems awesome especially their weapons :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Keeps getting better!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Who's Mathentum? Curious!

Posted 11 Years Ago


I liked the action but I got lost with Mathentum

Posted 11 Years Ago


RachelReaper

11 Years Ago

oh, I explained in the last chapter that Mathentum was the cherub the ghouls are looking for, but I .. read more
Art Lover/Love Writing

11 Years Ago

thanks that would be really helpfull

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

645 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 4, 2012
Last Updated on February 26, 2013


Author

RachelReaper
RachelReaper

About
Hey!!!!! My name is Rachel, and my unofficial last name is Reaper. I am 14 years old. Blood and kisses to all who review my work, I appreciate it so much and couldn't express to you how much it means .. more..

Writing
Runaway Runaway

A Poem by RachelReaper



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Felicity's Eve