Chapter 1- New Home

Chapter 1- New Home

A Chapter by LilMissJP
"

The girls get settled in their new home.

"

Five cars, as different as the five girls that were driving them, pulled up in front of a huge brick mansion. The brick was a faded gold, and seemed to be as old as the sun itself. The roof was a deep red, and looked much newer than the siding. A stone path , surrounded by a light golden fence, lead up to light golden stairs, which lead to a dark cherry wood door. That door lead to their new house, which symbolizes the start of a new life. A new complicated, adventures life.

 

“I can’t believe I live here.” Kim squealed as she lifted the dark blue helmet off her, now flattened hair.

 

“I know, it’s breathtaking.” Nathalie agreed, pressing her current reading material to her breast, as she gazed at the house, as if to try to take it all in.

 

“I wonder if it has a bar. I could really go for a drink right about now.” She said, shaking her hair back to it’s normal volume.

 

“It needs some work.” Bridgett announces, obviously not satisfied.

 

“I think it’s perfect. The faded brick adds character.” Maria retorted, gaining an evil eye from Bridgette.

 

“The manicured lawns are amazing. I love the color.” Tamara muses. Then stops when she notices Bridgette and Maria. “Will you two quit bickering for once? It’s really getting old. We’re twenty-four for Christ’s sake.”

 

“Don’t use the God’s name in vain, he’ll punish you.” Kim chimes, as she heads down the stone path away from all of the drama.

 

Snickering, Nathalie follows her gothic pixie friend.

 

Rolling her eyes Bridgette follows, too.

 

“How can she not bust her a*s walking like that?” Maria wondered allowed as she watched Bridgette strut down the path, as if it was runway.

 

Laughing Tamara put an arm around her friend's shoulders and lead her to the house.

 

Inside it was beautiful. A red paneling was spread out throughout the first floor. Below the paneling was a divided section, almost like a crown, that was colored orange. It gave it some color and “variety” as Kim would say. The middle section (or the section you first entered) had oak wood floors, and a desk sat in front of the back wall. In front of the desk were two book cases. It reminded them of a neatly furninshed hotel.

 

“It’s like a mini office.” Nathalie exclaimed with delight.

 

Kim giggled, and turned her attention to the left of the door, where the living room was. “Oh My Gosh! There’s a flat screen TV!”

 

“There’s no way I’m going to miss Project Runway now!” Tamara claims as excited as Kim.

 

“There’s also a dining room, kitchen, master suite and nine bedrooms along with one bath downstairs, and two baths on the second and third floors. Are we done freaking out, now?” Bridgette whined. She’s always the kill joy.

 

“Who gets the master suite?” Maria asked, seeming a little annoyed.

 

“I think no one should get it.” Nathalie chimed in a little unsure of herself.

 

“I say we draw sticks. The one with the shortest one gets it.” Kim over ruled.

 

“Fine, we’ll do it Kim’s way.” Bridgette gives in.

 

Tamara got 5 straws instead of sticks and cut them into different sizes. When she came back, she held the five sticks out, hinting to them to pick.

 

Each one did, all the while they compared their sticks.

 

“Oh my God! Oh My God!” Tamara screeched with excitement and utter disbelief.

 

“Again with the saying God’s name in vain!”

 

Tamara ignored her pixie friend, and jumped up and down.

 

“I demand we pick again.” Bridgette declared.

 

“Get over yourself Bridgette.” Maria said and patted Tammy on the back. The other two did the same, everyone, except for Bridgette, congratulated Tamara.

 

“Bridgette if you’re going to be like this all the time, why even bother living with us?” Kim asked enquiringly.

 

The model flipped her hair and stomped up the stairs to find a bedroom away from all of her disgraceful friends.

 

“Forget about her Tam, you deserve that room.” Nathalie announced.

 

“Nat’s right, Tammy. She’s just being bitchy right now. She’ll get over it…I hope.”

 

“She will, and if not, it’s nothing new. The worse she can do is move out.” Kim joined.

 

“She’s not all that bad guys. There has to be some kindness deep down inside of her.”

 

The three laughed. “I really hope so.” Nathalie whispered in her friends ear when she hugged her.

 

“I have faith.” With the drama over, and the last few words said about the suite incident, the girls went upstairs to find their bedrooms.



© 2010 LilMissJP


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
Added on January 26, 2010
Last Updated on January 29, 2010


Author

LilMissJP
LilMissJP

None of your business, IN



About
I am seventeen, but am often mistaken for older. I am a freshman in high school and am ready to graduate... I love to write and have been ever since I was seven. I started at an early age and then .. more..

Writing
Anger Anger

A Poem by LilMissJP