Chapter fifteen continued

Chapter fifteen continued

A Chapter by LilMissWriter17
"

Naomi's point of view; Naomi receives a visit from the police while at school. She is interrogated on the matter of her best friends state of mind....

"
Naomi;
I was at school when they visited. They wanted to speak to me, so I’d been pulled out of class. It was lucky for me really, because I hadn’t felt like paying attention in class anyway. We sat together in the head teachers room, Miss Trice watched over us as the police interviewed me, her eyes wondering over me like a hawk.
‘Miss Watson….’ The police woman raised her eyes to meet mine, her voice cautious. ‘When was the last time you saw Florence?’
‘I can’t exactly remember. A few months ago at least, when she came out of hospital…I had been texting and calling her but that was the last time, in person.’ I said, trying to remember the past, it was never easy.
‘And she was okay? Not depressed? Or sad…’
I frowned, trying to figure out what the woman was getting at. ‘Are you asking me if my best friend was capable of committing suicide?’
The woman smiled, almost in amusement. ‘It’s only a precaution…We just want to know all the facts, it helps to guide us through the case.’ 
I stared at her, not completely convinced by her words, ‘Fine…’ I mumbled, ‘No, she wasn’t depressed or sad. She’d just come out of hospital, she was in shock and she was exhausted, but she’d never give up her own life…’ 
‘But you haven’t any proof of that?’ 
‘Yes! Yes I do have proof!’ I exclaimed, ‘She’s my best friend. I know her. She’s pregnant, she wouldn’t…’
‘I’m sorry Miss Watson but that isn’t enough…’
I scowled at the police woman, ‘Well I know she’s alive, and she’s waiting for us. So keep looking.’
‘We’re not going to stop looking, but it does help-’
‘I don’t bloody care! She is alive.’ I said, with as much emphasis and enthusiasm as I could manage. I wanted to get my point across.
The police woman studied my face, ‘We’ll keep searching. And, we’ll be in touch.’ She said, before shaking my hand and disappearing out of the room.
I sat back in my chair, and felt the tears stream down my cheeks. I just wanted my best friend back, alive and healthy. I knew in my heart that Florence was alive, and she was waiting, waiting for someone to find her. If the police didn’t look long or hard enough, then I would, I would find her. I will find her.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


© 2012 LilMissWriter17


Author's Note

LilMissWriter17
Another short chapter!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I just love the emotion you put into your chapters.

Great work again!

Posted 11 Years Ago


go go go write more now !!!!!!!! this is awesome of course florence is not dead goh way to go police you really are optimistic ! i wannna know more write more please ???!:) love th chapter !:)

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

282 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 21, 2012
Last Updated on May 21, 2012
Tags: best friends, interrogated, scared, worried, teenagers


Author

LilMissWriter17
LilMissWriter17

United Kingdom



About
Hi! I'm Jess, i'm 19 :) I love reading, writing and drawing :) My dream is to be a published writer, I love writing, it is my passion and I'll never give it up! :) My favourite authors include JK Rowl.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..