Getting Smarter

Getting Smarter

A Chapter by Little Blue
"

Jessie lives life in her own little world. But when Devin steps in, Jessie gets the chance to see life from a brighter point of view. At least until he's gone.

"

I walked in the door to my house with a self satisfied grin. Mission accomplished. If he didn’t leave me alone after this, then nothing could keep him away. I would have loved to be there when he tried to figure out to get back to his house.

“Where’s Devin?” I can’t get one second of peace in this house. Instead of answering my mom’s question, I smiled. Fear flickered across her face, and I couldn’t suppress a laugh.

For a moment, I wondered what was going on through my mother’s mind. Then I realized I probably didn’t want to know. Thoughts of twisted therapists she could hit on and pretty skirts she could have me wearing flashed across my mind. Disgusting.

“Jessie, get back here!” She called after me pointlessly as I climbed the stairs. I just rolled my eyes and continued to walk. “Jinsey Walter!” You didn’t just use my full name.

“What do you want?” I turned around with a scowl.

She said each word slowly, like I was as retarded as her, “Where is Devin?”

“On the island, d****t.”

“Why is he still there?”

“He doesn’t have oars.” I paused with a grin at my mom’s expression, “I left him with a boat though.”

“Jinsey Walter, you are going to row back to that island and give him his oars back or you aren’t welcome in this house.” So I get to leave this house? Sounds like a plan to me.

I gave her my best fake good-girl smile. “Fine.”

I slipped past her, walked outside, and went to lay down in the rowboat. I could sleep in here. I had done it before. What’s one more time?

I curled up between the two parts of the bench and pulled a blanket I had grabbed off the couch over myself. In the hour, I was asleep.

I woke up the next morning and stretched. I felt the boat rock beneath me. I looked around, and saw I was in the middle of the lake with no blanket. Still half awake, I scrambled around, aware also that the oars were gone.

He didn’t.

I looked around again.

He did.

And there was nothing I could do.

He was going to a die. And it would be a slow, long, painful, well-deserved death. And I would do it myself. I took a few calming breaths, but nothing could keep away the visions of exactly what I was going to do to that son of a b***h when I got my hands on him. I was going to drag him to hell and back fifty times over a road of spikes and laugh as he screamed.

I cleared my mind again.

It was freezing cold, but I needed to get back to shore, so I took off my jacket. Left only in a t-shirt to cover my arms and a pair of jeans, I dove in the water. With one arm on the boat and the other one paddling, I managed to pull the boat back to shore.

When I finally climbed out choking and freezing onto the sand, I saw the bus pull around the corner and drive away full speed.

And through the window I could swear I saw someone wave at me.



© 2011 Little Blue


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

LOl that's what seh gets! i'd love to see this war continue!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

288 Views
1 Review
Added on June 8, 2011
Last Updated on June 8, 2011


Author

Little Blue
Little Blue

About
I am still a student in high school but I have a developing passion for writing. I write poetry daily and love working on my novels, most of which are half finished. I have lived in many places, but T.. more..

Writing
New Faces New Faces

A Chapter by Little Blue