Suddenly Chapter 2

Suddenly Chapter 2

A Chapter by LizzySilverthorn

Adrian’s POV

I waved goodbye to Matty and headed for Mr. Bowman’s class… Trigonometry. Mr. Bowman better be a good teacher because otherwise I’m failing this s**t. His class was all the way across the school. On the third floor. And I was supposed to drop off my violin in the opposite direction. I guess I’ll be bringing it with my the whole day.

I raced up the first flight of stairs as the bell rung. Great, tardy on the first day. As I turned to head up the second flight of stairs, I heard someone yell at me from behind.

“Hey! Kid!” said a deep male voice. Oh great, the biggest a*****e out of the hall monitors. Well, I’m probably gonna regret this later.

I ran for it. I dashed up the stairs as he called to me again. DAMN IT. I heard him talking on his radio to the other hall monitors. Those things were so loud. I ran to the bathroom when I heard footsteps and a walkie talkie. When the sound finally faded, I ran down the hall.

When I reached the door, I slowed down my breathing and self consciously straightened my shirt and hair. And then I stepped in.

Mr. Bowman was a taller guy, pretty young, with a soft smile and a welcoming aura. He saw me walk into the classroom and asked my name.

“Holmes, Adrian” I replied quietly. My heart rate started to increase again. God I get so nervous over the dumbest things.

“Well hello, Adrian. Why don’t you just take a seat over there” he said, gesturing to the third to last seat in the farthest row. “And don’t worry, I’m not gonna mark you tardy, it IS your first day.” And he gave me a smile.


FINALLY! TIME FOR LUNCH! Not that the food is good or anything. I mean, come on, it’s school lunch. I just wanna see my friends. Richard, Matty (obviously),and Felicia to be exact. People have their cliques or whatever and we’re just kind of the leftovers. Richard is just downright hilarious, and the teachers hate him for it. Felicia is a total nerd, which is awesome. And Matty… Well, she’s like my sister. We tell each other like, everything. We’d found each other in freshman year, and the friendship hasn’t been broken. And it never will be.

When I finally found the table they were sitting at, I walked up behind her and poked her in the ribs lightly.

“DAMN IT, ADRIAN! EVERY TIME!” She got all mad but it was pretty funny, and everyone, including her, started laughing. I gave her a hug and sat down next to her, with Felicia and Richard sitting across from us.

“Adrian! You’re finally here! And you got a nice tan I see.” He made his signature goofy grin. I faintly blushed at the compliment, but it was nothing new from Richard.

“Um, yeah. We got a pool so I wasn’t sitting on my a*s all summer like last year.” I laughed, remembering how much I stayed in two summers ago. To be honest, Rich has always been something of a brother to me. Everyone at the table was like family, which is really awesome. We all talked about what we did over the summer, and compared schedules.

“Okay, so Matty and I already know we’ve got P.E. together. Now-” I was cut off by Richard interrupting me.

“Oh God, anyone else get Breidenbach? I hear she’s one stuck up b***h.” We all glanced at each other’s schedules.

“I guess she won’t be so stuck up after having ALL FOUR OF US TOGETHER IN ONE CLASS!” Felicia shouted above the routine cafeteria noise. We all laughed because we knew Richard would make any teacher want to quit the job. We continued to joke around about all of the horrible things Richard was probably going to do to that teacher when I heard a familiar voice.

“Hey, Adrian!!!”

F**K.

There next to me stood Ben. This dude has had a crush on me since freshman year. His twin brother, Noah, already had a girlfriend and I guess Ben got jealous or something. He’s totally disgusting. I mean, there’s plenty of reasons no one is dating him. I’m pretty sure his brother only got a date because he found someone who is mentally challenged.. No offense either, I think they actually do have some sort of mental disability.

“Piss off, Ben. I’m not in the mood.”

I rolled my eyes and tried to start a conversation up again with the group, but Ben kept trying to ask me about my summer.

“Look, I’ve told you before: I hate you. You’ve ruined my chances with other people and honestly? I wouldn’t lower my standards to even twice your level.” I could hear Richard snicker as Ben just continued.

“Why don’t you like me?” He whined.

“My GOD kid, I just said why. And the list goes on. Now leave me alone or else.” I am usually very shy, but when it came to this f****r, I could roast him and his brother all day. I really did hate them with a passion.

“Or else what?” He tried to give me a cute smile, but it was anything but cute. His face was pudgy and gross. He looked like a pale baboon’s a*s in a hoodie.

“I’ll punch you in the face so hard it’ll go straight to the back of your throat, but don’t worry it’ll feel just like when you sucked your brother’s dick.” At this point I was standing up. He made this weird grunting sound and Richard burst out laughing, along with the rest of our table.

“Could you just give me a chance?!” Somehow he was still smiling, and he had his hands positioned to hug me. That was it. Nobody is putting their pudgy fingers on me. F**K THIS!

“I said, GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE, BEN!” I grabbed one of his shoulders and brought my knee straight up to his crotch. He squealed like the pig he is and doubled over on the ground. Thankfully because of the position of our table, not many people witnessed it. We sit toward the edge of the cafeteria because we don’t like the drama that comes with being by the popular tables in the middle. It’s nice to have some privacy. Just one downside to that though.

I turned around to sit down again when someone grabbed me from behind. I yelled out while starting to scratch at the grubby hands I knew to be Ben’s. That’s when my “fantabulous family” jumped in. Thank God. Richard and Felicia each grabbed one of Ben’s arms while Matty helped pull me out. Richard, being the strongest one in the group, dragged Ben behind the table to give him a few good punches to the face before letting him scramble away to his table, but not before threatening to do worse if he bothered me or any of his friends again. Richard turned to the rest of us.

“Well, wasn’t that fun?” He said sarcastically. We all sat back down for the last few minutes of lunch. All the while Rich was bragging about how nobody saw him beat up a kid.



© 2017 LizzySilverthorn


Author's Note

LizzySilverthorn
Again, I am aware that the actors are not like this in real life, it is simply for entertainment reasons. Also, I did not write this chapter, as my friend @melanieammendola over on Wattpad and I switch off with chapters.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
Added on May 28, 2017
Last Updated on May 28, 2017
Tags: oc, high school, high school au, supernatural actors, felicia, felicia day, rich, richard speight, richard speight jr, suddenly