Suddenly Chapter 3

Suddenly Chapter 3

A Chapter by LizzySilverthorn

Matty’s POV

After the fiasco at lunch, and an extremely dull Physics class, I was more than happy when I remembered that I shared the next class with all three of my lunch family members.

I had to jog a bit to get there on time, but I walked in about two minutes before the bell rang. I scowled. Note to self: no need to jog.

I plopped down at the set of tables that was tucked away in the corner. We all liked to be away from everybody else. None of the others were here yet, but that was expected. Felicia and Adrian usually showed up about a minute before the bell rang, and Richard was nearly late to all of his classes.

I picked up my book bag from the floor to pull out the things I needed for the class. Binder, folder, a pencil, and an extra pencil because Rich never brings one on the first day of school.

I heard obnoxious giggling and turned. There, two pods of desks away from ours, was the white girl pod. And they were led by none other than Victoria Vantoch. She was kind of Danneel’s wing woman, but that doesn’t mean she wasn’t just as bad.

Victoria kept pointing and gossiping, her loud words floating through the entire classroom.

And then Adrian and Felicia strolled in. I glanced at the clock and smiled. Right on time.

They spotted me immediately and hurried over to the pod of four desks, Adrian sitting down beside me and Felicia across from her. I exchanged a quick hug with Adrian and fist bump with Felicia.

We talked as the classroom filled up and weren’t at all surprised that Richard skidded into the classroom just as the bell rang. He flashed the annoyed teacher a ‘hell if I care’ smirk and slid into the seat across from mine. He grabbed the extra pencil sitting on my desk and pulled out a notebook. Not that it was actually for this class. It was for his drawings. I think that our little family were the only people in the entire school that have knowledge of the class clown’s drawing abilities. And we were more than happy to keep it to ourselves.

As the teacher started talking, Rich ripped out a piece of paper and starting writing. And I knew that it wasn’t English notes.

Rich and I had this ongoing flirtation. Both of us knew that nothing was ever going to come of it, but we did it for kicks. And it was almost always done in notes, though at lunch Rich would go all out.

The piece of paper was slid onto my desk as the teacher turned her back. I winked at Rich before unfolding it. ‘Well, hello there, sweetheart. Aren’t you a sight for sore eyes?’ was scrawled in his messy handwriting on the first line.

I glanced up to see Mrs. Breidenbach still engrossed in whatever it was that she was teaching. I grabbed my pencil and wrote, ‘Well that’s mighty kind of you, handsome. You’re not too bad yourself. Why don’t we “hang out” after school? ;)’

I folded it up and slipped it back to Rich. When he read it, he snorted loudly. The whole class turned to glare at him, including the teacher.

He shrugged and motioned for the teacher to go on. She huffed, but turned back to the board, the student’s stares following her’s.

Rich tossed back the paper without folding it and smirked. ‘Sure, babe. My place or yours? ;)’

Let’s just clear something up: I am still a virgin, Rich is still a virgin, and neither of us are truly interested in the other. We just study together after school a lot (I’m kind of a volunteer tutor). Why do we word it like that? So that if we drop the notes, whoever finds them will have a mini heart attack.

The class ended all too soon, and we barely had any time at all to talk before the bell rang. We all slung our bags over our shoulders and walked out.

Adrian and Felicia gave me quick hugs and took off to their next class. I walked Rich to his last class, flirting and joking all the way. As we approached his class, I leaned up and pressed a kiss to his cheek. He smirked.

“I think you missed, darling,” he grinned, tapping a finger to his lips.

I laughed and hugged him. “You wish,” I whispered in his ear.


My last class wasn’t really a class at all. It was a study hall. Seeing as all the study halls I’ve had in the past are laid back, I usually just skip them and go home early.

I shoved my books into my locker and grabbed my backpack and skateboard before closing my locker. I clicked the lock into place and spun it a couple of times.

By the time I’d made it to the main doors, the bell was ringing.

I put out a hand to open the door and-

-my bag split open.

“Christ. Really?” I huffed, getting down on my knees to gather all the supplies that had fallen out.

I heard a cat call from the halls and a shout of, “While you’re down there, how about you put that pretty little mouth to good work!”

Ignoring them, I sighed. That bag lasted me all through middle school and the first two years of high school. And now it had been torn apart by my huge workload.

I heard someone walk up and crouch down to help me pick up my papers. Not looking up at them, I continued to snatch up papers and folders and the like.

As the person held out the stack that they had collected, I grabbed it and awkwardly put it on top of my already too-big stack.

“Thanks,” I mumbled as they held out a hand to pull me up. I reluctantly accepted it. By the shape and feel of the hand, the person was a guy. I really hope that he didn’t want nudes in exchange for his kindness.

“No problem, gorgeous.”

My head snapped up at the low, familiar voice. The same one as this morning. Jensen Ackles stood there, hand still holding mine, smiling blindingly down at me. Clearing my throat, I choked out, “Can I… uh… Can I have my hand back now?”

He chuckled and slowly let his hand drop.

“Have a good day, princess.” He winked and walked off. I felt my heart rate pick up a bit, and then I shook myself.

Nonononono. Anyone but him. I cannot feel this way about him. He uses girls and then leaves them broken-hearted.

But an inner voice whispered, It’s too late and you know it.

I pushed open the doors and left, skateboard hitting the sidewalk and face slowly cooling down from my run in with the playboy.

Oh, God, please say this is short lived.


Rich knocked on my door an hour later, the usual smirk and snide remark along with him.

It was two hours into studying when we started getting sidetracked.

It started with a poke in the side. I slapped his hand away. “D****t, Richard. No! We’re studying!”

He laughed, but didn’t poke me again.

It was about half a minute before he bothered me again. And this time, it was a lot more obnoxious.

He all-out tackled me, fingers quickly darting out to tickle me. I squealed out in laughter, trying to shove his hands away.

I’m not quite sure how it happened, but all of a sudden, we were on opposite sides of the room, him hiding behind a chair and me behind the couch. We each had a stash of pillows and stuffed animals. It was war.

The war eventually ended when Rich had me pinned against the couch, defenseless and laughing so hard that I couldn’t breathe.

And now here we were, sitting on the floor and watching Jurassic Park, his arm around me and a blanket over both of us.

I jumped slightly at one of the jumpscares and Rich laughed. “I’ve got you.”

“Shut up.”

The night ended all too soon. I hugged him goodbye and kissed his cheek, and turned to start picking up the mess when he said, “So who’s the guy?”

I froze up. But how-?

He smirked at me. “You’re one of my best friends. I know how you act when a guy catches your eye.” He pouted suddenly as I met his gaze. “Why do you have to cheat on me, baby?”

I laughed and pushed his shoulder. “Get out of here! It’s almost 10!” I pointed out, trying to close the door behind him.

Rich put his foot in the door. “C’mon, please? I won’t tell anybody! I can keep a secret!”

I grinned widely. “It’s a secret. But not for you,” I winked and then kicked his foot out of the way, closing and locking my door.

I heard him swear from the other side. I breathed out, and the smile dropped off my face. What would he say if he found out? Stuff I already know, I suppose. That Jensen would break my heart and leave me for dead.

I knew that.

But my heart didn’t.



© 2017 LizzySilverthorn


Author's Note

LizzySilverthorn
Once again, because I feel bad about portraying real life people like this but I need bad people to make the story interesting, THESE ARE NOT MY REAL VIEWS ON THE ACTRESSES THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL AND AWESOME.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe