Suddenly Chapter 9

Suddenly Chapter 9

A Chapter by LizzySilverthorn

Matty’s POV

I sighed at the loud pounding on the door and snuggled deeper into a warmth that had me wrapped in its arms.

“Matilda! Sweetie, you were supposed to be up 10 minutes ago!”

I groaned, started to sit up but finding my movement stopped by two long arms encircling me. I glanced down into his face and I started to blush. Jensen. Right.

My mother's voice sounded again. “Matty? Honey, are you even up? I'm coming in. 5…”

S**t! If she sees Jensen in here, she's gonna flip!

“4…”

I shook Jensen’s shoulder wildly. He blinked awake.

“3…”

Jensen, immediately understanding what was going on, wrapped me tighter in his arms and rolled right off the bed. We landed painfully on the wooden floor just as my mom said, “2…”

The door shot open. Jensen released me, winked, and rolled under the bed, leaving me shocked and cold on the floor to deal with my mom.

She rounded the bed and knelt beside me. “Matty, are you alright? What happened? I heard a loud crash.”

I breathed and rubbed my sore butt. “I'm okay. I think I underestimated the width of my bed.”

My mom frowned and put a hand on my shoulder. “Matty, you haven't fallen out of bed since elementary school. I heard you crying last night. Have the nightmares about your father started up again?”

I fixed a stoic expression onto my face. “I'm fine. Please get out, mom.”

Her face quickly registered where she had gone wrong. “Matty, I-”

“Mom, please leave me alone. I need to get ready for school.”

She stood and, sending one last apologetic look to me, walked out. She closed the door after her.

A hand touched my shoulder and I jumped. I had forgotten that I wasn't alone.

Jensen laughed quietly. “So, that's your mom, huh?”

I smiled easily back at him. “Yeah. She's a little overprotective sometimes.”

J reached out a hand and gently pulled my face to his, pressing a kiss to my lips. “Good morning, beautiful,” he mumbled as he pulled away. I kissed him again, my bad mood fading away.

“I wish you didn't have to leave,” I blurted as I detached our lips. He chuckled.

“Well, it would be suspicious if I showed up in the same clothes as-”

Another knock sounded at the door. “Matilda, you’d better tell me right now why there's a pickup truck in front of our house!”

Jensen teased, “So that's your full name?” But he was going pale and swearing under his breath. I felt a bit queasy.

The first excuse to come to mind just flew out of my mouth. “Um… Rich borrowed it from someone and needs to keep it here so his parents don't find out.” I winced at the obvious lie. Jensen was snickering into my hair.

There was a silence outside the door. “Why didn't he just ask me himself?”

I breathed out and had to think a bit to keep the lie going. “You were asleep. He didn't want to wake you up.”

My mom sighed. “Alright. Get dressed. I don't want you to be late on the third day of school.”

“Okay!”

Her footsteps receded down the stairs.

As soon as she was gone, I grabbed Jensen’s hand and led him over to the window. Then it occurred to me. “How the hell did you get up here?”

J stared at me, then smirked. “The tree. Wasn't the easiest to climb, but I figured it was easier than explaining to your mom why a boy that she had never seen before was demanding to get into the house.”

I shrugged and stood there until he’d climbed out the window. As he balanced on the tree limb, I reached forward, out the window, and kissed him full on the lips. “Thanks for everything,” I murmured against his mouth.

J smiled. “Anytime, princess.”


I rolled up to the school at a leisurely pace. Unfortunately, with my dilemma this morning, I hadn't had the time to watch an episode of Amazing World of Gumball.

I saw the white girl group pointing and gossiping, as per usual.

My skateboard suddenly hit something, and I tumbled right off of it into Jensen’s arms. He laughed as I sat there in his arms, shocked out of my skin. It'd been his foot that I'd run into.

As I regained my composure, I smacked his arm and bent down to pick up my skateboard. I looked up to see him unabashedly checking out my rear.

I snorted loudly, straightening up. “You did that on purpose, you jerk.”

He plastered on an innocent face. “Did what?”

I let out a short, sarcastic laugh. “You know what, mister.”

And that's when I noticed. I was getting more stares than usual. Nearly everybody was staring unblinking at Jensen and me’s entwined hands. I cleared my throat and he seemed to pick up on it just as suddenly as I had. He put an arm around my shoulders and led me inside, probably thinking that we could escape the invasive murmurs.

Except they were 10- worse inside.

Side glances and hushed words were everywhere, and I felt so uncomfortable that I was close to losing it.

J turned quickly and unexpectedly, leading us straight into the janitor’s closet. No one was in there, thankfully. He looked down at me worriedly. “Are you okay? That was a lot more of a ripple than I was anticipating.”

I nodded, but my hands were shaking and I was on the verge of tears. He pulled me in toward his chest, and I just let all of my problems go, not even stopping when the first bell rang. When I finally pulled away, sniffling and feeling a bit better, we were already 10 minutes late for class.

Jensen traced his thumb across my cheek and smiled down at me reassuringly. “You feeling better, princess?”

At the nickname, I blushed and my spirits raised higher. I nodded, a grin starting to form on my lips.

“Good. You up to going to class or you wanna stay here until second period?”

Obviously, I chose the latter of the two options.

We snuggled and kissed and chatted the hour away, and I was bummed when the bell rang to dismiss first period.

We snuck out in the early minutes of passing time, slipping into the crowd like we’d been there all the time. Jensen walked me to second period and pecked me gently on the lips before embarking in the opposite direction.

And damn, I was blushing for the next half hour.


It was lunchtime. I started toward my usual table, only to stop in my tracks with my heart sinking. Rich sat there, in deep thought. I considered my options. Sit with my usual friends and have things be super awkward, or find a new table and make some friends. I was biting my lip when Jensen wrapped his arms around me from behind, nestling his face into my hair.

“Hey, beautiful. Wanna come sit by me today?”

I breathed out and nodded. I met Adrian’s eyes and she gave me a questioning look. I pulled my right ear twice. Later.

I sat next to Jensen and was shocked at how friendly and accepting all of his lunch buddies were.

“This is Jared Padalecki. That's Genevieve Cortese, his girlfriend. That's Sebastian Roche, and next to him is Mark Pellegrino. And…”

“Hola, Mishamigos!”

“That’s Misha Collins.”

I looked up in surprise at the newcomer. He set his stuff down next to mine and waved cheerily. I waved back a bit shyly, not used to outgoing people.

Jensen smiled down at me and took my hand. “And this is my girlfriend, Matty Stanson.”

They all said their greetings and went back to their conversations. Misha turned to me and Jensen.

I couldn't help it. It just kinda spilled out of my mouth. “You know Adrian, right?”

He got this dopey look on his face and I couldn't help but snort, which set off Jensen laughing, who set off a chuckling from Jared, and soon the whole table was giggling and laughing.

It took us a bit to calm down. Misha wasn't particularly amused. “What?” he whined, but I could see his lips twitching up into a smile.

“You like her, don't you?”

Jared spat out his drink. Jensen started to cackle at the shocked look on his best friend's face. I started giggling, and soon the entire table was in a laughing fit again.

As we all calmed down, Misha said, “Yeah, I guess I do. I mean, I did kiss her.”

It was my turn to be shocked. Thankfully, I didn't have anything in my mouth to spit out, or else we’d all be rolling on the floor again.

I whipped out my phone and shot a message to Adrian.

M:YOU KISSED MISHA F*****G COLLINS?!?! WHY YOU NO TELL ME?!?!?!

Jensen grabbed my phone from my hands just as I pressed send and scrolled through the messages. I didn't have a problem with it. I had nothing to hide.

But then he frowned. “Who's Rich?”

I stiffened. Great. F*****g fantastic. Just when I thought I could have a good day. “He's… my, uh… ex-friend.”

Jensen’s suspicion sank into understanding. “Oh. Sorry, princess.”

I have a short laugh and punched his arm lightly. “Don't apologize, you dork.”

I cast a glance over to Adrian, who smiled and tugged her right ear twice, just as I had before. I huffed.

The period ended all too soon. I had chatted away with each of them easily. I almost forgot my table. I would've if there wasn't a sorrowful gaze burning a hole in the back of my head the entire time.


Instead of looking forward to English, I was currently dreading it. Where was I going to sit? I sure as hell couldn't sit by Rich. Not after he ditched me. I walked in and didn't even spare a glance to my usual pod.

There was a group of three and one empty desk across the classroom, and I noticed that one of the people there was Gen.

She smiled warmly at my look and waved me over.

I sighed in relief and hurried over, plopping ungracefully in the chair next to her. I looked up to see the other two people smirking in amusement at me. I automatically blushed.

The one on the left, with styled hair and kind eyes, said suddenly, “I'm Matt Cohen. Right here is Jeffrey Morgan, but you can just call him Jeff.”

I smiled. I like them already. “My name’s Matty. Matty Stanson.”

Matt grinned widely. “No fair! I was the only one with a name starting with M until you came along!” he pouted. I let out a loud laugh, then quieted when Victoria Vantoch gave me a downright disgusted look.

Gen caught my insecure settle-down and followed my gaze. She sighed. “Don't let her get you down, Matty. She's just a b***h that gets her kicks from making awesome people feel like s**t.”

I rolled my eyes, but a smile was inching onto my face. “Oh, shush. I'm not that awesome.”

It was halfway through class before I got notes passed to me. Surprised, I unfolded the paper carefully. I matched the handwriting to Matt’s from his assignment.

‘I apologize if I'm being too forward, but you're gorgeous. Wanna go on a date?’

I bit my lip. Matt seemed like a nice guy, and I didn't want to hurt his feelings, but I was with J.

I ended up responding with, ‘I would if I didn't already have a boyfriend. Sorry, Matt.’

He read it and gave me a quick grin. All good.

The bell rang, releasing us mercifully from the hell that was English.

I walked out with Gen, and gave Matt and Jeff a quick hug in parting.

“So. What’re you up to after school?” I asked as I walked with her, curiosity getting the better of me. Then I smirked. “Making out with Jared?”

Gen giggled. “I wish. I have cheer practice.”

I looked up at her in shock. “You're in cheerleading?”

Thankfully, Gen rolled with the punches, not taking notice of my slightly offensive comment. “Yeah! It's great, though I don't agree with Danneel and Victoria’s morals. Not all cheerleaders are like them, you know.”

I felt terrible. I'd just stereotyped my new friend without giving a second thought. “Sorry,” I murmured, ashamed.

She linked her arm through mine. “It's fine. As long as you promise to come to my first game next week!”

I smiled gratefully at her. “Of course!”

She hugged me and said her goodbye. I turned to go back to my locker and ran right into Jensen… ‘s chest.

He chuckled as I groaned, slightly embarrassed. “We've gotta stop meeting like this,” He teased.

“Shut up, you dork,” I mumbled back, a smile already creeping onto my face again.

We made it to my locker before either of us talked again. “You need a ride again today? I noticed your knee is still bandaged.”

I blinked, and then smiled wider. I hadn't even thought of it. “A ride would be great.”


It was 8 o’clock that night before I remembered that I had promised to tell Adrian about the lunch seating altercation.

M: Lol sorry just remembered.

It took a few minutes for her to respond.

A: It's okay. I was busy anyways. So, you wanna tell me about Jensen?

I breathed out before starting to type. It was a whole paragraph, if not two. Adrian’s reply was short and put a smile on my face.

A: Oh. Damn.

M: Now it’s your turn. WHEN DID YOU KISS MISHA?!

A: Well, long story short, he asked me to give me a mini performance on my violin. One thing led to another and we made out in the theater.

I snorted at her explanation.

M: Lol I give you two paragraphs and you give me that little piece of s**t?

A: Shut up. So, how are you gonna fix things with Rich?

I frowned at her message.

M: I'm not sure if I can.

A: Oh.

M: Listen, I'm exhausted. It's been a really long day and I want to get some sleep. I'll see you tomorrow, okay?

A: Yeah, alrighty.

I sighed and lay back against my pillows, thinking hard. What if Rich and I never make up? What if he never wants to talk to me or see my face again? Worse, what if he wants something more or nothing at all?

My phone buzzed and I swiftly answered it, my brain barely registering that it was Jensen.

J: Hey, gorgeous. How are you?

I snorted into the phone.

M: Dude, you just saw me like five hours ago!

J: But I miss you!

M: You're a dork.

J: I know. *sigh* You feeling okay? I don't have to come over and nearly get caught in your bed again, do I?

That one coaxed a laugh out of me.

M: No. No, I'm okay. I'm a little cold though.

J: I'm warm-blooded. You sure you don't want me to come over and snuggle with you for a while?

M: I'll be fine. Thanks, though. You're the best boyfriend a girl could ask for.

J: I know.

I snorted again.

M: I'm gonna go to bed. See you tomorrow, handsome.

J: Right back atcha, beautiful. You get all the sleep you can. I don't need a grumpy girlfriend on my hands tomorrow.

M: You too. Good night.

I was about to hang up, when…

J: Wait!

M: What now?

J: You see the moon?

M: Yes.

J: We see the same moon.

M: That was one of the cheesiest lines I have ever heard.

J: I know. But you love it.

M: You're right. I kinda do.

J: Sleep tight, princess.

M: You, too, J.

The line went dead. I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow, the cheesy line bouncing around in my head and making me grin so widely it hurt.




© 2017 LizzySilverthorn


Author's Note

LizzySilverthorn
If you have not gotten the memo through the 8 PARTS I HAVE ALREADY POSTED: This story does not express my or my co-writer's views on the actors, and we do not believe that they truly act in the ways expressed in the story.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe