Suddenly Chapter 4

Suddenly Chapter 4

A Chapter by LizzySilverthorn

Adrian’s POV

After English all I had left was History with Mr. Shepherd. Then I could go home. As we walked out of English I saw Richard and Matty walking in the opposite direction. Felicia caught up to me and started laughing.

“Why hasn’t Richard asked her out?!” She asked me. Felicia had asked me this many times, and every time I told her the same thing.

“They just flirt around for fun! Matty thinks of him as her best guy friend. Although, I feel like Rich cares about her more than he lets on…” I kind of trailed off after that, knowing I shouldn’t assume anything.

“I don’t know about you, but I ship it.”

“Felicia! Seriously?! Okay well this is where I gotta go. I’ll catch ya later!” I waved.

“Okay, see ya!” She waved back then dashed off.


After history class, I headed to the back stairwell that led behind the school where the buses are always parked. About halfway there the handle on my violin case snapped, leaving my instrument to fall to the ground. I could hear the cheerleaders laughing from underneath the old birch tree.

“Damn it!” I cursed. As I picked it up and brushed off the dirt, I saw an unfamiliar pair of shoes stop in front of me.

“You got it?” Said a male voice

“Yeah, no worries. The handle on this thing is old. I was expecting it to break any day now. Just my luck those cheerleaders saw it happen.” I replied, brushing a bit of dirt off of my knees. I looked at the guy in front of me and realized it was none other than Misha Collins, the king of the theater.

“No point in trying to impress those losers. They’re either gonna look down on you because you’re not as ‘perfect’ as them, or they’re gonna try to put you down because you really are better than them.” he smiled.

“T-thank you, I really appreciate that. It means a lot coming from someone like you,” I stuttered out. It looked like he was going to ask what I meant by that, but then the buses engines fired up, so we had to part ways. I was about to say good bye but he beat me to it.

“I gotta go. I’ll see you around, maybe?” He asked me.

“Sure, see you later!” I dashed off towards my bus. I stepped on, greeted the driver, and sat alone with my violin sandwiched between myself and the window.

Just before the bus pulled away I had taken out my phone to listen to music. When I finally got my earbuds untangled, I put Skillet on shuffle. I turned it up loud enough to tune out the rest of the bus, and lightly headbanged to “Hero”. I stared out the window all the way to my stop.


When I got home, I lined up all of my classes’ syllabi for my mom to sign.

“Hold on, I thought you told me you were going to drop French so you’d have study hall?” She looked at me like I spit in her drink.

“I just figured it wouldn’t hurt to know as much French as possible since I may or may not study abroad…” I tried to tell her, she wasn’t having it.

“You need to focus on your career path, Adrian. You can’t be daydreaming about Paris when you’re supposed to be figuring out what you’re actually going to do with your life.” She’s explained this to me a hundred times over, saying how she knows I’m “never going to be able to get out of the state with those kind of social skills”. I tend to ignore it, because I know she has plans for me, regardless of my own opinions on the matter. Parents will be parents, I guess.

After I finally got her to sign all of my papers, including the French one, I put them back in my backpack and locked myself in my room. There wasn’t much to do around here, and my siblings basically hated me since I was the bossy older sister. So I would just do my homework or play on my phone until dinner time. I hear tonight we’re having spaghetti.

Dinner was the typical first day of school scenario. Where my mom would ask each of us in turn how our day was. We all just kind of gave half-assed answers. Nobody ever really likes the first day of school. I told her how I had a couple of classes with Matty, and in English we had the whole gang there. After that she kind of scoffed and told me I better still get good grades in that class. I just nodded and told her not to worry about it.

When I finished, just like any other night I went back up to my room to just hang around with my cat, Gizmo. He was a black and white cat, and he looked like he was always wearing a tuxedo. As soon as I walked into the room, he started to purr and walk between my feet. When I finally got to the side of my bed, I just collapsed. I plugged my phone into the outlet next to the head of my bed so I could text the group chat consisting of the fantabulous four. I lay on my stomach as I wait for someone to reply. Gizmo jumped onto my back to lay down when Felicia answered.

F: Hey! Did you tell your mom about you choosing French?

A: Technically, yes. I gave her the syllabus, I can’t believe she signed it

F: Awesome!

A: Yeah, hey where are Rich and Matty???

F: They’re “hanging out” >:)

A: What’s that supposed to mean? XD

F: They said they were studying, but I have a hard time believing that.

A: Of course YOU would think that.

R: Really guys? We can see this…

F: We know ;)

M: Wow guys…. Thanks… real mature

F: I SHIP IT OK?!

A: Lol everybody needs to calm down like, 10 notches XD

R: Yo, Adrian, call meh

A: I gotchu


*In Call*

R: Hey.

A: Hi, what’s going on? Everything ok?

R: Yeah, well I think so…

A: Did something happen between you and Matty?

R: Sort of. She said she had a secret, and I took a wild guess that it was about a guy. That’s kind of what her eyes seemed to say.

A: Then what?

R: Then, she told me it was a secret, and that it wasn’t for me.

A: Oh, hm.. So why did you call me about this?

R: Well, I almost felt jealous. It was weird. I’m not sure… I’ve always felt kind of protective over you guys, but with Matty it’s.. Different.

A: Are you saying what I think you’re saying…?!

R: Yeah, but PLEASE DON’T TELL HER! Not yet anyways. That’s why I told you rather than Felicia.

A: Understandable. All right, we should probably get going. It IS getting late…

R: Right, I’ll talk to you guys tomorrow

A: Yeah, see ya!

*End of Call*

I set down my phone on my bedside table and let my head fall onto my pillow. I was going to go and get changed but I was too tired from school. That and Gizmo was asleep on my back.

I totally knew something was gonna happen between Rich and Matty, but I don’t want to force anything. I know Matty had always thought of him as a best guy friend, and she’s never told me she likes him like that. Richard flirts with everybody, then again he seems to put more of an effort into it when he’s with her. But what about this other guy that Rich just told me about? What if he likes Matty too?

I need to calm my thoughts, think about something else…

What about Misha? That was pretty out of the ordinary for someone as popular as him to even come near someone like me. I mean according to some of the cheerleaders, we’re blessed to be breathing the same air. It’s not like I’m super confident either. HE approached ME. I guess I’ll just have to tell Matty and the others tomorrow.

I know the first day of school is supposed to be rough, but this is some mid-year drama right here.



© 2017 LizzySilverthorn


Author's Note

LizzySilverthorn
My friend wrote this chapter. Oh, and I repeat, real life people repurposed as fictional characters; this does not accurately represent how I or my friend feel about them.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

210 Views
Added on May 28, 2017
Last Updated on May 28, 2017
Tags: oc, misha, misha collins, rich, richard speight, richard speight jr, supernatural actors, high school, high school au