Unthinkable (4)

Unthinkable (4)

A Chapter by Luna
"

Chapter four

"
"Amarantha, sit down. This is something I hadn't planned for..." Acanthus sighed. He ran a hand through his ashen hair, as was his habit.

"What are you?" Amarantha asked more urgently.

"I'm a Vampire." He sighed. What was the point in lying to her?

"So you..." She gulped.

"Drink blood? Yes, but only because I have to. I don't kill when I do." Acanthus sighed, yet again.

Amarantha shivered, "oh..." Amarantha sat, as far from him as possible.

"Amara listen, I never meant for you to find out."

She frowned, "But I barely know you. I met you today." She protested, causing him to chuckle.

"Amara, I'm in three of your classes. I sit beside you in Math and English, and behind you in Chemistry."

"Oh...Well why haven't I seen you then?" She asked.

"You're always talking to Connor." He grumbled, struggling to hide a surge of unwanted jealousy.

"Oh.." Was her genius response, "Sorry."

He shrugged. "Doesn't matter." He said gruffly, "come on, we should get back to Iris."

Amarantha nodded, standing up dizzily. That's when Acanthus looked at her. Really looked at her.

She was wearing large, baggy sweatpants, a large black hoody, her golden hair was in a messy ponytail that was coming undone, her green eyes were dull, and she had dark
circles under her eyes.

"Hey..." He said softly, placing a hand on her cheek, "Are you okay?"

Amarantha glared at him and slapped his hand away tiredly, "of course I'm not okay! It's been a long day! I found out my sister has cancer, her boyfriend is a demon, she might turn into a demon, you're a Vampire, and my life is freaking upside down! Would you be okay?" She snapped.

Acanthus grabbed her hand and gave it a light squeeze. "I'm sorry. Come on, let's go see your sister."

She just nodded and they went back to the hospital.

When they got there, she was even worse. Even Acanthus, who was used to death, was shocked at how bad she looked.

"Ms. Johnson, can I speak to for a moment?" The doctor said, glancing at the sleeping Iris.

Amarantha turned around slowly and was instantly consumed by fear. The doctor had long black hair and sad grey eyes. Over all, she was very kind looking, but Amarantha had a very bad feeling.

"Doctor Soul." Acanthus nodded.

"Mr. Grey. Ms. Johnson, can we go out into the hall please?"

Amarantha was shaking, "He comes too." She whispered, clutching Acanthus's hand.
Dr. Soul nodded. "Very well. Come." She said, walking out of the room. Amarantha clutched Acanthus's hand and followed after her.

When they were out in the hall, and Iris's door was shut, Dr. Soul turned to look at them.

"Ms. Johnson. I-"

"Amarantha. Call me Amarantha." She whispered.

"Amarantha... I'm sorry. Iris can't be saved...spread...too late...pain...stage three...two weeks...operation...death..."

The doctor's voice faded in and out as the room began to spin.

Iris is going to die, Amarantha thought, she's going to die and it's all my fault!

The world turned splotchy and grey, then black as the floor rose up to meet her.

"Amarantha!" Acanthus yelled, although it sounded like he was screaming in water.

So this is what it's like to die... Amarantha thought.

All she could see is blackness, hear Acanthus's voice, smell the horrible, acrid scent of sickness and death. She felt cold all over, like she had been in the snow too long, and she could taste something metallic. Unbeknownst her her, she had bitten her lip, causing her to bleed. Her mind went blank as Acanthus caught her.



© 2011 Luna


Author's Note

Luna
haha poor Acanthus XD

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Interesting. I like how she is confronted with problems both supernatural and real. She just found out about the existence of werewolves, vampires and such, but then there is the conflict of her sister's health. Poor Iris. It is a nice mix of real life and fantasy. Keep writing!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Interesting. I like how she is confronted with problems both supernatural and real. She just found out about the existence of werewolves, vampires and such, but then there is the conflict of her sister's health. Poor Iris. It is a nice mix of real life and fantasy. Keep writing!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

199 Views
1 Review
Added on March 5, 2011
Last Updated on March 5, 2011


Author

Luna
Luna

Ontario, Canada



About
I'm a fourteen year old Canadian girl who loves supernatural, paranormal stories. I also love fantasy. Evanescence, Epica and Paramore are three of my favourite bands, and I also love Emilie Autumn. T.. more..

Writing
Someday Someday

A Poem by Luna


Everyday Everyday

A Poem by Luna