Survival Diaries Prologue

Survival Diaries Prologue

A Chapter by M.C.Britz

The adventure of a lifetime. 

   That for us is a road trip together to celebrate our 15 years of friendship and my best friend, Spencer's 21st birthday. A road trip around Australia. For years, we had been planning our big get away, planning a few and cutting it down to this one. Our Ultimate bestie get away. 

We started in Melbourne. Visiting the Melbourne Museum, Royal Melbourne Zoo, Melbourne Aquarium and many more fantastic destinations. Spenser got a photo with herself covered in meerkats and me, a giraffe licking my face. 

Our next stop was Sydney. The city of partying and drinking, but a city you never want to drive in. We learnt that the hard way. The most memorable moment was when we climbed to the top of the bridge and took a wild selfie. 

   Next Stop, Cairns. Oh, how beautiful Cairns was. We stayed in a 5-star hotel and relaxed poolside for a week! Most memorable moment. Snorkelling at turtle island and admiring that part of the Great Barrier Reef. It was so beautiful, we were visited by some playful dolphins and relaxed turtles. 

   From there we went to Darwin. We drove little land rovers in the open land. We only spent a weekend there as it was a stop on the way to Ayres Rock. The centre of Australia. In Darwin, we stocked the car up with plenty of water and food to last us for a while, planning of not stopping at any motels. 

   It seemed as if we had been driving for hours on end because of the nothingness around us which was the True Australian Outback. I checked the time and for 4 straight hours we were singing Disney songs at the top of our lungs. "Hey...want to do something dangerous?" 

    I didn't think it could end so badly... 



© 2017 M.C.Britz


Author's Note

M.C.Britz
Please note that this was originally written on a mobile phone, so if there are any grammar or spelling mistakes. Forgive me and I will get to it as soon as possible.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

70 Views
Added on April 19, 2017
Last Updated on April 19, 2017
Tags: Survival, Friendship, Trust, Australia, Team Work, Diary


Author

M.C.Britz
M.C.Britz

Australia



About
Hello everyone. I go by DaizyPanda or Rainy Days (most covers will be of DaizyPanda) I write a variety of different genres. Horror-Romance, Sci-Fi - Dystopian. Fantasy - Crime and Mature themes. My .. more..

Writing