Survival Diaries Ending

Survival Diaries Ending

A Chapter by M.C.Britz

Day 25...The worst day of my life.

   Today must be one of the worst in my life. I had to make the decision to either leave or stay by Spenser's side. She was no longer able to walk. I wasn't strong enough to carry her the rest of the way for however long we had left. She had told me to go. Go find help and bring them to her and she will be fine. She's a fighter. 

   I pleaded with her but she wouldn't have it one bit. I was forced to leave her there, on the side of the road. It felt like a part of my heart was being ripped out. She's my best friend and I may not see her ever again. 

   While I walked today, I felt on and off dizziness but I kept pushing through it. 

   Please, let me find someone soon! 

    Day 27...Finally 

   Today, I woke up to bright lights above me. The frigid air from an oxygen pump making its way through my nose and to my lungs. The sight of my mother’s overjoyed face fixing my view. She cried looking down at me. I was so hopped up on medication and recovering from a major surgery to really project how much joy I felt. I was finally found. Right behind my mother I could see a few faces I didn't recognise on my right and the doctor and Spenser on my left. 

   "How are you feeling?" Spenser said while leaning over me. 

   "I'm...I’ve felt better" 

   "I'm glad you’re ok. A few hours after you left, this man found me. I told him you had continued down the road and they found you collapsed. They rushed us to the nearest town where an ambulance helicopter was waiting and brought us here." 

   The overwhelming feeling of happiness I had for being found and not wasting away in the outback; filled me and drew tears out of my eyes. 

   Later that day I found out that I came very close to losing my leg. That I'll be here for the next couple of months to get me back on track with my health. 

   Even though I'm here in this hospital bed, hooked up to machines. I realise that, that one decision. It almost killed Spenser and myself. We survived. 

   

That one risk is not worth a life.... 

 



© 2017 M.C.Britz


Author's Note

M.C.Britz
Please note that this was originally written on a mobile phone, so if there are any grammar or spelling mistakes. Forgive me and I will get to it as soon as possible.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

82 Views
Added on April 19, 2017
Last Updated on April 19, 2017
Tags: Survival, Friendship, Trust, Australia, Team Work, Diary


Author

M.C.Britz
M.C.Britz

Australia



About
Hello everyone. I go by DaizyPanda or Rainy Days (most covers will be of DaizyPanda) I write a variety of different genres. Horror-Romance, Sci-Fi - Dystopian. Fantasy - Crime and Mature themes. My .. more..

Writing