Survival Diaries chapter 1

Survival Diaries chapter 1

A Chapter by M.C.Britz

Day 1...The Accident. 

    "Hey...want to do something dangerous?". My best friend Spenser said while driving along a lonely deserted road in the middle of nowhere. "We won't get caught. There's no one here at all" her joyful smile, blinding the rational side of me as I agree to doing it. She put her foot to the floor, speeding down the silent dirt road. I must admit, it was fun at first. The Wild and exhilarating feeling of speed and breaking the rules. I turned the volume up, blaring our favourite rock song. 

We rocked out, getting lost in the moment to even realise what was in front of us. We didn't even realise that a pack of wild camels was crossing the road until it was too late. We both screamed at the sight. Spenser swerved out of the way but we must have hit a pot hole because the car suddenly launched into the air. Hitting the ground on every side of the car. That's when I blacked out. 

When I woke up, we were upside down. Lose dirt was still floating around in the air. The smell of something burning filled the wreck we called a car. When I finally came to I realised, it was the car that was on fire. As panic set in I looked over to see if Spenser was ok. Thankfully she was and that she had just come to as well. "We need to get out! The car is on fire!" I yelled, rushing to get my seatbelt off so we could escape the time bomb we were sitting in. 

   We managed to make it out. Limping as fast as I could away from the car when I realised Spenser had turned back to the car, running to the boot. "Spenser what are you doing? You’re going to kill yourself" I yelled, stopping and watching what she was doing. She had opened the boot and out came our duffle bag we had packed for if an emergency were to happen. 

   "I need to get it" she yelled. As soon as she grabbed a hold of it she sprinted away from the car. If she had been standing there for another minute longer she would have been killed with the explosion the car expelled. The explosion seemed to be a lot bigger than normal, granted we had a few fuel cans in the car. The force of the explosion forced us to the ground, catching the heat that burnt our skin. 

   A few minutes later when we could get up, we stopped and watched the burning wreckage before us. Shock filling us as we watched the flames. 

   "What are we going to do? There is no one for miles" Spenser said still in shock but coming to the realisation of our situation. 

   "We have to walk...we have to find someone" 

   "To where? We are in the middle of nowhere" 

   "Follow the road and we will find someone" 

   "But we are-" 

   "We have to try!" 

We set out on our journey by foot to find help. 

   

   Day 5...Running out of food. 

The emergency bag Spenser had rescued had only a little bit of food in it was, that we finished today. Now we only have 2 bottles of water. Water that was going to have to last for however long we are stuck out here. The nights were cold and we only had 1 picnic blanket to keep us warm so we had to huddle up as close as we could. We barely got any sleep because the silence was unnerving, what was worse, the sounds the animals made that could potentially kill us made it worse. 

   Whenever I got the chance, I checked my leg that limped and it just seemed like every day the bruising and swelling got worse and worse. It looked like I had been bitten by a zombie and It was slowly turning me. During the day, we can still see the smoke in the distance from the wreck. 

   It's 5 days in following the road and still no sign of human life. How far do we have to go to get to someone? 



© 2017 M.C.Britz


Author's Note

M.C.Britz
Please note that this was originally written on a mobile phone, so if there are any grammar or spelling mistakes. Forgive me and I will get to it as soon as possible.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

78 Views
Added on April 19, 2017
Last Updated on April 19, 2017
Tags: Survival, Friendship, Trust, Australia, Team Work, Diary


Author

M.C.Britz
M.C.Britz

Australia



About
Hello everyone. I go by DaizyPanda or Rainy Days (most covers will be of DaizyPanda) I write a variety of different genres. Horror-Romance, Sci-Fi - Dystopian. Fantasy - Crime and Mature themes. My .. more..

Writing