Survival Diaries chapter 2

Survival Diaries chapter 2

A Chapter by M.C.Britz

Day 10...Testing the friendship 

   Spenser and I had our first argument. I'm sure if someone heard us they would think we were stupid and petty. 

   "I knew this was a stupid idea to do! We should have just gone to New Zealand" 

   Is what I recall her saying. Blaming me on all this mess. We bickered back and forth and her words really hurt. I tried to see that she was just stressed, dehydrated and hungry self. It was hard. The days ran extremely hot and there was barely any shade whoever we go. We probably smell like we were just dipped in a toilet and dried. 

   We are running low on water, dropping down to 3/4 of our last bottle so we agreed that whenever we drink, we will only take one small mouthful to hopefully spare as much water as we could. On our walk, today my leg gave out and I realised how much pain was there. I think I may have broken it. I really hope we find someone soon. Spenser is not looking good at all. All day she complained about how something bit her and it was itchy and sore. 

   Day 18...How much longer can we take? 

   I haven't written the last few days. It's been so hectic. Our hunger has grown so much we were forced to scavenge like wild animals that could somewhat satisfy our hunger. My leg has gotten so bad to the point where I can't move my foot and it looks like it is going purple. Spenser made me a makeshift crutch out of broken branches and the hair ties she had in her hair. I'm very grateful because it's made it a lot easier to walk since. As for the bite Spenser has, the bumps have gotten worse. It has spread down her arm now. 

   Day 24...could things get any worse? 

   Today seems like it's going on forever. As of right now, I'd say it's one of the worst. We had made it to Ayres rock. It was a lot quieter in terms of less people. What am I saying, there was no one around? I don't even remember what day it is let alone barely remembering how long we have been out here. 

   This was supposed to be a momentous day for us. But it wasn't. When we were on our way, away from Ayres rock and it started to get dark. Spenser didn't realise but she stepped on a snake’s tail; it turned around and bit her on her calf. We managed to pry it off but the effects were almost instantly. I'm surprised she is making it through the night. 



© 2017 M.C.Britz


Author's Note

M.C.Britz
Please note that this was originally written on a mobile phone, so if there are any grammar or spelling mistakes. Forgive me and I will get to it as soon as possible.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

75 Views
Added on April 19, 2017
Last Updated on April 19, 2017
Tags: Survival, Friendship, Trust, Australia, Team Work, Diary


Author

M.C.Britz
M.C.Britz

Australia



About
Hello everyone. I go by DaizyPanda or Rainy Days (most covers will be of DaizyPanda) I write a variety of different genres. Horror-Romance, Sci-Fi - Dystopian. Fantasy - Crime and Mature themes. My .. more..

Writing