Chapter Three

Chapter Three

A Chapter by Gabriel Firebrand

The wolf that was chasing the teenage girl named Amy found himself lost somewhere in the jungle. He had planned to eat the girl alone, and he knew within himself that he would be able to find his way back to his territory.

 

However, he had not expected to lose the girl. He grunted and growled, whilst walking all over the woods, unable to find his prey.

 

Unfortunately for Amy, she had unintentionally left behind something crucial: her jacket. "Her muddy, dirty jacket." The wolf was able to find it, and now it was in between his teeth. He knows he could regain his "meat" if given the time. And so, he headed north, using his sense of smell to track the girl down.

 

Of course, being several miles away from the violent animal, Amy was well unaware of this. She was busy exploring in some house she discovered. After eating the porridge that was left out cold, she went upstairs to its second floor.

 

There she discovered three different beds. One large, one average-sized and one small. She inspected the large bed first, and obviously seeing that it was too big for her, she moved on to the second bed and realized this was a little big for her.

 

She was going to go and examine the third bed when she heard footsteps coming from the floor below. Nervous, she hid under the smallest bed present.

 

A tall and muscular man, wearing a gray shirt and jeans stumbled inside the house. He wore a fedora and had a stubble. In his shirt read "JOSHUA CLAYTON, ANIMAL ADVENTURER: WEEKENDS @ 8PM", with his face plastered right in the middle, along with his right hand giving a thumbs-up.

 

"Hello? Anyone here? Hello?" he said whilst entering inside. He ventured towards the upper floor and came across the three beds. He scratched his head, obviously puzzled that no one was around. He shrugs his shoulders. Just then, the wolf leaped within inches of the man!

 

"Ah-ha! I've--"

 

The man pounced on the wolf and began to choke him with his bare hands.

 

"I know your kind, scumbag. Your race is one of the most despised of all. WHAT DO YOU WANT?"

 

The wolf gurgled as he tried to talk.

 

 

"I-- I c-came here for a girl. I followed her sc-scent. Stop choking meee."

 

The man loosens his grip on the wolf. But as soon as the man let go of his grasp, the wolf turned the tables on him.

 

The wolf bit the man right on the shoulder, with the victim screaming in agony and writhing in pain.

 

The man's eyes turned a steely blue, his pupils grew wider while his skin began to grow fur.

 

 

The man howled as the wolf looked on wiith a sly grin on his face.

 

Amy, who could no longer contain her fear, came out from underneath the bed with a broomstick.

 

"Don't move a muscle. I've got a weapon!"

 

The man-turned-wolf roared with laughter, "You think a silly broom could stop me?"

 

 

He then threw the animal that bit him over the window!

 

Amy's neon-green eyes widened and her jaw dropped in deep shock. She could not believe what just transpired here.

 

"You're a sweet little piece of meat... ...only good enough for one wolf."

 

Licking his lips, he motioned towards Amy with clenched fists. Amy on instinct tries backing away. She then swings the broom right at the man-wolf, but he was able to duck. She tried again, but to no avail. The man-wolf grabbed Amy by the neck and pinned her agains the wall. He roared, his mouth opening to the widest extent, almost encompassing Amy's entire face. The girl now had tears streaming down her eyes, and in her head, she was reciting a prayer.

 

 

A loud thud was heard all over the house, and moreso heard by the man-wolf, who was a victim of a shot to the back of the head with a frying pan. A bear wearing a collared shirt and work pants had saved her, and with him were a bear wearing a dress and a smaller bear wearing a cartoon shirt and jeans.

 

 

"We were only gone a few hours, and it looked like dinner was about to be served during our absence." The bear said.

 

 

Amy was at a loss for words. She was speechless.

 

 

"What's your name?"

 

"Amy... Amelia, sir."

 

"You can tell me what happened here when we get in the car. It's obvious you're not from here, little girl, so just state your address and we'll drive you there."

 

"Y-yes, sir."

 

"Come on, let's get you home."

 

 

-THE END-

 

Goldy Locks

(a reimagining of Goldilocks and the Three Bears)

by Miguel Asistio

 



© 2011 Gabriel Firebrand


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Cute. You have a very wide imagination. Nice re-imagination :)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
1 Review
Added on July 11, 2011
Last Updated on July 11, 2011


Author

Gabriel Firebrand
Gabriel Firebrand

Gotham City



About
My ultimate dream is to be a comic book writer. How can I do that, when there are many hindrances in the way of my dream? First off, I live in the Philippines, so if I actually become a comic bo.. more..

Writing
29 29

A Poem by Gabriel Firebrand