Insanity Reigns

Insanity Reigns

A Chapter by InsanityWriter
"

About a crazy girl in an insane asylum, who killed her murderer lover.

"

I am in a carriage. The men around me look so weird. They are very serious looking. I look at my hands and arms. There are pretty flowers growing out of my skin. I laugh. The men look at me funny again and I ask them which flower is the prettiest. One of them shakes his head and the rest look away from me.

We are nearing a big building. I talk to the lady in the carriage. I do not know how she got in here; she just appeared suddenly, so I asked her. The men in the carriage look at me weird again.

Now we are going up a driveway to a big building. The men escort me to the entrance. The lady disappears, so I ask where she went. The men give me strange looks again.

I am led into a white hallway. There are lots of doors and few windows. It feels so small in here.

I don’t know why I'm here. I am hearing the whispers again.

They take me into a room. It’s all so white. There are so many bright lights. Too many. Too many. Too, too, too many!

You’re back in that place you wanted to forget.

Blood.

It’s everywhere.

Splattered like paint on a seizured artist’s canvas.

Red and deep

The sweetly poisonous scent of copper.

And there he is.

The one who did this.

Burning deep inside you is an evil feeling.

Something which makes your skin crawl

And your face goes red.

A prickling sensation upon your cheeks.

Hot, burning,

Feverish.

An evil, twisted, hated feeling.

Love.

No. he won’t be caught.

You can’t let him be taken away.

You take the knife he has set down.

Goodbye.

The deep liquid gushes onto your hands,

Through your fingers.

He screams and writhes.

Your knife in in his throat.

He falls.

You kneel beside him and kiss his shaking lips.

You whisper into his dying ear,

“I love you.”


I am in somewhere. Where am I? It is cold. It is darkening. I cannot move! Some people dressed in white come in. The voices are talking too loudly. I cannot hear. I scream for silence. There is pain.

I am quiet now. They come back in. The people in white come back. They are asking questions. They are talking. I cannot understand them again. I am too busy listening to the singing. Such a sweet voice.

I know you know me.
Come, come to me.

I want to go. I say so. But then the answer, the answer did not want me to obey the song. Anger in inside me, boiling and frothing.

You hate.

Hate so red and furious you reach out when you have the chance.

The chance to dig your nails deep into the flesh of one of your restrainers.

He lets forth a cry of pain.

You smile.

It reminds you of your beloved

Who is now safe from the evils of the world.

You break your restraints.


I am seeing blood. Those people have tied me to a bed. Now they are leaving. There is blood on the ground. There is blood on my hands. There are broken ropes on the ground.

What is going on? They are yelling at me. No. I don’t like it. Please make it stop!

The voices. The hissing voices...

Once they are gone, I relax. It is quiet. I sleep a long time. People come, and they feed me. Then I am let out. They take off the ropes that held me down, and I get up. I am taken to another room. It has a window, with bars. I look outside.

It is a courtyard, and in that courtyard runs a fountain. Around it are people. And the oddest people at that. They are talking to things that don’t exist. Can you imagine that?

They must be crazy.

I don't know why I'm here, but the voices tell me that everything will be alright.

I look about me and see the stone walls shift in their places. They swirl and spiral and change into trees.

You remember the feeling...

You danced in frenzic circles,

You laughed in the falling rain.

Droplets of your love's blood dripped from your cheek,

The water washed it away,

All you had left of him was that deep red

that seeped into the knife and splattered your face.

He is gone,

He is safe,

and you rejoice.


I stand and spin in a circle. As the walls around me blur, they change. I am now in some magical forest, and the voices want me to run away.

My legs carry me into the woods, but not very far. It is only two or so feet until I cannot continue. There is some invisible force that is preventing me from continuing to follow the voice's orders.

I furiously slam myself into whatever is attempting to disallow me from following the voice's command to run farther. I scream and claw at my barrier.

You must get away.

You must get free.

Hatred spews from your heart.

Pure, wretched loathing gnaws viciously upon your soul.

You must break free!

Utter desperation consumes you

As the need for escape from these confines

Takes a gripping hold.

Ceaselessly you slam yourself against what you cannot see.

You feel a warm red dripping slowly down the side of your face.

You do not care.

All that matters is that you follow what the voice tells you.

You split your head open from the sheer force you exert to break free.


I am lying on the ground. A dull ache radiates upon the entirety of my body. The voice has calmed and I am back in that white room. Voices. Voices from outside. Rushed footsteps, and my vision slowly ebbs away. My heart is slowing and strange thoughts and emotions are prying into within it.

You feel and taste the copper red.

Is your heart evil?

There are such wretched thoughts within it.

Hate. Love. Sadness.

You reach out for the cloaked figure coming for you,

And you see darkness.

Your last thoughts are of your love,

You'll burn together.

Forever.


Hello.




© 2013 InsanityWriter


Author's Note

InsanityWriter
Please review and enjoy! All feedback is welcome. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is the first of your works I have read, and I am definitley not dissapointed in the least. This is absolutely amazing. It caught and held my attention. Wonderful use of font and spacing. This whole piece was dripping with emotion and pure insanity.
"And the oddest people at that. They are talking to things that don't exist. Can you imagine that?
They must be crazy." I absolutely loved this line. It is true that when you have truly lost your mind, you do not notice that it is missing.
I look forward to reading more of your writing in the morning. xx

Posted 10 Years Ago


InsanityWriter

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much!!! I really hope I don't disappoint... I'm so happy you liked it! :D No one's comm.. read more
De-personalize Yourself

10 Years Ago

Well, you can expect to be seeing more comments from me very soon. (: You are very welcome!!!
This is fantastic! You really portrayed her confusion and her misunderstanding! This is very well-written and slightly creepy...;) I enjoyed this piece very much!
Tally-ho!

Posted 10 Years Ago


InsanityWriter

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much for reading!! I'm so glad you liked it. :)
This is really good, but might I ask if I am understand this correctly?
So this person (I'll assume a girl) has killed her loved one because she has lost her mind, and she is in an insane asylum (?) and listening to the voice, but the voice is her singing what she is doing and she doesn't realize it, and she is let outside and finds a wall and wants free so she tries to break the wall and she dies. Correct? Really well written. ^_^

Posted 10 Years Ago


InsanityWriter

10 Years Ago

Correct, only she isn't let outside. Thank you so much for reading!! I'm so happy you liked it. :3
Silent Wolf

10 Years Ago

^_^ You're welcome. ^_^
Well written. It is what i would imagine someone who has gone mad or has some sort of mental illness that is really bad. I should really tell you this but I have heard voices and seen dead people. It hasn't gotten to where one of my oldest friends has. He heard voices and went off. he litterally destoried the house and almost killed his brother. I do not know what happened to him but this reminded me of him and maybe this is what it was like for him no one will ever know.

Posted 11 Years Ago


InsanityWriter

11 Years Ago

Wow. Thank you for reading and for sharing that story. I've always been intrigued by the human mind... read more
great narrative poem. perfectly describes the experience of someone mad. the killing, for whatever reason, the smell of blood. there is a lot of blood throughout the story. the details of the scenes at the asylum is what one might imagine it would be like in there. the girl banging her head on the wall, the voices, the restraints almost makes you feel sorry for the patient. but she is definitely psychotic and has morbid thoughts. great job.

Posted 11 Years Ago


InsanityWriter

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your kind review. ^_^ I really appreciate you reading my work!!
Very creepy and intense. This little story held me close to the screen as I did not want it to end. I like how this is formatted and how it carried theme in this dark place. Nice.

Posted 11 Years Ago


InsanityWriter

11 Years Ago

Thank you for reading!! I'm very happy you liked it! :)
I'd maybe suggest cutting out the "I am hearing the whispers again," simply because that's an idea that's used a lot when people want to convey madness. The poetry section following is very well done and gives the impression that it's in the protagonist's head anyway, so I don't think you need the aforementioned line. Not really a criticism though, more a suggestion.

"the voices are talking too loudly." - just a typo here, you missed the capital "T"

"the people in white come back." - and again.

This is just a thought that occurred to me; rather than just having "the voices" which as I said is a little bit cliche, you could use the woman mentioned right at the beginning and give the voices some kind of manifestation. So she is the one speaking the poetry scattered through the piece. Up to you of course, just some food for thought.

Okay, I'm not given to laying on praise, but I was honestly bowled over by how good this piece was. The opening paragraphs in particular hooked me instantly. The simple, short sentences really create a great sense of disjointed, chaotic thought. There was only one thing I really picked out, and that was not a big deal. All in all this was brilliant.

Good job, and I hope this helps!

Jamie.

Posted 11 Years Ago


InsanityWriter

11 Years Ago

Thank you for your thoughts. ^_^ I'll be sure to fix the typos. I know 'voices are a bit clichéd, b.. read more
snaprabbit

11 Years Ago

No problem, and really with the 'voices' I was looking for things to complain about so I wouldn't wo.. read more
InsanityWriter

11 Years Ago

's okay. :) Thank you for reviewing. ^_^
At first I was really thrown off by the voice and the simple language of the narrator. Then after reading a couple sentences I saw how it fit completely. Her inner monologue reminds me of a child's... I mean that in a good way. Insane people often have the mentality of a child throwing a tantrum. The narrator seems to be dumbed down by psychiatric drugs, which is fitting. You also managed to maintain this voice throughout the entire story.

The poetry broke up the story perfectly. It really balanced it out. That's where you really used your language skills. It was creepy and effective. I'm leaving this story feeling disturbed, so you did your job as a writer.

Nice work!

Posted 11 Years Ago


InsanityWriter

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much. ^_^ I'm glad you enjoyed it!! :)
This is that fine line between insanity and genius! What a crazy, twisted story, and so enjoyable. I was fascinated by every word. The voices are especially intriguing. Either you have a very vivid imagination or you belong in the room next to me at the asylum! Well done.

Posted 11 Years Ago


InsanityWriter

11 Years Ago

XD Thank you for reading. I'm glad you liked it. ;)

And it may be the latter... (;
Frieda P

11 Years Ago

haha Skittles!
I intend to read more of your lunacy, stay tuned. ;-)
pure genius truly genius greatness best work ive ever read i love how you went from story to poem or story to voices brilliant... i recommend you extend on her story

Posted 11 Years Ago


InsanityWriter

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much for reading!! (: I'm very happy you enjoyed it. ^_^

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

682 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 25, 2012
Last Updated on January 20, 2013


Author

InsanityWriter
InsanityWriter

I'm amongst my people. Praise!



About
****Please review some of my works if you're going to send me a friend request, I will return the favor. Thanks!! :) I write mostly poetry, but I do have a book of short stories (it's literally cal.. more..

Writing
Chasm Chasm

A Poem by InsanityWriter



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Donna Donna

A Poem by Tate Morgan


 Us Us

A Poem by Tate Morgan