Falling Feathers

Falling Feathers

A Chapter by InsanityWriter
"

Taking the hands of evil...

"

It was dark. It was cold. It was lonely-- and a sinister wind twisted in between the aching branches of the ancient, moaning trees.

The wind. It’s winding whispers of softened screams echoed and creaked from the crevices beneath their bark, and crying murmurs slipped into the dark melody of the forest.

She was alone.

Alone... Save for the corpses beneath her, a single tombstone above a dual grave. No coffin encased the two beneath the ground whose flesh had long been eaten away, and their burial shroud dissolved into the earth’s dirt. So long ago...

The mournful wind that blew, that baleful wind that hissed oh-so softly, reflected their means of life.

And so upon their grave, she wept.

“Am I not human?” She asked the still rotting bones buried beneath her feet. “Am I not?”

Was there truth in those words? Was it possible? Was there even a shred of humanity somewhere deep in her darkened heart? It was them... Their fault. How could they have said such things of her? Had “her mother’s sin bled into her...”

The whispers, words, things they didn’t want her to hear, yet did.

Oh how their blood had run so sweetly, soft upon her fingertips. Gentle... Soothing... Warm.

“Keep away from the demon-child!” Yet their words still echoed from the past. Their words which she wished to have stabbed into the ever-darkness with their sayers. The very remembrance... Tears stung her eyes for breif moments before the rushing wind stole them from her face.

"What is wrong with me??" She screamed, a terror and fury seizing her in that secluded place, her heart.

Hatred began to fill the voids within her soul, leaving still, as it always does, room for something else...

Evil.


The wind halted. The trees ceased. Eerie silence filled their place... And feathers began to fall.

At first they appeared white, beautiful, pure as snow... But they were sickly, ashy grey.

She looked up and about her for their source, only to turn her eyes in to another's pair.

He was alluring... Tempting...

He gently slipped his hands into hers. His eyes gazed into hers, truthfully telling lies.

She stared back into those eyes which held a strange hunger within them. Without speaking, he asked her to go with him-- to a place that, deep within her heart, she knew she should not go.

Then, with her own bloodied hands and he with his dying feathers, they decided to fall together.

It was immediate.

The falling. Spinning. Euruption of flames about them. Searing emptiness. Unfulfillment. Hate. Evil. And then the blood smeared loneliness...

He grinned to her, his own hate branded more fully in his dead soul. It reached to near his eyes, filled with jagged, Cheshire teeth, and from it, came laughter.

"Embrace the falling angel,

That you may be his in hell.

Death in this rotting, burning despair,

Yes, you were human, indeed, to kill."

 

 



© 2013 InsanityWriter


Author's Note

InsanityWriter
Please tell me what. You think. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This piece was visually expressive and I enjoyed every word! You definitely made this piece very intriguing for your readers and I think you could expand even more with the story by adding on to it. Well done!

I have to give this piece 100/100 :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


InsanityWriter

11 Years Ago

Thank you! :D I'm so happy you liked it!!
I'm quite intrigued by it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


InsanityWriter

11 Years Ago

Thank you for reading. :)
Carnation

11 Years Ago

No problem. Thanks for posting
I really like this. it looks like it'll make a good book for millions to read. Tell me how did you come up with this? It's very interesting. i would totally read it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


InsanityWriter

11 Years Ago

I got the idea from a contest I entered it in with the group Our Pens Bring Hell. :) Thanks for read.. read more
My favorite parts are when evil fills her void... And when the white feathers fall, very visual. The laughing Cheshire teeth were a great touch to his evilness. Dark and cool and fun to read!

Posted 11 Years Ago


InsanityWriter

11 Years Ago

I'm glad you liked it. ^_^ I was a little unsure about the ending, but I'm happy it turned out okay... read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

347 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 2, 2013
Last Updated on June 26, 2013


Author

InsanityWriter
InsanityWriter

I'm amongst my people. Praise!



About
****Please review some of my works if you're going to send me a friend request, I will return the favor. Thanks!! :) I write mostly poetry, but I do have a book of short stories (it's literally cal.. more..

Writing
Chasm Chasm

A Poem by InsanityWriter