Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Rose Tyler

    I am faced with a choice: Who to tell and who to bring.  Only two others of my kind can come with me and only 3 can know besides my companions.  I have chosen our top hunter, Aden and my lover, Jaxton.  Aden has been a close friend of mine since childhood and Jaxton was my choice by default - I go nowhere without him.  I wanted to bring Crystal but she would not have survived the journey.  She's not one to look in the face of danger and challenge and laugh.
    Whom have I told though?  My father and mother Alexander and Luna as well as my older brother Jack.  I told my parents so they would not think of me as a deserter and Jack so he could watch over me and pray for my safe return.  I have also prayed to Goddess for a safe journey, success and safe return.
    Jack is dead.  Jack has been dead for 3 years now, yet I am still able to talk to him every day.  Why?  I am not only a wolf, but I am also capable of psychic powers such as talking to dead family members, my visions (which always come true) and the power to project myself as a human as well as be able to talk to and understand a human with ease.
    My parents are both alive.  I got half of my powers from my great-grandmother on my mom's side and the other half from my grandfather on my dad's side.  Neither of my parents know that I have any of these powers; yet they know that I have to go on a great journey and may never return.
    I did have a sister, but no one ever talks about her.  She was 3 years old when she died and never found her mate.  Her name was Lila.  She was like me in the way she had special powers but other than that, she was normal like the rest of our pack.
    Who am I?  I am Lily, daughter of the legendary savior Alexander and sister to the greatest hunter, Jack.  I'm 18 years old in the human world. If you looked at me first glance, you'd think I was just an ordinary wolf in another pack. Take another look and you'd notice my fur is a mix of a cloudy, stormy grey, sand colored tan and a deep black.  Take a third glance close up and you'd also see my eyes are black for my pupils, tan for my iris and instead of my outer eyes being white, it's grey. Unless you knew who I was, you wouldn't know my fate.  I do not even know my fate yet.  Jack knows my fate,but has not told me what is to happen to me and my companions.  He keeps telling me to leave it alone and let the events play out as they need to.  
    We have to leave the night of the blood moon and reach our destination by the next moon.  We have to travel quickly for fear of not reaching our destination and failing our mission which is to retrieve the raven stone and sacrifice one of our people to save the rest.  I was told in my vision on of our kind was going to meet us at the mountain to be the sacrifice.  I only hope we make it here in time.
    No one else in my pack knows about my journey and what I have to do in order to be successful.  I cannot even tell you all I have to do in order to succeed.  My Goddess does not permit it and I do not want to fail before even trying.


© 2010 Rose Tyler


Author's Note

Rose Tyler
Ignore any grammar problems please. =)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very interesting prologue to what looks like a creative fantasy.
Going to go on to the next chapter...

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like the plot, I think It'd be better if you wrote it more.. wolfy I guess. Fan of the sight?

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like this already so far. I will read chapter one tomorrow. I'm falling asleep right now. So keep writing. Your really good. =)

Posted 13 Years Ago


a nice start to a book. the characters sound interesting and I would definetely want to read more of this book.
you've captured my interest during the first sentence and created curiosity during the rest of the read.

A strong start as a prologue

Posted 13 Years Ago


Nice introduction. With an intro like this, I'm sure the rest of the book will be just as good. Or even better.

Posted 13 Years Ago


interesting begining cheyenne. it gives just enough detail to intrique, and yet not so much that you know what the story is truly going to flesh out to be. the name choices i found were interesting as well, what made you choose the name for your character Lily if i may ask?

I'll have to keep an eye open for the next installment either way.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

625 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 21, 2010
Last Updated on July 24, 2010


Author

Rose Tyler
Rose Tyler

Gallifrey



About
I write likeDavid Foster WallaceI Write Like by Mémoires, journal software. Analyze your writing! I am.. ♪A writer ♪A caring person ♪Lovable ♪Addicted to music.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rose Tyler