Gentle Breeze

Gentle Breeze

A Chapter by Mandyy Reed
"

Hello,this is my first chapter of the story I started recently (( : I hope you like it

"
Katherine was sitting on a high chair,her hands were softly put on her green dress,gently stroking the fabric.Her long,brown curls were lightened by the sun shinning through the open window.She felt her palms getting sweaty and her eyes nervously looked around the room.A light breeze chilled her to the core and her whole body shivered.
"Don't move,” the man said,his voice chilled her even more,his eyes couldn't stop studying her face,he  knew every feature on it,every little detail.
He looked focused,rather vexed than pleased but a soft smile danced on his lips every time she glanced at him.He was sitting still on the bed across Katherine,his rough hands were holding the little pencil exploring the paper.when all of a sudden he got up and hid his pencil in his back pocket.The  man walked around the room,brooding and went on the balcony.The wind blew some of his hair away from his face and the sun hit his eyes in a way that made them turn from green to yellow.
He lighted a cigarette in one hand and held the drawing in the other,his glare was strongly focused on the drawing,while an elegant figure went behind him and stole his cigarette.
"So..Nick" she said,smoking the life out of the cigarette "Let's see if you're a better artist than me" she said,blowing the smoke away,before her lips turned into a smirk,she felt confident,although she could be selfish from time to time,she felt good in his company.He didn't move his glare from the paper,his mind was somewhere else,Nick was too focused and her pride was getting on his nerves already.
"I did pretty good."he spoke,finally,without moving his glare.He was smart and clever,too intelligent to be easily offended by her.
"I'll keep it" she said in a second,without even looking at it.He looked up to meet her eyes and held out the drawing to her .The sun was going down and her curls lost the light that made them so magnificent. She met Nick's eyes for the last time and walked in,leaving him alone and wondering what made that woman so special that he couldn't resist her


© 2012 Mandyy Reed


Author's Note

Mandyy Reed
Please Review ( :

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
_
Very pithy!!! :D I loved it, it was beautiful and so cool! Can't wait for the next chapter. :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


A good first chapter, you have left alot of room for potential and development. The characters are strong. All i would say is indent the paragraphs when you start a new one. It justs makes it easier to read! But other than that a good start.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mandyy Reed

11 Years Ago

Thank you
I like chapter lots, really
but I would just fix the space between the commas and periods because it kinda got me confused
Other than that, this is great! Keep it up :)
Can't wait for the rest of the story

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mandyy Reed

11 Years Ago

Thank you
Linda

11 Years Ago

You're welcome :)
A very nice set-up in the chapter. I like the interaction of the characters. A lot of stress and question brought to life in the short chapter. Thank you for sharing the excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mandyy Reed

11 Years Ago

Thank you

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

325 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 7, 2012
Last Updated on October 7, 2012
Tags: love.art.meeting.jatherine.


Author

Mandyy Reed
Mandyy Reed

Varna, Bulgaria



About
Hello,I'm seventeen and writing is my life,when I write i feel free.I'm here to share my ideas,poems,stories and my dreams with you and i hope you find a little bit of yourself in them. I fall in lov.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..