The Book of Revelation - a little bit more

The Book of Revelation - a little bit more

A Story by Just Manoosh
"

A welcome addition. Thank you.

"

The Book of Revelation – a little bit more (she smiles)

 

“The very reason she loves poetry”

 

Sitting in her office, enjoying the anticipation Friday brings, a stranger of unknown history has managed to make her smile.  Well no, that’s wrong; it was herself that instigated the feeling of happiness …. it was the stranger who gave her the map.

 

For a long time she has been looking for a map, she believed that it was stolen, but she was wrong, it was hidden under her mattress.

 

The question? The question that took her breath was part of a poem, the title of which was “Perhaps you loved me anyway”.

 

 

Wandering through the rooms inside her mind, pretending to work but lost in contemplation, she realises the true meaning of love. 

 

For so long our kindly heroin (how dare the evils of the world take such a distinctly good word and use it for the drug of destruction) has associated passion with love, not in the sexual way but the ardour of your own beliefs, and she thought she was awake when she was experiencing fervent belief…... her response to the said poem made her change her mind.

 

The poetic words themselves dance around how one partner expects more of the other, a cuddle on demand, flowers un-expectantly (expectantly) and so on/so forth.  Her response was of chocolate and smiles.  I continue ….

 

Each week her husband buys her a present, quite exuberantly he announces “I have brought you a present, it is in the fridge”.  Smiling she walks with strengthened footsteps to the kitchen and there in the fridge is a box of Ferrero Rocher sitting boxed up like freshly laid eggs.  He sings merrily “your favourites”.  A turn, a kiss, a smile and a thank you later everyone is happy.

 

The real story?

 

The story beneath the story is that they are not her favourite chocolates at all, THEY ARE HIS, and in fact she is sick to the back teeth of the damn things.  Don’t you see? Her smile is not from the chocolate (or from her husband getting it wrong for so long), it is from the thought.  He is showing how much he loves her by thinking of her, in his only little world granted, but undoubtedly he is. 

 

If she were to write her own poem under the very same subject matter it would be called

“I would much rather have a glass of wine you twit”, but I guess you love me anyway.

 

Love is not a thing that you “get”, is in fact just “getting there”.

 

No wonder she loves words and poetry so much, oh and there’s her husband she loves him too.

 

Now that’s real poetry.

 

© 2008 Just Manoosh


Author's Note

Just Manoosh
Now go read "�Perhaps you loved me anyway� by Floating on the feathers of a dandelion.

Mx

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Yes, I read the poem, it made me feel incredibly sad, this seemingly loveless relationship, but maybe he has always been that way, you make a great point......

Love is not a thing that you "get", is in fact just "getting there".

We both know actions speak louder than words when it comes to the heart, a lesson we have both learnt, and maybe the chocs in the fridge are not our most fave........but the deed and thought is there, the giving of pleasure.......little things, little looks, that closeness when u cuddled watching some stupid programme............if these little things are missing the whole picture is not, and never will be complete.........to love someone and not feel that love in return is so so sad, and you tell them, show them and yet you still sleep oceans apart...............
Do I make sense?
I couldn't love like that........it's too cold, and too sad.
I felt for Floating on the Feathers writer..............such sadness in her words.
So many different types of love.
But we feel love with the heart and actions.
Loved your romantic write :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Oh, just like Viola, you'll be my heroine for all time (in the States we add an 'e' to the spelling - perhaps it's different in the UK. But the pronunciation is exactly the same between 'heroine' and 'heroin'...strange that). I wonder though...what would happen if she actually told him about the chocolates? I mean sure, if this has been the state of affairs for years now, that would be awkward...but 'sick to the back teeth of the damn things'? That sounds pretty sick to me.

But on the other hand, I can imagine a scenario where she simply eats one, leaving the rest in the 'fridge and over the course of the week, the magic chocolate fairy has made his favorite chocos disappear. If that were the case, then I can see how the whole thing is kind of sweet (he's not buying them for *her*, he's buying them for *him*...a guilty pleasure that he can't justify for himself, but for her? Anything). For s***s and giggles, she should buy him a gift - her favorite, decedent bottle of wine. I mean, turn around is fair play, isn't it? ;-P

Posted 16 Years Ago


For so long our kindly heroin (how dare the evils of the world take such a distinctly good word and use it for the drug of destruction)

Posted 16 Years Ago


The thoughts are worth a million dollars or more!!! Even if the gesture compliments him as well. He could be like so many others, never get a single sentimental item for you : ( You are great with words and have a God-given talent.

Posted 16 Years Ago


It took me way too long to get here. Both to the reading and the place in my life where I know exactly what you're talking about. At least he thought about me. It's in a hundred little things every week. How can we doubt love like that?

Posted 16 Years Ago


I have read that poem - and I can see the point you make here - if he was so closed with his feelings upon their meeting - then she knew what she was getting. I think though - that there are always small acts that show love - my father can't stand hospitals, they make him physically ill. Yet when I had an operation a while back, although it was a little outpatient thing - he was outside waiting for me when they wheeled me out - that small act made me feel so loved. either way - there are also those little things we overlook since in the end, it is the thought that matters most.

laura

Posted 16 Years Ago


Oh, you are such a good writer, I just love everything you write.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Oh i just loved it.
I never knew you wrote something like this until i checked my reading list.
This is fabulous.

I not only love this but i love the fact how you love every small gesture of your husband and find love and happiness in that. I wish everyone could be as loving as you.

You have written it so wonderfully.

"The real story?"......The real and unreal story here is that you him and he loves you.

Great write.

Hugs,
Shinjini

Posted 16 Years Ago


"Well no, that's wrong; it was herself that instigated the feeling of happiness �. it was the stranger who gave her the map."

I found truth in this delightful story. It reminds me of many relations I've had over the years. I did read the poem, it was every bit as gorgeous and further drives home your point. Wonderful thought provoking story, Manoosh I enjoyed it!

*Wandering through the rooms inside her mind* ... I love this line. Wow.



Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Okay I am back. LOL It is great to see that you appreciate your husband and let him think he is doing something special and great just for you. Men sometimes do have a clue and need all the help and understanding we can get. I am happy to see that you haven't given up on him though.




Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I was just on my way to read that one how funny you wrote this. I will be back in a moment to review this a little more in depth.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

351 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 22, 2008
Last Updated on February 22, 2008

Author

Just Manoosh
Just Manoosh

Wonderland, South East England., United Kingdom



About
Music Playlist at MixPod.com Outside the Cafe Esperanza e inspiraci�n (Hope and Inspiration) Everyday without exception I shed silent tears. Just ask me, I won't bite. N.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


I Run Away I Run Away

A Poem by Rain