Light Within The Darkness

Light Within The Darkness

A Poem by Matthew Ryan Hardy

Your beauty makes my heart skip a beat,

Whenever I look into your eyes,

My heart pounds against my chest,

Whenever you smile,

I feel like I can’t say a word,

You are the light in my darkness

© 2011 Matthew Ryan Hardy


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Pros: Mmm.....I've felt this way. It's wonderful when they're yours, yet tears you to shreds when they aren't, but had been at some point. And usually, even if you're over the person, these feelings don't go away. That's true love. But enough of my reflecting. This is pretty, poetic, and I like it.

Cons: None.

Overall: Short and to the point, not to mention beautiful.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

i wish a guy would say that to me!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like this, but it feels a bit...incomplete? It sisn't seem to connect with the title, or give the reader any insight into why all of this means heartbreak to the speaker. The fact that it doesn't end with any kind of punctuation also leads me to believe the story told in this isn't finished, ar at least not all told. But I like it...so far.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This poem is a decent start to what could be a powerful poem. I would suggest a change of the title of the poem though. Personally I would name it, "Light Within The Darkness." The poem doesn't really match the current title though. Might I also suggest a couple more lines to emphasize your emotions better. Draw from within yourself, and I bet you could come up with something really great.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

389 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 7, 2011
Last Updated on August 2, 2011

Author

Matthew Ryan Hardy
Matthew Ryan Hardy

Roseville, MI



About
Poem: A piece of writing that partakes of the nature of both speech and song, and that is usually rhythmical and metaphorical. My Testimony I could never say that I never had a testimony until .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..