It Wasn't  Your Time.

It Wasn't Your Time.

A Poem by Sydney Evans
"

A poem for a little girl I knew.. She died at 7 from cancer. She fought since she was born when her life was only supposed to last 6 months. RIP Hunter..

"
When you first woke up, 
You were already broken.
6 months was all that filled your cup.
You denied the gates of Heaven when they opened.

You were a sister and daughter.
Hunter, that was your name.
You never gave up, you were a fighter.
You told God he couldn't take you when he came.

You proved them wrong by 7 years,
But that still wasn't your time.
I remember you, a girl with no fears.
You shouldn't have left in your prime.

© 2011 Sydney Evans


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A very touching and powerful piece of poetry. This one started to bring tears to my eyes. I knew some kids with cancer, and it isn't fair that they would have to go through something so terrifying. The fact that little girl lasted all that time is a testament to the power of her spirit. You have done her justice with this poem. I know that somewhere in Heaven she is smiling at you.

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

really touching at the end of it i had a tear rolling down my cheek i am sorry for your loss but the past is gone and you have to forget her and live your life amazingly written keep it up !!

Posted 8 Years Ago


The empathy drips from every word. It's a good thing for you to keep of remembrance. It's tragedy, but with a tinge of hope in it for living your life.

Posted 13 Years Ago


wow wonderful touching beautiful yet sorrowful poem i liked it tho it just uses such truth that u want to keep reading keep up the writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


This poem, though short, carries a heavy burden and a lot of meaning. Much like the short life of this brave little girl, in a way. You have done her justice with these beautifully chosen words and carefully sculpted rhythm. Every word had a purpose and every sentence was chilling, haunting, awe-inspiring. The words of the second stanza carefully spell out how unique this girl was, even in her weakened state - how she fought against even God, how she struggled to stay alive even at the hardest times. And the line "You proved them wrong by 7 years" is so full of meaning that it wields the power to strike someone to the soul. It makes the girl who is now just a memory a kind of warrior, because it gives the feeling of her immense strength despite having been told all her life that she had only a little longer left.

Very haunting and beautiful. RIP, Hunter.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is very good :) and it was really good to read since i knew what you were talking about, only because you shared it in english class.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very beautiful poema nd dedication to such a positive and brave soul.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Beautiful and touching. I'm sorry for your loss.

I have to wonder if Hunter was her real name, or you chose the name to show she was a go-getter. What an appropriate name.

Beautifully done.

Posted 13 Years Ago


a powerful legacy to brave young girl . . .

Posted 13 Years Ago


Pros: Hmm, that's touching. I like the way you put the emotions and whatnot in words. Sometimes it's hard to do that, especially with such a tender subject. But I like how you find a spark of happiness in that she fought and had a strong spirit. A glimmer of hope, if you will.

Cons: None.

Overall: Sad, touching, beautiful.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This gave me goosebumps! I loved the line "You proved them wrong by 7 years". This poem was so sad but beautiful! I loved it!

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1175 Views
22 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 9, 2011
Last Updated on February 9, 2011
Tags: hunter, cancer, sydney, evans

Author

Sydney Evans
Sydney Evans

Eaton, OH



About
Hello, my name is Sydney Rayne Evans! I'm seventeen and love to write. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..