1

1

A Chapter by Hazel Stone

I looked over to the window at the side of the office to my step daughter who stared away at a vase. I watched the principle enter with a teacher I didn’t recognize following. The principle sat in her chair and the teacher sat in the chair next to me.

“This is Athena’s English teacher Mr. Jackson” the principle introduced. “We are familiar with you warning us that this girl hasn’t spoken in ten years but…”the principle struggled for words as she jumped right into a conversation.

“How do we know she’s learning? It’s like she is waiting for us to turn our back so she can end us” the teacher interjected. “It’s been four years since I adopted her and all I can say is please at least try, she hasn’t made contact in ten years. It kills me to walk home and she’s sitting there depressed I have taken her everywhere a psychologist, a doctor you name it, and they say ‘I have no idea’” I said looking down.

“I’m sorry Mrs. Perkins, We just don’t think she is learning” the principle said shaking her head. “C’mon you can do better than that try harder” I said louder.

“How? She sits there staring at me while I teach, when I assign her something I stand there talking to her, I walk to my desk and she’s staring at the paper” Mr. Jackson said “I wouldn’t be surprised if she was satins child” He finished, and out of the corner of my eye I saw Athena slightly move her head and stare at Mr. Jackson and I shivered, that stare was so deadly It was hard to pay attention.

“Mr. Jackson” I said and he looked at me “Screw you” I yelled standing up walking to the door and opening “Screw this school” I yelled again, then I stopped turning back  “Athena, we are leaving” I said and she stood up following me.

 

            “I’m sorry this new school isn’t working out” I said placing the plate of beef in front of her then I backed away, she looked up at me and then I turned to go back in the kitchen. Instead of sitting and eating I went up stairs. I sat on my bed opening up my lap top I waited until I could pull up the internet and in the Google search engine I typed ‘What causes children to not speak’.

Later on I woke up with the outside still dark and a message on my computer screen saying ‘you’re in danger Maley’ I quickly clicked the cancel button just as a new message appeared saying ‘Don’t ignore me’ then I clicked okay and pushed the lap top off me and going down stairs. I didn’t recall falling asleep yet I was frightened by the message, you don’t always wake up to a warning saying you’re in danger. I went in the living room, screaming as I saw Athena staring at me.

“Athena, god you scared me” I said my hand over my heart; she walked swiftly past me so quietly it was as if she wasn’t even there. I looked down noticing a paper.I bent down picking it up but the words were in a different language that said ‘Νεκροί και ζωντανοί αναγκαία’ I squinted at the words not grafting the concept. Then I crumpled it up and tossed it in the garbage. I looked up at the dark steps wondering if I should be afraid of her. She was like a ghost she moved with no sound her skin was so pale it was white and she had dead black hair that past her shoulders, and even her eyes were a hard cold black. For that girl it was nothing but the silence.



© 2012 Hazel Stone


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I don't trust Google Translate... Awesome chapter!! very intruiguing. I hope to read more!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Hazel Stone

11 Years Ago

Thank you I will use your advise for future chapters
InsanityWriter

11 Years Ago

:) No probs. Let me know when you post the next chapter!! ^_^
Hazel Stone

11 Years Ago

The next is up

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 29, 2012
Last Updated on December 29, 2012


Author

Hazel Stone
Hazel Stone

El puerto de santa maria, Spain



About
Some things about me- *I love to Write and read *I love Action and adventure (anything that is unordinary COUNT ME IN) *Love ROMANCE * Fav color is ocean blue *never ever experianced a first Kiss.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Hazel Stone


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Hazel Stone


Capter 3 Capter 3

A Chapter by Hazel Stone