Chapter 4: The Revelation

Chapter 4: The Revelation

A Chapter by Midnighter


Light Years across the Galaxy, Brane Harloff is in the midst of his speech.


“The Milky Way Galaxy has gone through an unimaginable amount of change throughout the last fifteen years. It has experienced war, economic collapse, and even a changing of leadership. So perhaps the question on everyone’s mind is this… what will I implement that previous leaders have failed to achieve. How will I bring about the positive change our Galaxy so desperately needs? 


The answer is simple. I will bring upon something none of you want, but unfortunately, it’s something that must absolutely be done. What I am referring to... is a reckoning. A reckoning in the form…of vengeance.”


At that moment, both of Zana’s cybernetic eye sensors abruptly shut down. Blinding her completely. Weston’s handheld pocket transceiver powers off as well. A massive power blackout engulfs the entire expanse of the Milky Way Galaxy. Throwing every person, place, and planet into a void of darkness. 


Mass confusion and hysteria over takes the Galaxy. 


“Weston! What the hell’s going on?! I can’t see anything!” Zana shouts in distraught


“Good god… this is worse than I imagined.” Weston says to himself.


“All of you here, are beyond lucky.” Harloff says to the confused crowd. “Because unfortunately, everyone watching at home will miss this very important information I’m about to bring to light.

The story of Jonz Adwell… is one of complete and utter fabrication. My people, the Spraxans, were wrongly invaded, and slaughtered by the warmongering people of The Milky Way. 


You all view Jonz Adwell as a savior. A god if you will. However the heinous crimes he’s committed tell a much different story. Through his leadership, he attacked, and demolished every single planet in my home Galaxy. All except one. Our capital. The celestial body known as Zalderon. Why? I am not sure. But I am sure of this… I will create the same destruction and death he brought to our home, and bring it upon The Milky Way Galaxy tenfold!


Luckily, everyone here in this courtyard will become my slaves. However the rest of the Milky Way Galaxy...is about to be completely, and utterly annihilated. I must follow Jonz’s same actions. Only then, will there be justice.


Across the Galaxy, massive warships begin to decloak and reveal themselves. From Venus to Kronan, and even as far as Earth to Galzar. Within an instant, every planet is suddenly surrounded by a massive armada.


Zana’s curls up in the fetal position and begins having a severe panic attack.


However amongst the chaos, there is one individual who seems to be unfazed. Not only that, but he’s more calm than he’s ever been in his entire sixteen years of life. Simply because he knows something incredibly important. Level headedness... is the only way he’s going to save his planet from destruction. The individual in question is no other than Weston Worthington lll.


Weston rolls up a sleeve on his tuxedo, and reveals an expensive watch on his wrist. He gently lays his index finger on the face of it. A glowing blue light scans his finger print. 


“Identification access granted. Hello Mr. Worthington. How may I assist you today?” Says an artificial voice speaking through the watch.


“Grant me direct contact with the Galzaran Royal Palace. Now! We’re experiencing a code black. I repeat, code black” Weston says in an urgent yet calm tone of voice.


“As you wish Mr. Worthington”


The AI sends a faint indictable radio signal to the Royal Palace lightyears away. The King of Galzar receives the signal, and immediately answers it. 


“Father, are you there?” Asks Weston.


“Yes my son.” Responds the King with a thick otherworldly accent.


“Father, are you aware of the current situation?”


“Yes... I am”


“Then I am sure you are well aware of why I have contacted you.”


“My son, although you are incredibly gifted and intelligent, I still do not believe your project is enough to protect us all.”


“It is not a project Father. It is a contingency. One that can save us all.”


As the king pauses to contemplate his decision, he’s suddenly interrupted by one of his advisors. 


“My King, the two individuals you wished to speak to are here.” Says his advisor. 


“Tell them to wait” Responds the King. Weston overhears his father’s words. 


“No Father. Please let them in. Elias and Dex know of my skill. They will vouch for me. I’m sure of it.”


“Very well. Let them come” Orders the King. 


Elias and Dex are swiftly escorted into the King’s royal throne room.


“Good evening gentlemen. The two of you are Dex and Elias, am I correct?”


“Yes, your highness” They respond.


“Very well. My first question will be directed towards you Elias. You see, my primary purpose for calling you here was to discuss the implications of a particular conspiracy theory. One that has been spreading far across the Milky Way Galaxy. It was first brought to my attention by my son, Weston. He told me of how you and him would occasionally discuss this theory during breaks at school. Is this accurate information?” 


“Yes sir.”


“Interesting. My original plans were to get a better understanding of how this theory came to be. As well as how to stop such nonsense from spreading. Unfortunately… this so called theory is more factual than I presumed. The Milky Way Galaxy has been overtaken. So considering you seem to be the only individual with extensive knowledge on this situation, I will do everything in my power to make sure your voice is heard. Because as of right now, we need as much insight as possible. We must de escalate this situation.”


“Thank you for entrusting me your highness. I will do my best to help in anyway I can.” Responds Elias.


“Not a problem. So, my son Weston seems to be under the impression that he can offer a solution to our current predicament. Tell me, what do you two know of his capabilities?”


“Well ever since elementary school Weston’s been the smartest person I’ve known.” Says Elias.


Lightyears away, Weston begins growing impatient. He looks down at Zana. Her heavy breathing has turned into a gasping wheeze. Seeing her shake and whimper on the ground sparks something inside Weston’s heart. With his calm demeanor still intact, Weston makes another call through his watch communicator. 


“Maxwell are you there” Asks Weston.


“Ohhhh, Master Weston, how courteous of you to call.” Maxwell responds with heavy sarcasm. 


“Yes, yes, I know, I haven't contacted you in months. I’ve just been busy with the contingency plans. Which is actually the reason I’m calling.”


“Master Weston, I have been your personal butler since you were in diapers. Why did you not call me before this situation escalated? Together we could have stopped this issue before it sprawled out of control.”


Weston lets out a heavy sigh.


“Maxwell… everything you’re saying is correct. However at some point I’m going to have to rely on myself to solve my issues. Going to school with kids from various different planets has taught me something very important. Relying solely on others will only weaken you.”


“Master Weston your will is admirable… however at this moment in time, you must set that aside. Billions of lives are at stake. We must work together.


Weston goes into deep thought.


“Very well. Do you still have the special device I gifted you?” Asks Weston.


“Of course” Says Maxwell.


“Splendid. You know the coordinates, meet me at the Palace.”


“As you wish” Responds Maxwell.


Weston ends the call. He slowly crouches down and begins speaking softly to Zana.


“Fear not, this nightmare will soon be over.” He calmly whispers to her. 


Weston gently lifts Zana off of the ground and lifts her over his shoulder. He again lays his finger on the face of his watch. A blue light scans his finger print.


“Hello Mr. Worthington, how may I assist you?” Ask the AI.


“Teleport me to the Galzaran Royal Palace” Responds Weston.


“As you wish Mr. Worthington”

Surging energy begins to build around the surrounding area. All of it concentrating from a single source, Weston’s watch communicator. The energy reaches an integral tipping point. A blinding flash of light bursts outward, causing Weston to teleport.


He abruptly appears in the Galzaran Royal Throne room, carrying Zana over his shoulder. His sudden appearance startles everyone in the room, which include Elias, Dex, King Weston, and Sir Maxwell. 


“My son, I see you’ve joined us.” Says the King.


“Fashionably late as always” Maxwell says sarcastically.


“I’m sure I was only beaten by a couple of seconds” Weston responds.


“Weston, what’s wrong with Zana?” Elias asks with genuine concern in his voice.


“I see my father has gifted you some cybernetic legs. You can thank me for that gift. Nevertheless, Zana is emotionally ill. Unfortunately her emotional wellbeing is the very least of our worries”


“Guys we need a game plan.” Says Elias.


“Which is precisely why I’m here.” Exclaims Weston. He turns on his handheld transceiver device. Weston activates a three-dimensional hologram monitor. The monitor begins projecting planetary images to everyone in the throne room.


“This is the planet known as Corillon.” Says Weston, as he pulls up a full scale 3D model of the planet. “Or at least it was. Approximately three minutes ago, it was hit by a bombardment of Xion Cannons, promptly causing the planet’s core to collapse on itself. Within an instant, billions of innocent lives were killed.”


“Woah, what?” Exclaims Dex.


The entire throne room falls silent. Everyone is completely shocked by Weston’s words. 


“You’re telling me the entire Corillan race is dead right now?” Asks Elias.


“Did I stutter?” Responds Weston. “Here’s the thing… as we currently speak, this is happening to thousands upon thousands of planets across the Galaxy. Harloff’s destructive rampage has begun. 


“Then why the heck are we all sitting here talking?” Says Elias. “These a******s just killed all of Zana’s people. Doesn’t she have enough that she’s going through in life? I say we kill every last one of these Spraxans before they kill us” He says with rage in his voice.


“Calm yourself Mr. Adwell.” Responds the King.


“No Father, Elias is correct. Affirmative action will be our only way of survival. Which brings us to my plan.”


“Woah, woah, woah. Your plan?” Says Dex. “Hey, Weston, I don’t know you that well, but what qualifications do you have to make leadership decisions in a situation like this?”


“Oh, Master Weston is as qualified as anyone in that regard.” Says Maxwell.


“I agree with that.” Says Elias. “There’s a lot of things people don’t know about Weston. This I know first hand. If anyone’s going to get us through this situation, it’s going to be him.


“So, now that it seems that we are all in agreement, tell me my son, what will be our next plan of action?” Asks the King.


“Everyone follow me to my room. Elias, here, you take Zana.


Although there’s slight reluctancy, they all decide to follow Weston. 


They exit the Royal Throne Room and begin walking down a vast hallway. Countless paintings of Weston’s royal lineage are beautifully etched on the surrounding walls. They come to the sight of a magnificent golden staircase which leads to Weston’s room. As they follow it down, the sense of urgency and worry plaguing everyone's mind has reached a troublesome level. All of them unsure of how much time they have before the Milky Way meets it’s impending doom.


“Elias, you think Zana will be ok?” Asks Dex as they travel down the staircase. 


“Oh, she will. Zana’s a fighter” Responds Elias while carrying her in his arms.


They all reach the end of the staircase and find themselves in front of a large door. The name, Weston Worthington lll, is cursively written on the door in bold lettering.


“I’m guessing this is it, right?” Asks Elias


“That would be correct” Responds Weston. “Iko, it’s Weston, may I please be let it? Weston says into an intercom mic attached to the door.


“Of course Mr. Worthington.” Responds an artificial female voice. “Oh, and how should I deal with these unwanted guests? Should I kill them?”


“No, no, no! These are friends of mine. Along with my father. He doesn’t visit this area of the Palace often. They are not threats.”


Everyone begins looking at each other in confusion. 


“Very well. Everyone, hello. I am Iko, Weston’s artificial assistant. Come, come, all of you are welcome to enter Weston’s bedroom slash laboratory at this time.” 


The door opens, revealing Weston’s amazing bedroom to the group. 


“Woah” Says Elias as he enters.


His room is an advanced technological wonderland. Glowing obelisk towers seem to be generating energy and power throughout the room. A gigantic high definition monitor screen stands tall in the center of the bedroom. The light from the monitor reflects off of the gorgeous glass chandeliers hanging from the high ceilings, causing a disco light effect to display across the room’s surface.


“Alright Weston, I have to admit, this place is pretty damn cool, but how is being in here going to help us?” Asks Elias.


“I’m getting to that. Ok everyone, please direct your attention to my monitor screen” Says Weston. “Everyone prepare yourselves, because the classified information I’m about to tell all of you may be shocking.”


“Weston shut the hell up. All of your talking is giving me a headache.” Says Zana. 


“Woah! Zana? You’re ok?” Asks Elias.


“Yes, so can you please put me down now.”


“Oh, sorry.” Says Elias. “So… can you see now?”


“Things are a little blurry, but yeah, I can.”


“How?” Ask Dex.


“The same reason my watch transceiver was able to work, even after the power grid shut down.” Inputs Weston. “A little discovery known as the Worthington Particle is to blame.” 


Everyone gives Weston a puzzled look. 


“To put it briefly, I, with the help of my butler Maxwell, discovered a never before seen particle. This discovery has secretly granted the planet of Galzar limitless unsustainable energy for the last several months.” 


“I guess that explains why this place wasn’t affected by the blackout right?” Asks Elias.


“Precisely.” Responds Weston. “Galzar’s cloaking technologically is the most advanced in the entire Milky Way. Ever since the blackout began, exactly twenty minutes ago, this planet has been completely erased off of the planetary grid. We’re safe for now, however the Spraxans have access to dangerously advanced tech. I’m not quite sure how long we can stay hidden.”


“Ok, so what’s the game plan?” Asks Zana. 


“None of you, and none of my people will be dying by the hands of the Spraxans today. My plan is to use the Worthington Particle’s energy to teleport the entire planet of Galzar into another dimension. 

I can’t save the rest of the Milky Way, however by doing this, all of my people, family and friends here on Galzar will be saved. We cannot defeat the Spraxans. Retreating seems to be our only option.”


Multiple emergency sirens can be heard roaring out in the distance. Faint, blood curdling screams can also be heard screeching from a far.


“What the hell is that?” Asks Elias.


Sir Maxwell and Weston quickly lock eyes. Weston looks down at his handheld transceiver. 


“Ok everyone, listen to me. Galzar’s planetary cloaking veil has just been compromised.” Says Weston.


“S**t! We’re screwed!” Shouts Dex. His gills begin to nervously flutter due to his heightened anxiety. 


“Chill out Dex. We need to keep a level head” Remarks Elias.


“Tis true.” Says Weston. “Remaining level headed in times of crisis will play a grand role in our potential survival here today.”


*BOOOM*


An eardrum rattling explosion can be heard igniting out in the distance. 


Weston receives a call through his transceiver. He swiftly answers it. 


“Hello?”


“This is Galzaran Orbital Defence Force commander, William Corgex. Requesting to speak with Prince Weston Worthington lll.” 


“You’re currently speaking to him.” Responds Weston.


“The bunker housing the Worthington Particle Accelerator was just laid waste by a stray missile. The Spraxan war ships are converging into the atmosphere from low orbit.”


Weston’s face turns pale. He sits down on the floor and hangs his head down in despair.


“Weston, are you ok?” Asks Elias.


“Like any man with dignity, I’m willing to accept when I’m defeated.” Responds Weston.


“Woah, woah, woah, let’s take a time out here.” Zana says with confusion in her voice. “Were you not just the guy who was about to save all of us just a few minutes ago? Or is there something I’m missing here?” She asks in distraught. 


“The bunker that was just destroyed was housing the Worthington Particle Accelerator.” Inputs Maxwell. “Master Weston designed that bunker to be incredibly durable.”


“Why?” Asks Elias.


“Because everything, literally everything we needed to survive this invasion rested on that Accelerator!” Shouts Weston. “My teleportation plan will not work unless we use its energy. We’re currently sitting ducks in an open pond. It’s over.”


Weston slams his fist on a nearby laboratory desk


“I’m a fool to think I could have done it all. After the curtain closes… I’m just a regular teenager like the rest of you. I could only hold this facade of confidence for so long.” 


“Master Weston, I’m sure your friends understand. You did your best.” Says Maxwell as he lays his hand on Weston’s back to comfort him.”


Flashbacks of Elias’s childhood begin to overwhelm his already stressed out mind. Elias transitions deep into thought.


(Nine years ago….)


“Attention students, attention students.” Says the three headed, gelatinous, principal, Dr. Velma Gloogen. Her mint green, translucent body vibrates and jiggles as she speaks into the mic. 


“Behave yourselves my students, because today we will be visited by two very special guest. Miss Salera Onvoi, widowed wife of the legendary Jonz Adwell, will be arriving here to speak with us today. As well as their son, Elias Adwell. Students and teachers, please be on your best behavior. If Miss Onvoi decides to let her son attend our school, the potential for financial growth here at Gloogen Elementary School, will increase exponentially.” Says principle Gloogen.


Meanwhile, a few lightyears away, Elias and his mother are converging towards Gloogen Elementary school at light speed. The escort ship they’re traveling in has a very limousine-like appearance. 


“Mom why do I have to keep switching schools?” Asks a seven year old Elias. 


“You may not have to switch schools this time sweety” Responds his mother. “Yes, I do want you to experience more of life outside of Kronan, but a multirace school like this may be a bad influence on you. Let’s just see how this plays out sweety. Ok?”


“Ok, mom”


(Meanwhile, back in the auditorium…) 


“I told you to stop Weston!” Shouts a young Zana.


“Lower your voice young lady” Says Mrs. Woan.


“But Mrs. Woan, Weston’s messing with my eye sensors!”


“Am not.” Responds Weston. “I’m actually hacking them using my new invention. I call it… The Handheld Transceiver. It’s like a regular transceiver but you can carry it around in your shorts.”


“Samething! Plus that name is dumb.” Says Zana.


“No, you’re dumb… and really pretty.” Says Weston as he winks at her.


“Shut up!” 


“Zana, switch seats with Rann and sit next to Dex.” Says Mrs. Woan.


“Awww maaannn, but he smells like seaweed.” Responds Zana.


“Now.” Orders Mrs. Woan.


Zana reluctantly follows her request. She switches and sits near the end of the row. 


“Ok everyone, may I please have your attention?” Says principle Gloogen. “There’s been a change of plans. Miss Salera will only be speaking to the staff and teachers here today. The rest of the school will have free recess time until the end of the speech.”


As the children of Gloogen Elementary are released into the school’s open play yard, a severely uninterested Elias sits on a bench near the swings. Accompanied by his uncle, star pilot in training, Admiral Cameron Adwell. Light snowfall begins to rain down upon the mountainous landscape surrounding school. The snow has a glitter-like color and consistency. 


The sight of the other students entering the play yard cures Elias’s boredom. Elias sees a familiar young man making a snowball. He swiftly darts towards the jungle gym. His uncle begins to chase him down. However the young admiral stops once he recognizes the familiar young man Elias is running towards.


“Dex, Dex!” Elias shouts as he approaches him. 


“Sup Elias!” Says Dex as his face illuminates with excitement. 


“Did you leave the all human school?” Dex asks with gleeful urgency? 


“No, not yet.” Elias responds with somber. 


“You should leave. Those guys are jerks. Here at Gloogen, no one picks on you because of how you look.” Says Dex.


“Yeah I know, humans are jerks. I hope my mom lets me come here soon. School is boring without you”


“Elias! Watch out!” Shouts Dex as he tackles Elias. Mere seconds after they hit the ground, a small propeller drone, flies past their heads.”


“Hey! Watch it Weston!” Shouts Dex. 


“Sorry, sorry, please forgive me” Weston says from a far. He attempts to gain control of the drone using a large remote control device.


“Ugh! The Xion Batteries are fried. I knew I should’ve replaced them.” Weston mumbles to himself as he tinkers away at the remote control device using an electrically charged screwdriver. 


Elias and Dex run towards Weston. He’s soon met by a barrage of remarks from two enraged seven year olds.


“What the heck man! You almost killed us!” Shouts Dex.


“Not cool dude.” Says Elias.


“My apologies, my apologies. I wish I could give you two some grievances, but sadly, we do not have time to discuss that. Everyone here at the play yard is in grave danger. This drone is flying beyond ninety miles per hour. On top of that it’s also equipped with two saw blade-like propellers. We must evacuate immediately.” Weston insists. 


“Why does he sound like a english teacher?” Elias asks Dex.


Meanwhile back near the swings, Elias’s uncle, lost in a novel, takes a break from reading. He raises his head and checks on Elias. All seems good until he spots the drone flying over head. Rapidly scurrying across the grey skies. However, almost without notice, it quickly nosedives. Looking at it’s trajectory, Admiral Cameron predicts it’s potential landing point. Right next to Zana. She seems to be unaware of the approaching threat, as she sits alone innocently combing the hair of her dirty ragdoll. 


On foot, there’s no way to warn her in adequate time. Nor can his voice alert her, due to the sound of playing children. Admiral Cameron makes a split second decision to radio in his auto piloted Starship, resting in the school’s visitors only, starship hangar. 


“This is Cameron J. Adwell requesting ship assistance! Activate autoplited emergency systems! Code 3B-7, override! I repeat, code 3B-7, override!” He urgently shouts into his radio mic.

His ship responds to his command, and powers on. Cameron’s sleek, crimson colored fighter ship bursts out of the hangar and thrusts towards the school’s play yard. All with in an eye blinking time span.


All of the children begin to run in confused terror as four of the schools emergency sirens sound off. Zana quickly looks up and watches with curiously as a wave of her classmates dash back into the building. Her cybernetic eye sensors begin vibrating and buzzing. Primarily her right one. This realization prompts her to glance to her side. 


At that moment, Zana’s life flashed before her eyes, as the small drone is viciously snatched out of the sky. Mere seconds before it hits her. Almost as if it was a small rodent grappled by a crimson red hawk. The ship’s talon-like landing gear tightly clenches onto the drone as it flies back towards the hangar. Unfortunately the grip of the ship holds too tight. 


The landing gear punctures the drones outer shell promoting it to explode. The massive explosion knocks out the ship’s light speed thrusters. As it nosedives towards the ground, a new unlucky target is in deadly crossfire. None other than Dex, who’s running far behind all of his classmates.


“Dex, come on, hurry up man!” Shouts Elias who’s leading the charge back into the school.”


“I’m… I’m not good at… running on land” Studders Dex as he pants in between breaths.


Dex’s stamina on land hinders him so much so, that he passes out and falls onto the ground. Leaving him completely exposed. The entire ship violently crash lands a few feet next to him. The other students watch in horror from a distance. 


Elias’s heart sinks. Seeing his best friend die right in front of his eyes is something he was not prepared for. But before he breaks down in tears… something miraculous occurs. Emerging out of the explosion’s inferno, glowing from Xion radiation exposure, is a barley injured Dex. Brushing himself off while limping towards Elias. 


As the snowfall fades, sunlight beams through the grey skies. A present day Elias has an apifiny unlike any other. He snaps out of his mental flashback with excitement rushing through his veins.


(Back in the present day…..)


“That’s it! That’s it!” Elias shouts with overwhelming excitement.


“Um… Elias, you good man?” Asks Dex as the time and setting returns to normal. 


“So what, you have an idea now or something?” Zana asks with urgency.


“You’re damn right I do.” Elias says with power and confidence in his voice. “Alright, listen up, all of you, wait… no, the entire population of the Galaxy itself, keeps telling me I’m the son of the most legendary man to ever live, right? Jonz Adwell is my father, but I’ve never really shown that. I’ve always been suclistive, unassertive, and all around… unlike him in every possible way. He laid down his life to keep us protected... so you know what… it’s time I man up, and do the same.”


“Hell yeah! Let’s do this!” Shouts Dex. Seeing Elias finally come to his own is something Dex has been waiting to see for years. It almost brings a tear to his eyes.


Seeing Elias’s confidence sparks something inside Weston as well.


“Ok, tell me my friend, what do you currently have in mind? “Asks Weston.


“I had a vision, of the past. Do you guys remember the whole crash incident that happened back in elementary school?” Asks Elias.


“Yeah, you mean when Weston almost killed me with a toy helicopter? Heck yeah I remember that. A*****e.”


“Well technically it was an advanced survey drone” Weston responds.


“Either way.” Says Elias “The drone exploded and damaged my uncle's ship. The whole ship crash landed and blew up right next to Dex. Not only did he survive, but he was exposed to the ship’s Xion Radiation. The crazy thing is… he lived.”


“Interesting, so what are you getting at young man?” Ponders Sir Maxwell.


“Give me a sec, Ok, Weston, answer a question for me”


“Proceed” He responds.


“I don’t know you that well honestly. But I know you well enough to know that you have a back up plan for almost anything. Even for the bunker being destroyed. Correct?”


“Yes of course. The backup accelerator. However for obvious reasons, we can’t use it. Otherwise that would be my number one priority at the moment.”


“What? Why not?” Asks Zana.


“Now that the main accelerator is down, teleporting to the backup accelerator would be impossible. We can only teleport using the main accelerator’s energy.


“Why can’t we just walk to the other bunker?” Asks Zana.


“The second bunker's entrance can only be accessed on the surface. We’ll be exposed and completely bombarded by the Spraxan ships the moment we emerge.” Weston insists.


“Then there’s only one way we’re getting to that bunker....Dex we need you buddy.” Elias says as everyone turns and stares at Dex.


“Ok, I know where you guys are going with this, but here’s the thing, I may have survived the ship’s explosion, but the Spraxans are relentless. They have no regard for life. They’ll bombard me with Xion Cannons that are five times as strong as the ship explosion.” Argues Dex.


“Dex… we’re running out of options. You’re our last hope. You may come out of this missing a couple limbs, but you’re the only person in this room durable enough to survive this mission. We need you man. The whole planet does.”


Dex pauses to contemplate his decision.


“Alright… I’m down. Let’s do this.” 


“Before you go, you may need this my friend.” Says Weston. He types in a series of advanced numbers and codes into his transceiver. A cybernetic armoured exo-suit materializes in front of Dex. 


“This suit will most likely be destroyed the moment it’s hit by a Xion powered weapon. Keep in mind, it may be suited for one time use, however it’s better than having no protection at all.” Says Weston.


“Got it” Responds Dex. 


Weston begins speaking a command into his transceiver mic.


“Attachment sequence, activate. Attach exoskeleton to Marinian specimen.”


“As you wish Mr. Worthington.” Says Weston’s artificial assistant.


The exo-suit grabs onto the back of Dex’s body. From there it slowly molds onto his skin, perfectly conforming to his body’s scales and fins. After finally wrapping around his gills, the molding is complete. Dex’s sleek yet thoroughly mechanized exo-suit gives him the appearance of a futuristic medieval knight.


“Ok Weston, do you have a map with direct navigation to the second bunker?” Asks Elias.


“Indeed I do.” Weston pulls up a full scale three dimensional map display on the monitor. Showing intricate and detailed directions to the bunker.


“Alright Dex, it seem like the bunker is hidden beneath The Royal Echros Lake. You’ve been there before, it’s right next to the hospital… or at least the one that used to be there. Most of the land has been blown to smithereens over the last twenty minutes.” Says Elias.


“Well in that case, how in the hell am I supposed to navigate it? The landscape has been completely destroyed and rearranged.” Asks Dex.


“You may need some help. I’ll have to go in with you” Says Elias.





© 2019 Midnighter


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

32 Views
Added on June 27, 2019
Last Updated on June 27, 2019


Author

Midnighter
Midnighter

Columbia, SC



About
I love to write stories that expand the creative thinking capability of the individuals who read them. I have no bias towards any one genre but if I had to choose, it would be either Sci-Fi or Thrille.. more..

Writing